GlaxoSmithKline Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Durham, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied to literally every summer internship on GSK's website with the word "chemistry" in the title (not the best idea in retrospect). Was contacted by an employee who worked in med chem (not my area of expertise). We scheduled a phone interview. Unsurprisingly, I did not make it past the initial screen.

Interview Questions

• They gave me the name of a compound and asked me to draw/describe its structure, predict its NMR peaks, and predict its reactivity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview experience was good. GSK follows STAR model where you are asked to give examples of a situation. The manager was very patient throughout the interview and gave the opportunity to express myself.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2016.

Interview

First interviewed on the phone with senior management. Interviewer was friendly, asked about my experience, but focused on my ability to work in a team. Was professional and courteous but didn't hold back on being more social

Interview Questions

• Asked about cross functional experience and organizational skills related to project management   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They brought me in for about or so and asked me some questions which I answered. They then waited for about a week or so then called me and asked me to come in and they gave me the internship

Intern Interview

Interview

It was very structured. Everything had to be answered in a STAR format. The interviewer had a list of questions that you had to answer. But overall it was a friendly interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was a multi-one interview. Firstly, they ask me some questions about myself. Then, they asked some quesitons about my skills set such Excel functions.
    After, they asked some quesitons about my characteristics and my motivation.

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (India, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

They had a written logical round followed by interviews where they asked mostly sql ..easy process ..the interviewers help you a lot and keep discussing your thoughts with them if stuck in a problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

An online video chat for about and hour. He asked about my background and my research work. He also asked about the detail about several courses I have taken before. He also mentioned the current work and the expectation for the intern. And finally let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was covered in your algorithm course?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2008.

Interview

It was all pretty easy. They called me up and asked me to pretty much sell myself. I 'm pretty good at doing that so it went well. Some of the questions they asked me were pretty random like "If you could be any brand of cereal, which brand would you be?" I thought it was a joke, so I treated it like a joke. Something must have went right because I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• "If you could be any brand of cereal, currently on the market, which brand would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Interns are not allowed to negotiate- you take what they offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite, the interview was mostly behavioral, things like how did you handle such and such situation in your previous projects etc.