Cover image for Glassdoor
Logo

Add an Interview

Glassdoor Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1.2K interviews

Other25%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Glassdoor

Application

I interviewed at Glassdoor

Interview

Not sure if the disorganization and discourtesy [to follow up] was unique to the recruiter or a reflection of the organization's culture. - Had a phone interview with the recruiter, but I couldn't hear half of what they were saying because they were in a very noisy environment (it honestly sounded like a party was happening in the background). - Was told that the next round would be a Zoom meeting, but a Zoom link was never set out and instead it defaulted to another phone interview which resulted in the interviewer's tardiness due to the mix up. - The interviewer seemed to suggest that I'll be speaking with the team in the next round of interviews at the end of the conversation - And then they ghosted me despite follow ups requesting status and feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Glassdoor
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Glassdoor

Application

I interviewed at Glassdoor

Interview

First stage was easy, technical challenge was difficult . Had a few days to prepare a proposal in advance and present it back along with a data analysis challenge which you were not able to prepare for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Glassdoor

Join the conversation on

Data & Analytics Consultants

1y

works at

CapTech

Hey Guys. Hoping to get some advice here. I am currently a Senior Manager at CapTech with 12 YOE, all in consulting. I have been with CapTech specifically for 7 years doing a bunch of different things from developing ETL pipelines to analytics and dashboarding. My most recent role was more in product analytics where I feel like I have really grown from ‘just a BI developer’ to a data product owner like role. Right now my base is at 130K. Looking at data on Glassdoor this seems low. Thoughts?

7 Comments

Tech

468.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Glassdoor~100431
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manistee, MI

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Manistee, MI) in Jul 2021

Interview

This was a very lengthy process. 1/ Recruiter interview & convo 2/ Hiring Manager interview 3/ Panel interview 4/ Problem prep and presentation After such a lengthy process, not to be selected felt like I wasted time. It was at least 2 days worth between the interviews and the presentation prep/communications.

1 person found this interview helpful

Glassdoor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor

Interview

Overall not very pleasant experience HR: seems very unprofessional - canceled meeting twice. did not ask any questions during screening processes but rather, talked only about logistics. After being scheduled for a talk with the hiring manager, she forgot about it and did the screening again. Hiring manager - no hard questions but got rejected immediately after the interview - which seems rude to me

Interview Questions
  • HR: did not ask any specific questions HM: questions about relevant experience
3 people found this interview helpful

Glassdoor

Application

I interviewed at Glassdoor

Interview

The interview itself was fine, but I was later told they were no longer hiring for the position and looking for someone with more experience. Which ended up being a waste of time for all parties.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Glassdoor

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor in Jul 2019

Interview

1) Phone call with a recruiter 2) Take-home product spec sheet 3) Interview with Lead PM The position I was applying for was eliminated 15 minutes before my scheduled interview with the Lead Product Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in Jun 2019

Interview

The first step was a phone screen with the recruiter and then onto the hiring manager. I had a product exercise sent to me to complete. The exercise included the challenge of providing a better experience to applicants including providing a personalized response. Ironically I received a cookie cutter response that “we've decided to move forward with other candidates...”

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Glassdoor

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor in Mar 2014

Interview

I was intro'ed to a Director of Product Management by a friend, and luckily he was the hiring manager for the position I was most interested in. Had an initial screen call to cover my background, then an in-depth call to discuss ideas relating to Glassdoor. He then referred me to a VP for a second opinion, and that call was substantially harder as I think he was dubious about by background to start. My experience is largely in early stage startups and as an entrepreneur, and I had never worked at a later-state startup like Glassdoor. He asked for some work examples, which I sent, but it was not enough to convince him. It was frustrating because I believe the hiring manager wanted to hire me and I was enthusiastic about the role (and believe I was well-suited for it). After I received a somewhat boilerplate rejection, I asked the VP for some feedback as to why they passed. He was happy to answer: They were looking for a candidate with more high-traffic website experience.

Interview Questions
  • How do you balance Glassdoor's reliance on privacy with a need to have social functionality?
4 people found this interview helpful

Popular Careers with Glassdoor Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Glassdoor? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Glassdoor Careers

Cover image for Glassdoor

We Are Transparent We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and...More

• Our Leaders
  • Work Where You Want
  • DEI at Glassdoor
  • Intern With Us

Company Updates

Logo

3 days ago

Events
Glassdoor is partnering with coding bootcamp General Assembly, to host a Virtual Internship Fireside Chat with Glassdoor Engineering and Product Design leaders! This will be a fantastic opportunity for you to learn more about Glassdoor’s Intern Program, hear our business leaders provide insight into Intern hiring, and gain valuable tips/tricks to stand out during the application process. The event will be held over Zoom on Thursday, December 8 at 11:00am PST / 1:00pm CST / 2:00pm EST. You can register now at the link below! At this time, Glassdoor will be hiring for Software Engineer, Data Science, Product Design, and Product Management Interns for Summer 2023. All Intern roles will be remote and applications will open on December 12 for a June 2023 start.
Shared image - Welcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Glassdoor x General Assembly Summer 2023 Internship Virtual Fireside Chat. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.
glassdoor.zoom.us

Glassdoor Photos

+ Add Photo
Glassdoor photo of: Glassdoor Leadership Summit 2022
Glassdoor photo of: Go-To-Market Summit 2022
Glassdoor photo of: TA Team Meeting (plus dogs!)
Glassdoor photo of: Glassdoor Chicago Halloween Party