GlaxoSmithKline Associate Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Associate Scientist Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of phone interviews within a few days and then was brought in for an in person interview a few weeks later. First phone interview was with the hiring manager and second was with one of the HM's co-workers. Both were around an hour long. In person interview met one on one with a number of people before doing a technical presentation for a group.
Presentation experience was horrible. It felt like a direct attack on certain points needlessly and had a really hard time connecting with the audience.
Had an HR interview and then lunch with a group and a summary talk afterwards before leaving. Never ended up hearing anything back one way or another.

Interview Questions

• How would you stimulate conversation between yourself and your manager without creating conflict?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time there was conflict between yourself and your boss in a previous position you held.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by 6 PhD's in a panel interview. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of mainly discussing my past research and the research that the PTS group was involved in. Only a few of the general interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when an experiment did not go as planned and how you fixed the problem.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview with 2 members of the research team (one manager, plus my would-be supervisor), which lasted approximately 45 minutes. Then a 30 minute interview with a member of HR. I had applied in person and had previously worked at GSK as a placement student, so one of my interviewers already knew about me. The interview was not too intimidating although I did get asked some quite specific scientific questions, to do with the laboratory work that I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Lab team asked me:
      What's the structure of a monoclonal antibody?
      And what is the variable part of the antibody and how does it act as a drug?
      Explain how HPLC works.
      Other fairly scientific questions.

HR asked me:
      What are your best and worst qualities?
      What had I done in my life that was entrepreneurial?
      Some questions about previous work experience.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Stevenage, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview went well, it wasn't too long and ended with a lab tour and meeting the other members of the team. It consisted of the manager of the team and a member who would be training the new employee, the room wasn't too big or intimidating and the questions were easy to answer. GSK were very fast with an offer and I received this either later on in the day or the very next day (I can't remember exactly).

Interview Questions

• The most recent research paper you read   1 Answer