Find jobs for Sales Development Representative

Glassdoor Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 112 of over 981 interviews

Recruiter9%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2020

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter who went through why I wanted to work there and general questions such as why I’m looking to move and my salary expectations etc. I then had a face to face interview with manager which was a 45 minute competency based interview and then a 15 minute qual call that I had to prepare for and I also had to prepare a question that was asked in the interview - how I would secure 100 opportunities in a quarter.

Interview Questions
  • How I prepared for the interview? What I know about glassdoor? How I perform in teams? How I like to be managed? My 5 year plan?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2020

Interview

I met Marijka and Caroline who made me feel so at ease from the second I walked in the door. They were both chatty and bubbly and allowed for a very open conversation. It was around my background and how my experience can relate to the position. A few competency based questions thrown in too. Mainly about what motivates you and your growth mindset. The interview was 45 minutes and the a 30 minute role play.

Interview Questions
  • If an account executive told you that your lead wasn’t qualified how would you react

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2020

Interview

Overall interview process was one of the nicest interviews I’ve had. First phone call with recruiter, (informal and get to know you and a bit on your background) This lead to an on site interview the following week with two sales managers. Two genuine lovely women who I connected with immediately. 45 mins of competency based interview questions Then a 15 minute mock call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Glassdoor

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor

Interview

Interview process was run very professionally throughout. It began with a phone interview with a talent acquisition partner. She was very nice and helpful throughout the whole process. This interview consisted of discussing my experience so far, why sales, why Glassdoor. I was also informed about the role, description, salary and benefits from the start, which was great. Next up would be an interview with two hiring managers and 15 minute mock call. I was told the best way to prepare for this interview on the phone by the talent acquisition partner. But also she followed up in emails of how to prepare for the mockcalls. It was great as they provide with you the best chance to prepare as well as possible. The onsite interview was a great experience. I was a bit late as the office can be hard to find but the hiring managers were so understanding and made me feel at ease straight away. I had a 45 competency based interview, really trying to understand why sales, how does your previous experience relate to the role, why glassdoor, what motivates you to go to work. Both managers were very welcoming and friendly. The mock call then lasted 15 minutes. Prepare for this but do no sound over prepared. They want to see how you would be on the phone. Received feedback right after on the call and areas of improvement. I received another offer in area more similar to my college degree. But I was really looking forward to start in Glassdoor. Everybody that I met in company was very nice. It seems like a great place to work and learn as a sales development rep

Interview Questions
  • Example of a time where you failed and what you learnt from it?

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dublin, Dublin) in Jan 2020

Interview

Excellent process, mainly centered around getting to know you as an individual rather than just a candidate for the job. Great interview which I feel allowed me to give the most honest assessment of myself.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Glassdoor

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dublin, Dublin) in Jan 2020

Interview

When I applied for the Sales Development Role I was contacted via email by the recruitment team. I was invited to complete an initial phone interview with Asal. The call lasted 20 minutes. I was asked about by experience and my motivation for joining Glassdoor. The call was received bang on time and completed in a professional manner. At the end of the call I was invited for an interview on the coming Friday. I received all of the relevant information to prepare for the interview shortly after the call. My interview was with Caroline and Marijka. First, they outlined the structure of the interview. Then they went on to talk about each of their backgrounds. I then talked about my own experience. The interview questions were delivered in a conversational way which I felt was good because it maintained comfort throughout the meeting. The two interviewers were easy to talk to which was helpful! Finally, I was asked to complete the sales scenario role play which I had prepared. When the role play finished, we talked about it and I was given some feedback. I was given the offer on the following Tuesday. It was the smoothest interview process I had ever completed. I felt comfortable to contact the team at any time with questions as well, before and after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2020

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to do a video interview with pre-recorded questions to get an understanding of my personality and why Glassdoor. I then had a phone interview with the recruiter which was really more like a conversation about the role which I loved. I then was brought into the office for the onsite interview where I met with two managers and two people currently in the SDR role. I was then brought back the following day for a final interview with an SDR Manager in which I did a cold call simulator. I felt pretty confident about the interview and everyone I interviewed with/met was wonderful. It was one of the best-interviewing experience's I have had. Unfortunately, Glassdoor decided after my interview process to hold off on bringing on another SDR at the time which was unexpected. I wish that was not the case because Glassdoor seems like a really great company to work for. Aside from the last-minute change of direction with their hiring needs, it was a great experience and my recruiter Nate was wonderful and so quick to answer any questions I had. I wish every company did interviews the way Glassdoor does.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Dublin, Dublin) in Jan 2020

Interview

From my application to the initial contact back from Glassdoor was quite quick, maybe 2 days or so & from here on out communication from the Talent Acquisition team was first class. They were flexible with times for my first interview over the phone & the same with me face-to-face. Phone interview - 30 mins approx. : general chat about myself, previous roles & how / why I felt I would be a suitable candidate for the role - very relaxed nature & plenty of opportunity to express your views & explain your CV further. Face-to-face - 1.5 hours approx. : After my phone interview I was sent an email with a lot of info on what the main interview will consist of (including a mock company to learn about which was used in the mock phone call) - all prep required was in this email which I found really helpful. This interview dug deeper into my previous roles & the skills I had which were relevant to the position. They also looked to figure out how I best dealt with awkward or difficult situations with customers but again the conversation flowed well so I felt at ease with the two interviewers. Mock call - I feel I prepped well for this due to the info given in the email & my own background research & felt more at ease once I tried to think of it as a real life scenario.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Glassdoor?

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in Dec 2019

Interview

Glassdoor recruiters truly do their best at making the interview process as seamless as possible. With previous in person interviews I typically only get a confirmation e-mail regarding time and where the interview will take place. For Glassdoor, their recruiters send you information on how the interview will go, who you'll be interviewing with, and truly help you feel organized for the interview. - I had 1 phone interview with a Glassdoor recruiter after I applied for the position online - Scheduled an in person interview where I met with 2 managers and 1 sales development rep. - Made it to the final interview where I met with 2 managers and had a mock sales call. - That same day I received an offer for the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process at Glassdoor was really positive overall. I applied online and within a few hours was asked to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. This was mostly just the recruiter giving me additional information on the position and what it’s like working at Glassdoor, pretty simple. After that, I was asked to come back in for an in person interview with SDR managers and 2 current SDRs. This was more of a structured interview, 30 minutes with each manager individually and 30 minutes with both SDRs at once. The third and final round was a 15 minute presentation to a few SDR managers. The presentation was a final way to sell myself to the team, and to express my abilities to do the job. Overall, it was a great process. I felt well informed the whole way through, and the team was all super nice!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 112 Interviews