GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

3.2

299 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Phone screen by team member (not HR) followed by virtual interview with director and team managers including a 15 minute presentation. In-house interview was almost a full day of one-on-ones with team members and directors. Post-interview status has been difficult with no official outcome after six weeks.

Interview Questions

• All the STAR format questions you could possibly think of.   Answer Question

Territory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

phone interview first round screening with hiring manager
    skype interview with multiple managers
    in-person interview with panel managers

all interviews were behavioral based
    the interviewers really want you to connect your past experience with the job responsibilities

Expert Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Rockville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for a scientist position in Vaccines 1 hour phone interview with HR, 1 hr phone interview with hiring manager. Brought in for a full day interview where I spoke with various lab head and 'function heads' 1:1 in 30 minute sessions. Lunch with junior level scientists. Finished the day with a 1 hour seminar. Took two weeks to make a decision.

Some HR-style questions, but most questions in personal meetings were about my experience and expertise. Questions during seminar where on topics I presented.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in X technique?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Phone call then interview,interview,second interview with good copy bad cop set up. The first interview was pleasant but the second was with two interviewers and the dynamics were completely different. It was my first interview in years so it was unfamiliar.

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

GSK Recruiter called 1 day after application submission. Had a positive conversation followed by a few questions. Recruiter stated he wanted me to skype interview with the hiring manager and would get back to me on date & time. He followed up with 1 option for a Skype interview which unfortunately conflicted with my current work schedule. I asked if any other dates would be available and never heard back. I sent a follow-up email and again never received a response. I find it very unprofessional when Recruiters do not close the loop.

Utilities Tech Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Was interviewed through a hiring company. I ritual interview had some technical questions nothing over the top. Had a few behavioral questions. Mostly a short interview. Was asked to come out for a site visit where we did a small panel interview with the maintenance manager two subject matter experts and a HR person. Some more technical questions identify this valve or electrical thing, the usual stuff. A lot of situational behavioral stuff. All based off a paper they have so it's pretty standard. After interview we did a walk around. Beautiful facility and probably the cleanest facility I have seen in a long time.

Interview Questions

• identify (insert mechanical/electrical) component on this schematic or drawing.   Answer Question
    • If this component broke and you don't know how to fix it what would you do?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was slow. I applied in October and had a first round phone interview in February. Second round phone interview 2 weeks later. Then onsite group interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question

R&D Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, both with recruiters. First phone interview was a basic screening. Following this, I was asked to complete a writing test consisting of the following:
    - draft an internal communication announcing the hiring of a senior leader
    - provide a plan for communicating this new hire internally/externally

I was also asked to provide additional relevant writing samples. These materials were due prior to my second phone interview, with another member of their recruitment team.

This second phone interview consisted of behavioral interview questions, along with general questions on my background. Two things to note with this interview - the recruiter was 45 minutes late in calling me, and the recruiter had a difficult time understanding English (I believe she was from South America). The former was frustrating and the latter was extremely challenging, as I had to repeat several of my detailed responses.

One month later I received a form email letting me know they were moving on with other candidates - not a surprise given that last phone interview. The writing test seemed like a waste of time given that I never even spoke with someone from the communications team. Who knows if they ever even saw my work? Perhaps this should be required later in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral interview questions - the recruiter did not seem to have a grasp of the role and was following a script.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume online, about 2 weeks later received an email about setting up a phone interview. 3 days later received an email to schedule in person at the Navy Yard. Did interview with hiring manager face to face and another person over speakerphone. 3 days after that got an email that they found a candidate with the skills they were looking for.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me requesting days/times for my availability for a telephone interview. The interview in my opinion went well. I was told they were looking to fill the position quickly and I wold hear something soon about next steps. Well, that was 6 weeks ago. It is in bad taste to not close the loop. At least let applicants know that they are no longer being considered. Hindsight is that may be a red flag as to what type of manager I would have been working for had i got the job so I should consider myself lucky.