Glassdoor Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

216 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview 1: Recruiter on the phone. Standard interview about plans, why Glassdoor, etc. I did appreciate that compensation was discussed at this interview and the numbers I was given day 1 were the same when I got the offer.

Interview 2: Sales Manager. Also very standard. Asked a lot more about my sales background, experience, technique, etc. Seemed very excited about Glassdoor and the future of the company.

Interview 3: Sales Manager. Asked much more in depth questions about background, why I was leaving where I was, sales deal size, how I fit into culture, what my goals are, etc. Excited about managing a team with good culture.

Interview 4: Sales presentation. Recruiter gave me sales slide deck and I had to go through the presentation to two sales managers who pretended to be head of HR and his subordinate. I led the meeting. They very much went with the flow of my presentation. Asked a few "curveball" questions but if you've been in sales and have half a brain they aren't difficult.

Interview 5: Director of Sales. Very casual and easy. Took into account all previous feedback from presentation and managers. I imagine this is for if there are red flags, she can address them. Gives stamp of approval.

*By request, I was also allowed to chat with a current Account Executive about the role and talk with another hiring manager about compensation.

Interview Questions

• Why Glassdoor?   1 Answer
    • What type of sales methodologies do you follow?   1 Answer
    • How long are your sales cycles?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable relocating without relocation bonus?   1 Answer
    • How much do you expect to make?   1 Answer
    • How many calls do you make in a given day? Are you comfortable making cold calls?   1 Answer
    • Where are you planning on living up here?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process started out moving rapidly, but I was disappointed that they dropped the ball at the end.

I applied online and got a Glassdoor recruiter email a few days later. Phone call with the recruiter was not really technical other than asking my basic background, areas of interest, self-rating of skills on a 1-10 scale, ie Java, SQL. Lasted only about 20 minutes. Later that day he followed up with an email scheduling a phone interview with a Senior Director of Engineering for the next day.

The Sr. Dir. of Engineering interview was pleasant - explained the org, asked about my recent work (not a "deep dive"), and posed a tech problem over a shared editor (For a system given a large array of words ahead of time, write a function that takes a two character set and returns the set of words that contain both characters). Within a day I received email to schedule the onsite interview, which happened about a week later.

The onsite was with... a Director of Product Management, a Director of Software Engineering, an Engineering Manager, and two Senior Software Engineers. The PM explained the engineering organization, and the functions of the two different team positions under consideration (the other interviewers were split between the two teams - manager and engineer from each).

I enjoyed these interviews more than I thought. Though they all involved whiteboarding problems, the folks were smart and engaging, and I was less stressed than I thought I'd be.

However, after I gave Glassdoor about 6 hours of my time, plus prep, I received no response after the onsite, until nearly a week later after I sent two emails to the recruiter about status. I've been on the hiring side before and that's unacceptable to me, especially for a company like Glassdoor that touts transparency in hiring. Although I wasn't offered the job, I'd expect that the team got together to debrief on the interview within a day of me being there, and should have told the recruiter the result, and the recruiter should have notified me. If they weren't making an offer, I should have been notified immediately. If they still had other folks in the interview pipeline and weren't ready to make a decision, a simple email to that effect, and that they'd make a decision in X days/weeks would have been OK too.

In summary, the actual applying & interviewing process was great, but I rate the overall experience negative because that was my feeling at the end waiting for any notice of status/decision.

Interview Questions

• For a system given a large array of words ahead of time, write a function that takes a two character set and returns the set of words that contain both characters.   Answer Question
    • Given two arrays, return the elements in one array that aren't in the other.   Answer Question
    • Write functions for a system to receive a stream of numbers, and have functions that can quickly give the sum, average and median of the stream at that point in time. The tricky part of this was the median.   Answer Question
    • Various SQL questions, given a simple schema, write queries for questions that needed joins, outer joins, grouping, having, correlated subquery.   Answer Question
    • A couple of questions involving implementing caching in a service for recently/frequently requested data.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. I initially interviewed with the recruiter. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager and a take home challenge for 2 days. After 2 weeks, I was invited for an in-person interview and met with the whole team.

Everybody is smart, calm, honest, and intelligent. The place is by the water so fresh air is always flowing, which is a plus!

Interview Questions

• Given a product, which KPIs would I present to an investor.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really organized and a little different than other companies I interviewed at. The main difference was the presentation after the phone screen and the meet and greet. My sales recruiter, Nick Benza, was very professional and helpful and I would I have recieved the offer without him. Overall the people that interviewed me were very welcoming and didn't seem standoffish at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if someone was being very difficult from the beggining during a sales call?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. It would've been sooner if it weren't for some scheduling conflicts with some managers going on vacation plus the July 4th holiday weekend. I love the Glassdoor recruiters because I felt like I could rely on them throughout the entire process, my recruiter would check up on me after every round and was readily available to chat whenever I had any questions. First round was with the recruiter, basic background information to see if I was a good fit. The recruiter sent me a personality quiz to follow up after chatting. Second round was with the AAM hiring manager, went in depth about my experiences and more situational questions. Third round is the hardest, the mock sales pitch. They made the instructions very transparent, you have to come up with a pitch with the deck of slides given to you. Use your time wisely and do research! Only 1 in 8 people move on from the sales pitch to the final round. During the final in person interview, I interviewed with 4 people, 30 minutes with each person. Like most people said on here, I thoroughly enjoyed talking with every single person in the company. I got an offer the same day of the in person interview (:

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Sales Operations Systems Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out immediately regarding a different position. After agreeing it may not be the best fit, she called me a few weeks later when the best fit opened up. Quick phone screening and was set up with the hiring manager the very next day.

Hiring manager interview: great interview, was more about sharing the problems their facing and how my experience ties into helping them solve those problems.

Rotating 1:1 interview panel set up for the following week. Great in person rotation, got a good feel for some of the leaders I'll be working with cross functionally.

Verbal offer immediately following the other candidate interviews, written offer the next day.

These guys know how to secure the candidates they want. Fast process, no hoops, just transparency.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an enhancement request and the cycles you have used to execute in the past.   Answer Question

Unified Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

a couple of sessions - each session approx 1.5- 2 hrs in length - met with 3 people in each session - role and responsibilities unsure with group - very start up in nature

Interview Questions

• various skill related questions   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor's Website and got an email from a Recruiter in HR about three weeks after I applied to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen happened on a Wednesday afternoon and was timely and as expected. It was a nice conversation and went really well. I felt it was a good mix of business and getting to know my background and also seeing it it was a culture fit. I got offered a second phone interview with the hiring manager right away and the Recruiter set it up for the following week Tuesday. This one was a little bit more formal and by Thursday I had found out that I was no longer in consideration but recieved a nice note from the recruiter. I didn't hear back from the hiring manager though I had mixed feelings about how that call went. It was not bad by any means and very professional but it wasn't clicking like the first one did. They were probably looking for something else though I thought it was a good fit. They invited me to re-apply for future positions and the recruiter invited me to connect with her as well which I thought was a kind gesture. . I appreciated the recruiter keeping in touch throughout the process as well though I wish I had gone to the next level! I think the next level is an in person interview and/or presentation and hiring is likely to follow if all goes well. I still feel ok about how far I got in the process and on to the next though I think Glassdoor would be great to work for! Oh well, not meant to be.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn jobs, I got a response from Glassdoor within a couple days. I had an initial phone screen with hiring manager, then onsite interview with 7 people roughly 45min each. Very little interaction with the recruiting team except for comp negotiation and scheduling.

Interview Questions

• Half of the interviewers asked me the same questions, some interviewers seemed unprepared.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me for an initial phone screen a few weeks after I applied online. After that call, I was set up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. For the third and final step I received a phone call from the initial recruiter letting me know they would like to bring me on site. During the on-site I met with 5 different people on the team, from peer-level to VP-level. The team was great: smart, energetic, and authentic.

The negative: After the interview I emailed the recruiter to touch base and pass on my thanks to her and the team, saying I was excited to hear back. She responded saying she would be back with an update as soon as the team had made a decision. I never heard back and checked in once a week for 3 weeks -- nothing. This was very disappointing; I was very excited about the opportunity and took time out of my schedule (I work in investment banking) to work be prepared and illustrate my excitement and skill-set. To be left hanging was annoying at best and stressful at worst. It's not hard to send a notice to a candidate, even if it's generic.

Interview Questions

Glassdoor Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Candidate experience is very important to us here, and I’m sorry to read that you had a frustrating one. This feedback is helpful as we... More