Glassdoor Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had 1 phone screen and 2 technical interviews. Everything was pretty standard and the people were very easy to talk to & polite. Technical interviewers were great about clarifications and providing hints.

Senior Software Development Engineer TEST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Introduction call with in house recruiter. Decent conversation, but it was mandatory relocation to SF. (I'm in Seattle). Out of curiosity I asked about the comp package and it was about 10% less than my current salary.

I figure they must be exclusively seeking single people who are desperate. I can't imagine existing in downtown SF on such a low ball salary. We politely parted ways.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to relocate to SF and give up 10% of my current pay.   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter gets in touch and sets up a written test followed by a phone interview and then on-site.
    On-site was pretty straight forward and a waste of time. Sounds like a dated tech stack. Who the hell uses struts anymore. Irony that a website that boasts about finding the right job as such an average interview process. The recruiter was highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Merge intervals leetcode.
      Find first odd repeated character.
      Data model a product order   Answer Question
    • Leetcode medium questions.   Answer Question

Glassdoor Response

Mar 5, 2018 – HR Team

Your feedback of your interview experience is very much appreciated. I am personally very sorry to read that your experience was not positive. Our HR Team and Recruitment is continually focused on... More

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter. She started off with, "so tell me about yourself, are you working right now?" I was shocked. I knew it would be a bad interview. She had no clue about my past, not even a brief skim of my resume. She asked me one question, then spent the rest of the time asking me about my work authorization in the U.S and how I found the job posting. Terrible. She was unprepared and standoffish. She was honest and said they're looking for someone with specific experience. If she even LOOKED at my resume before scheduling a phone call, she would have known off the bat not to call me. Instead, she came to a phone screening unprepared and wasted my time.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The questions were typical interview questions. About my motivation, my greatest achievements in the past, etc.
    The interviewer was engaging and really paid attention through active listening.
    Finally I was not hired, since I was considered to be overqualified.

Interview Questions

• What is the achievement you are most proud of where teamwork was important?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor. Quickly got contacted by a helpful recruiter. Recruiter phone screen, then live coding exercise with an engineer, then an on-site. Onsite consisted of 5 interviews with various people (VP, Dir engineering, other engineers, product managers). Mixture of coding, system design and regular resume/experience questions.

Very easy to deal with, helpful recruiter and enjoyable onsite. Questions were harder than some companies, but the interviewers were collaborative and helpful.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for Glassdoor and the entire process moved very quickly and I felt like I had a transparent candidate experience. I met on site with the team and after my interview they gave me a tour of the company which really sold me on working there.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous manager describe you?   1 Answer

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process went extremely well. From the communication with the recruiter to my interactions with each person I interviewed with, I was impressed with the level of professionalism and how kind everyone was.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle changing a process for a large group of people?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor's Website and got an email from a Recruiter in HR about three weeks after I applied to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen happened on a Wednesday afternoon and was timely and as expected. It was a nice conversation and went really well. I felt it was a good mix of business and getting to know my background and also seeing it it was a culture fit. I got offered a second phone interview with the hiring manager right away and the Recruiter set it up for the following week Tuesday. This one was a little bit more formal and by Thursday I had found out that I was no longer in consideration but recieved a nice note from the recruiter. I didn't hear back from the hiring manager though I had mixed feelings about how that call went. It was not bad by any means and very professional but it wasn't clicking like the first one did. They were probably looking for something else though I thought it was a good fit. They invited me to re-apply for future positions and the recruiter invited me to connect with her as well which I thought was a kind gesture. . I appreciated the recruiter keeping in touch throughout the process as well though I wish I had gone to the next level! I think the next level is an in person interview and/or presentation and hiring is likely to follow if all goes well. I still feel ok about how far I got in the process and on to the next though I think Glassdoor would be great to work for! Oh well, not meant to be.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for an initial phone screen a few weeks after I applied online. After that call, I was set up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. For the third and final step I received a phone call from the initial recruiter letting me know they would like to bring me on site. During the on-site I met with 5 different people on the team, from peer-level to VP-level. The team was great: smart, energetic, and authentic.

The negative: After the interview I emailed the recruiter to touch base and pass on my thanks to her and the team, saying I was excited to hear back. She responded saying she would be back with an update as soon as the team had made a decision. I never heard back and checked in once a week for 3 weeks -- nothing. This was very disappointing; I was very excited about the opportunity and took time out of my schedule (I work in investment banking) to work be prepared and illustrate my excitement and skill-set. To be left hanging was annoying at best and stressful at worst. It's not hard to send a notice to a candidate, even if it's generic.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Candidate experience is very important to us here, and I’m sorry to read that you had a frustrating one. This feedback is helpful as we... More