GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Phone screen by team member (not HR) followed by virtual interview with director and team managers including a 15 minute presentation. In-house interview was almost a full day of one-on-ones with team members and directors. Post-interview status has been difficult with no official outcome after six weeks.

Interview Questions

• All the STAR format questions you could possibly think of.   Answer Question

Territory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

phone interview first round screening with hiring manager
    skype interview with multiple managers
    in-person interview with panel managers

all interviews were behavioral based
    the interviewers really want you to connect your past experience with the job responsibilities

Expert Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Rockville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for a scientist position in Vaccines 1 hour phone interview with HR, 1 hr phone interview with hiring manager. Brought in for a full day interview where I spoke with various lab head and 'function heads' 1:1 in 30 minute sessions. Lunch with junior level scientists. Finished the day with a 1 hour seminar. Took two weeks to make a decision.

Some HR-style questions, but most questions in personal meetings were about my experience and expertise. Questions during seminar where on topics I presented.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in X technique?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 2 months to hear back about a phone interview. Once I passed the phone interview I was invited to the onsite Assessment Center for further activities and exercises to test my suitability for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this company/program?   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Phone call then interview,interview,second interview with good copy bad cop set up. The first interview was pleasant but the second was with two interviewers and the dynamics were completely different. It was my first interview in years so it was unfamiliar.

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

GSK Recruiter called 1 day after application submission. Had a positive conversation followed by a few questions. Recruiter stated he wanted me to skype interview with the hiring manager and would get back to me on date & time. He followed up with 1 option for a Skype interview which unfortunately conflicted with my current work schedule. I asked if any other dates would be available and never heard back. I sent a follow-up email and again never received a response. I find it very unprofessional when Recruiters do not close the loop.

Consumer Healthcare Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. The interview took about 25 minutes, and was very laid back. Most of the questions were about my pharmaceutical background, what I knew about the industry, etc. They didn't ask about prior experience, and emphasized that it was an entry level position. It seemed as though they wanted to know more about what kind of position I want currently, and where I would like to end up.

Interview Questions

• What problems do you see arising in this industry within the next ten years?   Answer Question

Utilities Tech Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Was interviewed through a hiring company. I ritual interview had some technical questions nothing over the top. Had a few behavioral questions. Mostly a short interview. Was asked to come out for a site visit where we did a small panel interview with the maintenance manager two subject matter experts and a HR person. Some more technical questions identify this valve or electrical thing, the usual stuff. A lot of situational behavioral stuff. All based off a paper they have so it's pretty standard. After interview we did a walk around. Beautiful facility and probably the cleanest facility I have seen in a long time.

Interview Questions

• identify (insert mechanical/electrical) component on this schematic or drawing.   Answer Question
    • If this component broke and you don't know how to fix it what would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

It was a 30-40 min interview through Skype. The recruiter was extremely nice!

The questions were:
    - Do you have any question about the programme?
    - If the person is hired by GSK at the end of the Programme, she/he has to stay in Belgium for at least two more years before being relocated. Would it be OK with you?
    - What are you most proud of in your life?
    - What was the biggest challenge of your life?
    - How did you ensure that the work environment of your current/previous job was the right one?
    - Describe yourself in 1 minute and tell me why GSK should hire you?

The next step will be an in-person interview in Belgium.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (York, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

\Very Professional. Relaxing environment,You are in and out , watched a couple videos and it was time for a tour.the tour was brief and to the point. I was working the next day. LOved my brief time there.