Glaus, Pyle, Schomer, Burns & De Haven Civil/Structural Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Glaus, Pyle, Schomer, Burns & De Haven

1 Interview Review

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Glaus, Pyle, Schomer, Burns & De Haven

Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Glaus, Pyle, Schomer, Burns & De Haven (Seattle, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

Overall, this seems like a good company that could be a great company with a little work.

First I was asked to set up a phone interview. After that, I was asked to fly in for a face-to-face, although not with anyone that was on the phone interview. They asked me one particular question in both interviews (below) which in the moment I took to mean the different interviewers didn't communicate, but in hindsight they may have been giving me a second chance to provide a better answer.

Pros: Loved the office atmosphere. Would've probably accepted a job offer on that alone. They described a training process which really appealed to me.

Cons: As of this writing I have received no feedback on why I wasn't offered the job. It's of course not required that they do, but I think it's what makes a company great rather than merely good. Also, they didn't offer to pay for my flight to interview in person. In talking to peers and family since, it seems pretty standard that the company would pay for a flight or be content with a phone interview. Rather minor but I did have to take off work so it would've been a nice gesture.

Interview Questions