GlaxoSmithKline Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Applied online through the GSK site, received an e-mail several weeks later from a research scientist interested in working with me. Set-up a phone interview with said researcher in which we discussed my previous experience, career goals, and and how those skills might be useful for projects they were working on. Received an offer via phone call from an HR person 2 to 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous research experience in _____ help you better undertake this project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

An online video chat for about and hour. He asked about my background and my research work. He also asked about the detail about several courses I have taken before. He also mentioned the current work and the expectation for the intern. And finally let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was covered in your algorithm course?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Durham, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied to literally every summer internship on GSK's website with the word "chemistry" in the title (not the best idea in retrospect). Was contacted by an employee who worked in med chem (not my area of expertise). We scheduled a phone interview. Unsurprisingly, I did not make it past the initial screen.

Interview Questions

• They gave me the name of a compound and asked me to draw/describe its structure, predict its NMR peaks, and predict its reactivity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in December 2009.

Interview

I got a phone call from the manager to schedule an onsite interview. Onsite, the interview was mostly behavioral, things like how did you handle such and such situation in your previous projects etc.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2008.

Interview

It was all pretty easy. They called me up and asked me to pretty much sell myself. I 'm pretty good at doing that so it went well. Some of the questions they asked me were pretty random like "If you could be any brand of cereal, which brand would you be?" I thought it was a joke, so I treated it like a joke. Something must have went right because I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• "If you could be any brand of cereal, currently on the market, which brand would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Interns are not allowed to negotiate- you take what they offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I did three online tests and was sent a link to complete a video interview within 3 days. There was a group exercise, technical and competency based interview and a presentation. They gave around a week beforehand to prepare for the presentation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I've applied via career site from GSK and receive invitation to phone interview after two weeks. The interview was relatively quick, about 15 min. I was asked about my previous experience and basic questions through my CV. It was the second round interview - face to face in Munich, but unfortunately didn't get an offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Interviews are completed by the inter man based on what the interviewee says to be conformed and done.
    Interviews are a far more personal form of research than questionnaires.
    In the personal interview, the interviewer works directly with the interviewee.
    Unlike with mail surveys, the interviewer has the opportunity to probe or ask follow up questions.
    Interviews are generally easier for the interviewee, especially if what is sought are opinions and/or impressions.
    Interviews are time consuming and resource intensive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted an eligibility form, then took three online tests, then had application reviewed and was invited to interview. The day consisted of 3 x 25 minute interviews, coffee with current interns and a tour of the labs. The interviews were mainly technical and biochemistry-based in nature. I do not advising spending much time preparing information on GSK as a company, but instead brush up on fundamental biochemistry knowledge. There were one or two STAR-based questions but nearly all questions were technical.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Applied via school/university portal.
    Sent CV for screening.
    Single-round interview with the line manager, around 30mins.
    Basic competency and behavioural questions asked.
    Friendly and causal conversation, during which I enjoyed the interactions a lot.
    Results known after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Where are you interested in this particular position and what do you know about supply chain?   Answer Question