Glassdoor Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2018

2.6

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter wrote me saying they liked my resume and the Engineering Manager would call to interview me on the phone. When I spoke with the engineering manager, I felt like he had already made up his mind before talking to me on the phone. He was abrupt and seemed like he didn't have time for the interview. When I asked him what he would most value from the person he was hiring, he responded he wanted someone who "would work like a machine". Ok....

Interview Questions

• He asked me standard questions about how continuous integration worked and so forth   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two calls: first with a recruiter for screening and the second with the lead web developer to discuss the needs of Glassdoor and to answer a short quiz on web vocab essentially. Then after asking to come visit the office twice over a week period, got a rejection letter with no explanation a week later.

Interview Questions

• Q: What does 'use strict' mean in javascript?
      Q: How do you write chainable functions?
      etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I applied online, then I got an email. Email asked for an updated resume. I sent the updated resume. Later, I got a phone call to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. The interviewer called me on time and our conversation lasted for about one hour.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

recruiter got in touch with a couple of questions related relocation as it was in marin county, visa status. after my reply, he/she did not have the common courtesy you expect from a recruiter to get back regarding the application status. All they did was update the jobvite application status to "not selected". how rude is that, i would have not wanted to work for this company anyways

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Mar 23, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We value your input and are sorry to hear about your experience of not receiving an email notification following the interview process. We... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The questions were typical interview questions. About my motivation, my greatest achievements in the past, etc.
    The interviewer was engaging and really paid attention through active listening.
    Finally I was not hired, since I was considered to be overqualified.

Interview Questions

• What is the achievement you are most proud of where teamwork was important?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a good process. Very thoughtful. Hard process. Speak with a recruiter first then you speak with a potential manager that would hire for you. I have heard that they do group interviews as well

Interview Questions

• Had to do a live demo in front of 4 managers. It was a difficult process but they really test what you can do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor. Quickly got contacted by a helpful recruiter. Recruiter phone screen, then live coding exercise with an engineer, then an on-site. Onsite consisted of 5 interviews with various people (VP, Dir engineering, other engineers, product managers). Mixture of coding, system design and regular resume/experience questions.

Very easy to deal with, helpful recruiter and enjoyable onsite. Questions were harder than some companies, but the interviewers were collaborative and helpful.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very well organized interview process. The recruiter, from the beginning, organized all the rounds neatly with enough information on the schedule. Responses to in-between questions were quick.
    I was supposed to have two preliminary phone screening, but based on my first interview, they waived off the second round and asked me to come onsite directly. Onsite interviews very well organized - 4 rounds with each round focusing on a specific aspect of engineering - problem solving and algo; experience, projects, accomplishments and their application to the current job, system design, and additional problem solving with behavioral interview. VP personally met to discuss about what they are looking for in a candidate and what their long term goals are. CTO of the company sent a kind welcome email.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Director of Engineer as many people here have mentioned. Theory based questions about Java Inheritance, Composition, Some spring questions, HashTable collisions etc. The interviewer was a decent person but asking a senior person these kinda questions just tells us about how bad your interview process is and why your interview rating is so low. She got hung on some part of spring composition and I didnt understand that but kept asking about it. Then began the madness of a technical screening without actually having a shared editor. It makes no sense describing code over the phone. Are they that stupid?
    Also the technical questions were too simple and I am not sure what they are trying to gauge here.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you find all the words from list of words for a given single character. You can preprocess the strings and memory is not an issue.
      A: I immediately started thinking of tries but since this was a character it couldnt work. The interviewer wasnt working with me. She asked to get a brute force first. I was like okay and gave here the brute force. Then I asked her if the strings were ascii. SHe said sure. So I just used a hashmap of all 26 characters with each key having all the words associated with it. I said this is O(n) to process but later retrievals will be 0(1) since memory wasnt a issue. She said ya this is the best one can do.

Q: String to int (Really??)
      A: Typical conversion using char - '0' and then using a multiplier while iterating. This was so hard to explain given I was trying to repeat the code I had written. It was so stupid I couldnt believe what I was doing. She was silent and then said how would you test it. I gave her all the test scenarios I could think of. Again silence.

Finally we finished early and she was like do you have any questions. I asked a bunch but she wasnt in the mood to answer so I was like okay thanks for your time. Two later typical email "Impressed with your background..blah blah" reject. This was my first interview as a practice for other bigger companies so I am not complaining and would have never moved forward but this was pretty laughable. The interview process does smell of a low funded startup who have no clue what they are doing especially based on the questions I asked and the replies I got. No answer to what future products might look like. No answer to why not move from spring to something else. No answer to how do you monetize your users. Really disappointed by the company and dont see how long can they stay this way. There is a reason no one is excited about glassdoor and their rating justifies it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

HR called quickly for a Phone Screen, which was straight forward and went well.
    The Technical Interview consisted of a couple of unconventional questions that were not typical questions one would expect for the specific position applied for.
    Although all questions were answered correctly, there was no follow-up email from the company (i.e.
    no email telling me why I was not selected).

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the scroll speed on a ListView?   1 Answer