Glassdoor Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

In summary, I found the interview process at Glassdoor to be thorough, transparent and well organized.

The process encompassed a number of video-based interviews done remotely, a series of face-to-face interviews at Glassdoor's offices and finally reference checks. The approach felt holsitic in that my interviewers included a number of prospective peers, individuals who would form part of my team and senior executives in the business.

The content of my interviews was varied and included behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time that...), problem solving questions (e.g. How would you approach...) and questions focused on culture fit. Most interviews lasted around 45-60 minutes. I was given lots of opportunity to ask my own questions and I found my interviewers to be really open in their responses (e.g. discussing both strengths and challenges for the company).

I found the recruiting team to be very proactive in keeping me updated. Throughout the process I felt well informed about my progress and the next steps - I never needed to send a follow-up email to request an update.

Interview Questions

• What's your approach to getting things done when you need help from others?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Glassdoor

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glassdoor (Sausalito, CA) in June 2007.

Interview

The interview process was pretty informal for me as I had worked with the CEO in the past. We had an initial phone call to discuss the opportunity. Then we met for a breakfast interview to learn more about the company and to assess the role and if I was the right person for the position.

Once the CEO decided I was the right person, I was introduced to his partner the Founder/VP Product and Marketing. We had a phone call to exchange ideas about the company, how to operate our teams, etc.

The company was only 2 people at the time so there wasn't anyone else to meet. So it was just a matter of getting a compensation package that we were both comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   37 Answers
    • Describe the development process you prefer, particularly for a startup company.   6 Answers

Negotiation

At a startup, be prepared to sacrifice on the salary in exchange for equity.