GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

3.2

PAYROLL Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview, was directly asked of what type of accounts I have handled, the total number of headcount processed and delivered.
    Also about the tool knowledge and if I can train the other employees for the same process.

Interview Questions

• Which company accounts I have handled ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2017.

Interview

For the video interview you get asked around 8 questions. you get 30 seconds to prepare an answer and automatically it starts recording. you have 3 mins to respond. Most relate to the qualities of the scientist they want and they want you to give examples of it. There are a couple of technical questions towards the end.

IT Lab Systems Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Irvine, Scotland (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall a demanding interview that is designed to be tough so the best get chosen, I would recommend thoroughly preparing and think a lot about the STAR technique when answering questions as this helped me, if you have experience then just apply the STAR technique and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me of a time when you directly had an impact on a positive outcome, what did you do and how did it help?   1 Answer

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long and painful. I finally concluded that it was the admin/secretary that was the root of these issues. The whole thing was a disorganized mess. I had two phone interviews and one on-site interview in Collegeville, PA. The phone interviews were strange because I had a conference call with two hiring managers, then the HR screening call was after that. Both were purely on my past experience was had no "test-style" questions. The on site interview consisted of a 1 hr presentation, and lots of 30 min meetings. Everyone was very nice, but you could tell the position was not planned out very well. I am thankful I did not get the job cause the disorganized department would be too much to handle. To prove my point about being disorganized, I interviewed over 6 months ago and they still have not processed my re-imbursement. Not sure if I will ever get it back honestly.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have in sequencing projects? What experience do I have in cell engineering?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process comprised two initial telephone interviews- one with the states and one with the Uk offfice. Various questions were asked which related to my c.v and the relevant experience I had for the role. The next round of interviews comprised a face to face interview and a video conference interview with the team members in the United States. At this stage the questions were more competency based, and move away from just asking about my relevant experience.

D&I Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

CV, Online application, Two telephone Interview Sift interviews. I had connectivity problems but the
    I didn't get further than telephone Interview. I never heard back about how I did or a polite rejection. I was disappointed that I hadn't at least been told 'we had an overwhelming response from a hundred brilliant applicants, etc"

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current role? How much money do you earn?
      Why do you want to work at GSK?
      Tell me a bout a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult?
      1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rajahmundry Rural (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Rajahmundry Rural (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was good. nothing very hard core techncal but i was able to crack it at ease. they had asked various things related to previous maintenance works I had taken up and question was based on the CV

MEDICAL BUSINESS ASSOCIATE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Mumbai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I appeared for Online Aptitude and Psychometric test. After clearing the exam, I was called for the Interview. Environment of Interview place was quite cool and friendly. I was selected in Derma ETT Division for Mumbai location.

Interview Questions

• They asked for my introduction, qualities of Sales Representative, then discussed on my career gaols.   Answer Question

E&C Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in May 2017.

Interview

Transparent interview process. I was a panel interview with prospective line manager and the HR Specialist. Few technical case scenarios were made to understand the level of understanding on the role to be offered.

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied on their talent portal. Had a first screening with HR over the phone. Several weeks later I was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager. A week or two later invited for a second interview to do a presentation which they provided the information in advance, and followed up by just a couple more competency based questions. Be patient in hearing back from HR.

Interview Questions

• During the screening stage expect to be asked why the company and why the role. Face to face: Standard interview questions (walk me through your CV, etc), competency based questions according to the job spec, and then a round of questions that relate to their principles. Specially this last part requires thinking on your feet and not pre-rehearsed answers. You won't be able to anticipate which direction they'll take with your answers, so honesty will take you a long way. In doing the presentation don't leave any stones unturned and keep in mind who will be your audience.   Answer Question