GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

3.1

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone.
     Most of the questions asked were typical behavioral questions that were easily answerable using the STAR method.
    However, I was asked a few direct research questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online first - they had some Future Leaders specific questions in addition to requiring your CV/Resume and Cover Letter. Afterwards, I got an email to complete an aptitude test which they said would take about an hour but ended up being like 2-2.5 hours. I got phone screened a month later, and invited to the assessment center, which was a great experience but very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to motivate others to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Recruiter Calls & Sets up a Phone Screen.
    Weeks later, answer questions on Phone Screen (Why I want job? Salary? Etc)

Weeks later call to set up IV.
    Go to GSK for Interview.
    Security search. Wait in tiny lobby.

Interview with a 5 People Panel (mixed hierarchy)
    Interview Questions:
    Tell me your work history.
    Questions to see if you qualify.
    Do you have GMP experience?
    STAR based situational questions.
    1. Situation or Target.
    2. Action I did.
    3. Results from my action
    Wait for over a month for response.
    Hiring process also takes time.
    SLOW!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you saw someone breaking the rules at your last job. What did you do?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Interviews were performed with various levels within the function and interviewers from other functional areas. Skills testing on Excel using a case study. Technical and situational questions used in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Excel skills test; case study   1 Answer

Process Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the process engineer that I would be working with. It was mainly CASE questions and then just personal questions that were more casually based. The interviewer seemed nice and was very candid about the process.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Phone interview was used as a screening process then onsite interview was panel of people from different departments who I would end up working with. Some of them were managers

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had a problem how you had to work with other department and how you did so.   Answer Question

Future Leaders (Sales Pharmacy) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

First there is an over the phone behavioral based interview. This interview will take about an hour. Once that interview is complete, you move on to the assessment center. The assessment center consist of different activities and another behavioral based interview session. The Assessment Center is from 8 am - 4:30 pm. Many of the activities causes you to think thoroughly and work within groups

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where there was a gap in your development and how did you adjust to making those changes?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

The orgranization contacted me for an interview with a 2-day notice. Within 24 hours of the interview, the coordinator sent me a 2-page summary of what to prepare for for this interview. I requested a specific map of the campus, but was not provided with one, leading me to drive from building to building to figure out where the meeting was held. The interview lasted a little more than an hour with 4 individuals. One of these individuals made it clear "obviously" was the exact wording, there were other candidates they were considering, with the emphasis on obviously. I followed up with an email post-interview and then attempted to log back into the company website for updates to the position, but that didn't work. So I followed up via email with my only contact, but she kept referring me to others who never responded, even after several attempts. Not impressed - an organization this size should at the very least give you an opportunity to know what happened, especially if a candidate takes the time to participate in an in-person interview. There are some loose ends within the human resources end of the business here.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a challenge and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

EHS Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Augusta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

They sent me a very detailed interview guidance document highlighting their core expectations. Questions were asked to demonstrate these expections and I had to respond using the STAR approach. Applied online, a phone screen request was received 2 weeks later. An interview request was sent 1 month after phone screen with HR. The interview date was 2 weeks away. Received offer about 1 week after interview. There were some transitions happening and that may have extended the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to build trust working across boundaries.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to develop your skills to better handle a challenge.   Answer Question

Esprit Finance Program - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview - Normal "walk me through your resume"
    Final round phone interview - The interviewer called and without much talk went straight into interview questions. All behavioral questions. It would be wise to prepare multiple star stories for the interview as I needed more than a few examples for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge working in a group environment and how you overcame it?   Answer Question