Glassdoor Interview Questions in Sausalito, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, then hiring manager. Manager sent a "homework" case study for analysis, and a couple of phone interviews with the data science team. I was flown in for a final interview, consisting of five hour-long sessions with the data science team and individuals who would work closely with the role.

The entire process lasts around two or three weeks. Glassdoor communicates well throughout the process, but in my experience, you don't get any feedback on why you were not selected. I felt I had a great interview process, received good marks on the case study, and quickly grasped the domain knowledge (which I didn't have a previous background in). However, I didn't get an offer or feedback on why I wasn't selected.

Companies aren't required to do so, but my interviewing experience has been that valuable feedback is generally given, and allows a candidate to focus on specific areas if they want to interview down the road or enter the market. The employees are very friendly, and it was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you test if survey responses were filled at random by certain individuals, as opposed to truthful selections?   2 Answers

Director, Customer Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

First interview was with HR. This was a screener to make sure I had all the skill necessary for the role. This interview lasted about an hour and went well. A day later I was informed that I was moving to a phone interview with the hiring manager. I have been working in customer experience for three years prior to working in Social engagement for the last 5 years. I have been doing GTM and CLP strategies for over 10 years and have extensive analytical, technical, and gamification experience. Basically, I had every skill they listed, including the roll-up your sleeves and get it done experience--at award winning level. I did all my pre-interview research.
    I knew I fit the culture…on multiple levels. I was ready for the interview. The interview with the hiring manager was scheduled for 30 minutes. He was a few minutes late. I thought--perhaps it will be a quick Q&A to determine who comes in for the face-to-face. To my surprise the hiring manager spoke the entire 28 minutes. I attempted to ask a question and was asked to hold off till later (which I did). He then asked me how I would gamily GD. I had a few questions I wanted to ask before answering that question. He then told me that he had a meeting at 11:00 so he had 1 minute to answer any questions. Did I have any? Yes. I explained that I had several. He said, he was speaking with HR later that week and would see about setting another 30 minutes for us to talk. I asked for his email--to send a thank you note etc. He gave that to me.
    I spent that evening designing a gamified mock up of how GD could engage with the entire customer lifecycle and did a visual mock up of one example. I also sent one jpeg of a --more virtual world mock up--just to show elaborate option. I also sent a supporting excel spreadsheet that outlined at a high-level at stab at customer roles and life stage goals and needs. (A staple for the CLP) The final piece I sent was a 30-6-90 of how I would propose ramping up --if hired in the role. To my dismay all I got from GD was a generic jobvite response that let me know they were moving forward with other candidates and thanks for applying.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from an engaging and informative HR representative, then proceeded to come into the Glassdoor headquarters to meet with two managers and another Account Executive in person. It ended with a 30 minute phone call with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• It was a discussion about the job and my background! Be able to connect with those you are speaking with... nothing too complicated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA).

Interview

The interview and hiring process was fairly lightweight, which I appreciate. I went through a phone screen with the hiring manager followed by in person interview with the hiring manager. I came in for a second round with a product manager and another designer. Getting a job while having a job and not tipping off your employer can be difficult. Glassdoor was flexible with time and interviews were the appropriate duration.

Negotiation

Again, it was lightweight and relatively short. They met my requests and that was it.

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter the next business day.
    I had a phone screener with the recruiter the next day and a phone interview with the hiring manager 2 days after that. Both phone interviews seemed aimed at just verifying the info in my resume and getting a feel for my personality - nothing too hard. They also spent a good amount of time telling me about the company and the position which I appreciated.
    The in person interview was scheduled for the following week - for 5 hours!! Seriously. 9am to 2pm on Wednesday - working that in to my schedule was the hardest part. The interview consistent of 5 one hour interviews with the team that would be working with the position, some UX, some business, some technical. Lots of questions about how I would work with the various roles, and what I expected to contribute.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple of harder questions about how I might design for a particular challenge they were currently facing, but those were hard only because at this point you have none of the data a UX professional would normally use to base decisions on at that point.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Maybe I should have?

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process couldn't have been better. I was reached out to by Glassdoor to briefly speak about the role and my background over the phone. After that conversation, I was asked to come onsite for four, half-hour interviews and a group presentation. My interviews were all very casual with questions mainly focused on my background and why I was interested in this opportunity. My presentation outlined my background and what I believed I could bring to the company. After my presentation, I was asked to step out of the room for about 20 minutes. The team met to discuss my presentation and my manager made me an offer onsite!

Interview Questions

• If a client tells you they don't see any value in paying for Glassdoor, what do you say?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal. The salary was lower then what I was making at the time. I asked to be matched, which they did and they even sweetened the deal by adding more stock options.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

From beginning to end, my interview experience at Glassdoor was exceptional. Everyone I met and spoke with was extremely friendly, helpful and informative. Glassdoor provided one of the most positive interview paths I've participated in.

First round: Phone interview with the sales manager. The conversation was fairly standard as I was asked simple questions about my current position, reasons why I was looking to leave, and my reasons for applying to Glassdoor. The conversation lasted about 30 minutes.

Second round: On-site interview at Glassdoor headquarters. I met individually with 2 sales managers and one sales team member. Again, fairly standard questions about my resume, my experience and my interest in Glassdoor. Each person I met with was very easy to talk to and everyone in the office seemed happy and energetic. I got a great vibe from the office environment and could definitely see myself working there.

Third round: GoToMeeting phone pitch interview. I was asked to put together a powerpoint presentation in which I would be "selling" Glassdoor. I presented to three sales managers who posed as business owners. This was the most difficult step in the interview process for me. I was given two days to prepare with little knowledge about their products and procedures. This step was more of a test of your personal sales style and ability to stay focused under pressure.

Final round: About a week after the phone pitch interview, I spoke with two more sales managers on the phone. They wanted to get a better sense of my personality and desire to work at Glassdoor. This final step was an opportunity for me to "sell" myself as a potential employee and express my feelings about why they should hire me. I was offered the position later that day.

The interview process at Glassdoor was very thorough and detailed which made it apparent that they care a great deal about who they hire. Part of the reason why they have such an amazing sales team is they are extremely particular throughout the interview process. I'm ecstatic to have been offered the position!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, the offer was exactly what I was hoping for!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

- The interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and an onsite which lasted 4-5hrs.

- The phone screens covered my background, career ambitions and potential fit. There were some company and role specific questions as well (e.g. why Glassdoor, how did you hear about the opportunity).

- The onsite was definitely more technical and assessed my critical thinking / analytical skills. I walked the interviewers through specific examples of problems I had solved in previous roles. That said, cultural fit was still a major theme throughout the discussions. Each interviewer made a genuine attempt to get to know me personally, which clearly showed that "People Matter." At the end, I was given an awesome tour of the office! The workspace has a highly collaborative feel with an emphasis on transparency (no surprise there).

- Overall, I was extremely pleased with how organized and helpful both HR & the hiring manager were throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Using specific examples, what are your thoughts on company valuations in both the private and public markets?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fair and competitive; a negotiation was not required.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process took about 4 weeks from initial conversation to hire. The hiring manager and recruiter were very transparent throughout the entire process which was very refreshing. I met with peers, hiring managers and directors throughout the process. A personality test was also required to see if I was a good cultural fit and how I stacked amongst my peers.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of the sales cycle to you? Qualification, Presentation, Negotiation or Close?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Company is transparent about what everyone makes.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA).

Interview

The initial connection was very fast. Within two days of sending in my resume, I received an email asking for a phone interview.

The phone interview was very comfortable and smooth. The interviewer asked simple questions that allowed you to elaborate on your previous work experience.

One of the best parts of the entire process was after they invited me to interview on-site, the interviewer gave me feedback on my phone interview. This gave me some idea on how to prepare for the on-site interview.

Glassdoor had just transitioned into a new office so I do not want to be a harsh critic, but they were a little unorganized. Prior to me coming in they sent me an email saying I would be interviewing with 4 different members of the Glassdoor team, which allows you to do some research on who you will be speaking with. However, after speaking to the first 3 interviewers I was left in a room for around 10 minutes while they "tracked down" the last interviewer, only to find that he was not available and would not be seeing me.

This was not too upsetting, just seemed a little disrespectful. That being said, the community at Glassdoor has some of the nicest and smartest individuals I have ever met. This made it very difficult to gauge the how the interview went. That is not a criticism, in fact they are one of the few companies that make the interview process comfortable and enjoyable. Even if you do not receive an offer, you will leave the building feeling good.

They said they would be in contact by email. After a week and a follow-up email they sent me an email saying they were going a different direction. Very forward and there was no reason why or why not. I even sent an email asking for feedback so I could improve on my interviewing skills and received no response.
    I found this to be a little disrespectful, but of course they are not required to do that.

Interview Questions

• It was an entry-level position, expect to elaborate on your past work experience and how it can translate into this position   Answer Question