GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2018

3.1

EHS Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Augusta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

They sent me a very detailed interview guidance document highlighting their core expectations. Questions were asked to demonstrate these expections and I had to respond using the STAR approach. Applied online, a phone screen request was received 2 weeks later. An interview request was sent 1 month after phone screen with HR. The interview date was 2 weeks away. Received offer about 1 week after interview. There were some transitions happening and that may have extended the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to build trust working across boundaries.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to develop your skills to better handle a challenge.   Answer Question

Esprit Finance Program - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview - Normal "walk me through your resume"
    Final round phone interview - The interviewer called and without much talk went straight into interview questions. All behavioral questions. It would be wise to prepare multiple star stories for the interview as I needed more than a few examples for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge working in a group environment and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was sent online aptitude tests that included numerical, verbal reasoning, and values fit tests. After approx. 3 weeks I got a phone call to set a face to face interview. Then after a week I was invited to the assessment center where I was asked to prepare a technical presentation and gone through role-play, two group exercises, and and interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with people you don't know for the first time.   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Straightforward interview. The bulk of the interview was based on experience working prior to job that was being applied for. There were some situational questions but the majority was based around experience and skills

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a response from a recruiter within 2 days asking to set up an interview time. A few days later confirmed the time and day. It was a relatively average interview. Basic questions about yourself and STAR questions were asked. Not too long of an interview, only 40 minutes.

Immunization Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview to screen recruiters seemed disorganized, rushed, forgetful, did not follow through on what they promised. Standard review of resume, behavioral star format questions, questions and answers regarding the position being applied for and regarding the company in general, HR processes, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked across boundaries   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Phone screen by team member (not HR) followed by virtual interview with director and team managers including a 15 minute presentation. In-house interview was almost a full day of one-on-ones with team members and directors. Post-interview status has been difficult with no official outcome after six weeks.

Interview Questions

• All the STAR format questions you could possibly think of.   Answer Question

Territory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

phone interview first round screening with hiring manager
    skype interview with multiple managers
    in-person interview with panel managers

all interviews were behavioral based
    the interviewers really want you to connect your past experience with the job responsibilities

Expert Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Rockville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for a scientist position in Vaccines 1 hour phone interview with HR, 1 hr phone interview with hiring manager. Brought in for a full day interview where I spoke with various lab head and 'function heads' 1:1 in 30 minute sessions. Lunch with junior level scientists. Finished the day with a 1 hour seminar. Took two weeks to make a decision.

Some HR-style questions, but most questions in personal meetings were about my experience and expertise. Questions during seminar where on topics I presented.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in X technique?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Conshohocken, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Corralled about a dozen prospective hires through a non working lab and then left them ambiguously with recruiters who were unfamiliar with the job descriptions. No real questions asked pertaining to the specific job. Seemed too good to be true, and was.