GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was rushed in for an interview in December and met with two hiring managers. It was a behavioral interview with situational questions that had to be answered using the STAR method. They let me know this before hand but it was my first experience with this kind of interview. It lasted 90 minutes and I was told there may be a second and third interview before a decision was made. I have not heard anything in over a month despite my following up twice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about time How do you deal with team members who are underperforming? What skills do you think are important to coach team members to succeed?   Answer Question

FLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

submit application online > online assessment (refresh page after completing it, another test will probably appear. keep doing that until no additional tests appear. they won't email you to notify you that you have outstanding tests and page doesn't auto update) > Online automated video interview

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was generally positive. The recruiter asked some logistic questions then moved on to four behavioral STAR questions - asked a lot of follow up to get more detail on each one. Interview lasted about an hour, which personally was one of my longer interviews.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

A) Initial Application
    B) Phone Screen:
        Behavioral Questions to be answered in STAR format
    C) Assessment Center
        2 Group Excercises
        2 Solo back to back Interviews
        1 Solo Role Play Excercise (You play a manager confronting a low-performing employee)
        1 fifteen minute solo presentation (Topic will be assigned 1 week in advance)

My Review:
    The Assessment Center was gruelling, but somewhat a learning experience. There were around 7-8 candidates, and we were informed they would select only 1 person. You will need to take two days off of work/school (1 day for an orientation, and 1 whole day for the assessments). The assessment day lasts from 7:30 am-5pm. Due to the nature of this interview, we were all promised that regardless of what the decision was, we would all receive phone calls with feedback from our performance during the day within 2 weeks. GSK's official company website states that all candidates will receive feedback following the assessment day. Unfortunately, 4 weeks passed, and only 2/7 of us received an answer, and it was in the form of a short email rejection with no feedback whatsoever. I found this incredibly rude, and it has left me with a negative impression of GSK. I have received more timely and respectful feedback emails from companies that didn't demand half the work GSK did during its assessment day.

My recommendation to HR/Management: If you are going to promise us feedback, then give us feedback. Many of us had to push back exams, take off from work, and we all put in a lot of effort preparing our presentations for the assessment center.

Interview Questions

• How can a company's supply chain provide it with a competitive edge?   Answer Question

Bench Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone screening with the staffing agency. Then a couple of weeks after that, I had a phone Interview. The interviewer was really friendly and the conversation was always light and cheerful. We had a few things in common so we talked a little about the commonalities. He seemed super laid back and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Describe the cell culture technique you used in college and the steps you used when planting cells.   Answer Question
    • In what ways did you practice GMPs in your past job experiences and what does GMP mean to you?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I found this position on the GSK website and I filled out an initial online application consisting of 4 short answer style questions (in April), along with a cover letter, resume, and the usual background questions. About a month later I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a ~1 hour phone interview which consisted of 5 or 6 questions I was asked to answer in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). At the end of the interview, I was told to expect to hear back either way in 2-3 weeks. Three days later, I received an email asking about a good time to talk. After scheduling that, we had a 15 min phone conversation inviting me to the next/final round of interviews at the Assessment Center in Philadelphia.

The Assessment Center was a 1.5 day group interview process which was probably one of the most difficult, yet engaging interviews I've ever participated in. We were given a packet of information Thursday afternoon (after a program overview presentation) and told to read the packet for the exercises the next day. Following the presentation, all of the candidates (10) were taken out to a group dinner with a few current GSK employees and a current Future Leaders Program participant. The dinner was much more informal, and was a great information gathering and networking opportunity both with the GSK-affiliated folks and the other candidates. After dinner we went back to the hotel and we all went our separate ways to read the packets we had been given. As we were told, these packets were essential for the exercises the next day.

Friday consisted of several group and 1-on-1 exercises, including: a group discussion exercise, product presentation, traditional 1-on-1 interview, a 1-on-1 roleplay exercise, and a crisis management exercise. A very full day! During each of the exercises "Assessor's" were in the background and evaluating our discussions/presentations. The Assessor's did not interact with us during the group exercises. Immediately following the 1-on-1 exercises, prior to returning to the break room, there was the opportunity to speak with different Assessor's about their experience at GSK, the program in general, etc. I'd highly recommend to take advantage of those opportunities. The facilitators did a very nice of job of interspersing breaks, and there is specific time to prepare for each exercise built into the schedule. While it was a very busy, tiring day I didn't feel overwhelmed since we had time before and after each exercise to relax and chat with the other candidates. All-in-all it was a very difficult, but oddly enjoyable experience! Definitely one of the hardest interview processes I've been a part of.

They told us to expect to get a response within 2-3 weeks. At the end of the interview, we were each individually pulled aside and asked if we had any other offers, what those deadlines were, double-checking resumes for accuracy, availability, and expected salary range.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with or manage someone you didn't get along with.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had to introduce a new way of doing things   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Bio-pharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Conshohocken, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Contactacted by outside recruiter. About 6 weeks later called in for an on-site interview. You'll probably be competitive for 1 position although they say more than one position is available. I was interviewed by 4 employees (one on one) followed by a plant tour.i heard back from my contractor the night after the interview that they wanted me to work with them. 3 more weeks past before they offered the position/sign contract. All your references will be contacted and asked intrusive questions.

Interview Questions

• How do u convince someone to change their mind about a decision they made   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

No interview exactly! I got my interview rescheduled like three times and then finally, they sent me an email that they will not be moving forward with me.
    they appear disorgaanised to me

Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Aiken, SC).

Interview

There was no interview I went through a temp agency And was worked through them. I was given a week of training before I started working my shift alone. I also had a brief reading and math test as well As a drug test with the staffing agency

Technical Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for a technical lead position in May. After couple weeks HR contacted and schedule a interview with hiring manager. Almost 6+ weeks gone, no negative or positive feedback. Feel like wasted one hour time.