GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

Senior Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Many reps are referred from internal employees, reps from other companies, etc... I was referrred, short-listed, interviewed and hired within a month. 2 interviews with my then district manager, one over the phone psychological test, medical & credit evaluation. Once all is clear, contract was mailed for signed acceptance. Fair pay and great benefits.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the request for information from a medical provider where the answer is something that you can not share?   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Durham, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (East Durham, NY).

Interview

I had an interview with 2 people the president and the floor supervisor. Had to look over 5 or 6 items they made and try to point out the errors.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

The interview process was with one person, I believe the territory manager. It was par for the course in terms of interviews - usual questions about background, experience, and discussed what was expected of the position. Friendly, comfortable and felt it went well. At the end, however, I was told "it's not no forever, but it's no for right now." It was blunt but I did appreciate the forward honesty.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any background in pharma sales, or any biology undergrad work?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Valencia, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

first I had a telephone interview. after 2 months they called me and invited me for an interview with the district manager. the interview was at a hotel restaurant. the manager was on the phone for more than 30 minutes. all the process didn't seem formal. she let me talk for more then 2 (!) hours without offering a thing. not even a drink. in the middle of the interview her son called her and came to take the keys for the car. she decided that i don't have enough experience and told me that if i would come from a rental car company she would hire me. I thought to myself: this is what she'is looking for?? with no offence, the car rental salesmen are well known as the most dishonest people.

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

long & grueling. took an entire day with multiple people & experts.
    fair & standard technical questions but nothing too bad or no crazy questions.
    people were very nice to talk to & interact with

Medical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Africa, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Africa, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was rather unstructured. The atmosphere was welcoming though. The salary negotiation was with HR and took lots of to and fro to arrive at an acceptable offer. Then came a wait of about three months before I was sure I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took quite some time. Pay scales are not that high for some positions and in my case, my request was very similar to what some Directors take home. Of course, I couldn't be accorded directorial status

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Submitted resume and received a phone interview. Interview was not hiring manager but another engineering working at the hiring location, who then gave his recommendation to the hiring manager. They later told me they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question
    • Why did you pick GSK? Typical behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career site and was contacted by HR about a month later. Had a phone screening that lasted about an hour and was behavioral-based - the HR representative was extremely nice and informative. A few weeks later, the team requested writing samples and had the candidates complete a small project. The finalists were then flown to the assessment center. The process was demanding and (at times) grueling, but the assessors are extremely helpful and kind and the day flies by. They're also sympathetic to the fact that the assessment center is demanding and were so encouraging throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you introduced a new way of doing things to an organization and how it worked or failed?   Answer Question

Operator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Marietta, PA).

Interview

Applied for job then 2 weeks pass by
    Phone screen with hr 1 week pass by
    Group panel interview 1.5 weeks go by
    Pre hiring testing 1 week went by
    Job offer
    Then background check
    Then offer letter and congratulations if you make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Be very prepared for thorough questions and even more thought out answers against experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiations.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

A broad range of situational questions. i.e. How would you do manage situations dependent on a number of set parameters. HR filter candidates first before you get a chance to talk to the hiring manager. The mood was quite relaxed but you definitely got a feel that the department was very busy which was great for me as I built up my experience.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Education level, aspirations, level of resilience, change   Answer Question