GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.2

Finane Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied via recruiter. Met 2 Sr analyst for onsite for interview. Process was very simple and questions were general . Both interviewer were very friendly . Heard back next day about my job.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. It started with the initial phone interview with HR followed by panel style interview with the hiring Director and their peers. It was a good conversational interview with many of the questions coming from scripted HR type documents, aside from those it was really just understanding my past work experience and my understanding of the requirements of the role.

Interview Questions

• STAR format questions, "Tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

Product Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Warren, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took about 3 week for the first HR phone interview and another 3 weeks for an onsite interview. I was interviewed with the HM, a senior scientist and a senior quality member. No hard questions, all basic questions and how my background fits the position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

There was no response to my resume via the website. Only when I sent in my resume via an employee referral a recruiter called me and did a short telephonic interview. I never heard back from them again? It would be good for them to have a feedback mechanism in place to present a more professional image for the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Briefly walk me through your profile.
      2. Why are you interested to apply for this role and what is attractive about GSK?
      3. What are your career aspirations?
      4. Briefly describe a situation where you had to work across boundaries and explain what you did.
      5. What are your salary expectations?
      Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The process took a long time, about 4 months total. HR called me to assess my candidacy late July. He really just wanted to hear about my background and why I thought I'd be a good fit. He was happy with what I shared and decided to pass my profile to the hiring team. It took about 6 weeks before I heard back. He said I could expect an email with an interview invite, which came a week later. I was scheduled for 3 45-minute back-to-back interviews with 3 Brand Managers. Following my last interview, I met an ABM who asked me if I had any questions about what I'd be doing daily. The guy was really nice and shared his experience with me. At the end, he said "If you get the offer, you really should consider taking it. This is a great company." He was very genuine and helped me end the day on a very positive note. Overall, my interviews were case base and behavioral. While it felt a bit difficult, the interviewers' great personalities helped balance things out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a good brand (Hint: use a CPG brand)
      Tell me of a brand with a good digital strategy
      Tell me of a time when you had to leverage data to support a recommendation
      Tell me of a time when you presented data to senior leadership
      Tell me of a time when you faced conflict in a team. How did you resolve it?
      What's your brand?
      Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Hill, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Oak Hill, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview,
    QC manager 1 on 1. Easy took about an hour. No HR interview. Personality questions. experience shown the lab. Well equipped, clean. GMP questions GSK values.

Interview Questions

• Personality questions,
      want to know if your a good fit. Background questions previous experience.
      No too many questions. shown the laboratory. Instrumentation use. Situation questions. How would you handle ...
      1 Answer

Negotiation

no Negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare.

Interview

My plant was closing down for the last four years they only hired temps

Interview Questions

• I never was ask any thing that was out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    • Most companies are looking to integrate electro with mechanical, the problem is most tech only had to do one   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

It takes two weeks with one round phone interview and an on site interview. Most questions are behavioral questions, such as your strengths and weaknesses, your problem solving skills and your contribution to improve a process. Interviewers are very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a confrontation you meet during team work experience   Answer Question

Bench Scientist Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I was called in for a face to face interview and offered the position a week later. Questions were fairly basic science in the area where they are researching in. Its an entry level scientist position so not any technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary. The pay was already agreed upon by the temp agency. I was notified by my temp agency what the hourly salary rate was.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (Akron, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview on January 24, 2014. Phone interview went well. As of February 7, 2014 still no response, my account still says considering. I spoke with the manager I had phone interview with and he assured he would be calling, had a little down time between hiring. How long can this take?