Glassdoor Senior Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 1,034.0 interviews

Recruiter25%
Applied online25%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

What people are saying about Glassdoor

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in Sep 2019

Interview

Overall super organized and transparent. Everyone I met with was super friendly and the interview was challenging but had no "gotchas." I had to travel to MV for my final in person interviews and the logistics of travel were taken care of for me and very organized / easy to follow. The steps were: 1. HR/Recruiter phone call 2. Technical screen with live SQL coding 3. Technical exercise (data viz, modeling, making recommendations based off of your analysis) 4. In-person interview in Mill Valley ~ 6 hours, 5 different sessions, 1 remote call with the Chicago team They take their company culture very seriously and I got most of my questions about work/life balance and team culture answered without having to explicitly ask. They all radiated really positive energy without seeming fake. Most of the in-person interviews were technical case studies or talking through hypothetical business problems, which I knew to expect because they were very forward about the business-oriented nature of the role. Was mostly interviewed by men which is the only thing that worried me at all.

Interview Questions
  • Given this UX flow from lead to sign-up for a monthly subscription, how would you aid product managers in testing improvements to the flow to increase subscriptions?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in Dec 2018

Interview

I was contacted directly by the recruiter, followed by a screening, a technical phone interview, a take-home challenge to be returned in 48 hours, and an on-site with 4 rounds plus team lunch. The whole process moved super fast and took less than 1 month. I found the technical portions to be fairly straightforward and passed them without difficulty. But I have not worked at an internet company before so stumbled on the business & product analytics questions, which turned out to be what the on-site was mostly focused on. Overall, I'd say their interview process is one of the best I've seen. Everyone was courteous and encouraging and made the interviews feel more like conversations than tests. My rejection was relayed in a personal phone call from the recruiter, instead of an automated email that many other companies would send out.

Interview Questions
  • Basic probability & stats questions -- just go through the book Practical Statistics for Data Scientists & Brilliant.org and you'll be all set. But make sure to brush up on PM knowledge as well, since this seems to be what they're really looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in Aug 2018

Interview

Communication is perfect from Glassdoor recruiters. Interview format, process and response time is solid. It was pretty structured with a phone screen by a recruiter, then by hiring manager, and a take-home data challenge to solve. After clearing the data challenge, there were a series of on-site interviews in Mill Valley - with head of decision sciences, and primary stakeholders. Also, on-site interview involves a quick tour of Glassdoor office!

Interview Questions
  • Questions around - Product intuition, Basic stats and model evaluation metrics, Probability and puzzles
  • Resume and earlier projects' related questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in Oct 2014

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, then hiring manager. Manager sent a "homework" case study for analysis, and a couple of phone interviews with the data science team. I was flown in for a final interview, consisting of five hour-long sessions with the data science team and individuals who would work closely with the role. The entire process lasts around two or three weeks. Glassdoor communicates well throughout the process, but in my experience, you don't get any feedback on why you were not selected. I felt I had a great interview process, received good marks on the case study, and quickly grasped the domain knowledge (which I didn't have a previous background in). However, I didn't get an offer or feedback on why I wasn't selected. Companies aren't required to do so, but my interviewing experience has been that valuable feedback is generally given, and allows a candidate to focus on specific areas if they want to interview down the road or enter the market. The employees are very friendly, and it was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • How would you test if survey responses were filled at random by certain individuals, as opposed to truthful selections?
2 people found this interview helpful