GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Applied online through the GSK site, received an e-mail several weeks later from a research scientist interested in working with me. Set-up a phone interview with said researcher in which we discussed my previous experience, career goals, and and how those skills might be useful for projects they were working on. Received an offer via phone call from an HR person 2 to 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous research experience in _____ help you better undertake this project?   Answer Question

Future Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Well done and they really want to know about you. Very challenging but they really do want to know more about you. Very good look at the overall person. I felt like I got a lot out of it but they never gave me feedback at the end which sucked.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you failed   1 Answer

Line Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I sat in front of a panel of 3 people and was asked a series of questions. They ask you a number of behavioral questions and it lasts about an hour. After the interview you are taken on a tour of the plant

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

First Round - 30 minute on campus interview
    Second Round - Two day interview at site (information session, networking dinner, two one on one interviews, two group case studies)
    All one-one interviews were conducted in the STAR format

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews including with HR, 1 video conference and 1 face to face interview/presentation. At the second interview the manager for the job had changed which impacted my ability to determine if I knew about expectations of the interview. I felt like I clicked with the first interviewer /manager but not the second although she was very friendly but something was missing in our communication it seemed forced. When I was invited to the presentation part of my interview I ran into weather delays and my travel schedule was not optimal. GSK put me on a very restricted ticket which did not allow me the flexibility to recover from 6hrs delays at the airport although they did reschedule my flight. I had to leave 4 am to catch a 6am flight after being stuck in weather delays the day prior trying to get to RTP the night before. At the interview I felt rushed although I arrived early the lobby was old and the waiting area had a large group in a 70's furniture space that did not allow me to review my slides and dry off from the wet weather I had ran into flying in and arriving on site. I was picked up early for the interview (20m to present) and was cut off 17m into the interview presentation although I was being given 30m to present to wrap up. Overall I know I was tired and wet and did not feel I did great I felt the rush to get me in and out of the interview made the meeting uncomfortable. When I sat down for the invited lunch the manager kept looking at my food as if she wanted me to leave and I rushed to finish up and was dropped off at the front desk 45 min earlier than I was told I would leave. Overall I was very interested however the events compounded with the challenge in the travel to the meeting compromised impacted the end result on both sides. The face to face team at GSK seemed ingenious, and impatient and placated the meeting with patronized professionalism but altogether agree Ive had more stellar meeting and results.

Interview Questions

• STAR Question & Answer interview, Why did I want to be a MSL, Expertise working in difficult situations, R & D Background Questions   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Overall, this was one of the most stressful interviews I've been on. Interviewers didn't like that my presentation focused on literature related to my current research and not my current research. Sorry, but I will not violate my CDA. Lunch was also a 3:1 interview. Please, give me a chance to eat and relax.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. It would take probably 2 weeks until the result comes out. I was introduced what does the position do in everyday basis and asked why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA).

Interview

Full day; Packed agenda - starts with HR and meet various group members; asked to give a talk; Had lunch and dinner with group members; Heard back very soon with positive news

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Phone screen was first done by HR, followed by hiring manager interview over the phone which was more detailed. The face to face interview was done for approximately 2 hrs and it involved a panel that all sat in the room at once asking questions in an alternating fashion.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an invitation to the assessment center. Mostly Behavioral questions in the phone interview, the assessment center was almost entirely case-based. The hiring board was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to transition from one role into another.   Answer Question