GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

3.1

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Rockville, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Screening interview, then interviewed by Hiring manager and another manager in engineering. Was also phone screened by a general HR manager. I believe this was more for degree and personality.

Interview Questions

• What was a hard project you completed   1 Answer

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online in October. It took about 2 weeks for them to contact me directly. Recruiter scheduled a phone interview that lasted about an hour consisting of basic behavioral questions. She was very helpful in guiding me through the questions and asked probing questions that made you feel like she was interested in learning more about you.

Two day later I got an email saying that I was accepted to the Assessment Center, which is their second-round, on-site stage. HR emailed me a technical case study two days before the interview that required you to do some research and compose a presentation for their assessor.

The accommodations were top notch. Limo service, wine and dined at Brazilian steakhouse, Embassy Suites hotel, meals and snacks throughout the Assessment Center.

The Assessment Center was a long day (730AM-530PM), but it was the most interesting and engaging interview I have ever been a part of. The process composed of a group exercise discussing health initiatives in a country that a fictitious pharmaceutical company is operating in, a behavioral and technical interview, a role play exercise where you pretend to be a manager, your presentation, then a final group exercise about a product launch/distribution.

It sounds like a lot, but the day goes by very quickly and the assessors are very helpful in walking you through the process and keeping you calm. The process is supposed to simulate the typical challenges and responsibilities that you would have as an actual employee.

The best advice that the assessors give you is to be genuine because the process is very good at breaking you down and getting to the core of who you are. Emphasize your motivations, passions, capacity for team working and creative problem solving, and leadership.

Last but not least stay positive throughout the process. It's an incredibly challenging and stressful process so your attitude is reflected on how your approach each of the exercises.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to make a decision between two opposing viewpoints/directions within a team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2016.

Interview

The process takes forever. Applied for the position on November 2015. First phone interview was last week of January. On site interview was last week of March. I was offered the position on the same day "because i am so special :)". I was told the the hiring process will take three to five weeks. So i am still waiting. I thin the whole process will take around5 five months.

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current job   1 Answer
    • do you have any experience using software like SAP, document control   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. They offered me a good salary. Again becauae i am so special. Good luck

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of phone interviews within a few days and then was brought in for an in person interview a few weeks later. First phone interview was with the hiring manager and second was with one of the HM's co-workers. Both were around an hour long. In person interview met one on one with a number of people before doing a technical presentation for a group.
    Presentation experience was horrible. It felt like a direct attack on certain points needlessly and had a really hard time connecting with the audience.
    Had an HR interview and then lunch with a group and a summary talk afterwards before leaving. Never ended up hearing anything back one way or another.

Interview Questions

• How would you stimulate conversation between yourself and your manager without creating conflict?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time there was conflict between yourself and your boss in a previous position you held.   Answer Question

Hospital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

No performance information re: sales, very situational, be prepared with 6 to 8 work examples. Use the star format and show examples where appropriate. Have a 30-60-90 day plan prepared and good questions regarding the accounts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. I negotiated for a higher salary.

Future Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Well done and they really want to know about you. Very challenging but they really do want to know more about you. Very good look at the overall person. I felt like I got a lot out of it but they never gave me feedback at the end which sucked.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you failed   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Applied online through the GSK site, received an e-mail several weeks later from a research scientist interested in working with me. Set-up a phone interview with said researcher in which we discussed my previous experience, career goals, and and how those skills might be useful for projects they were working on. Received an offer via phone call from an HR person 2 to 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous research experience in _____ help you better undertake this project?   Answer Question

Line Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I sat in front of a panel of 3 people and was asked a series of questions. They ask you a number of behavioral questions and it lasts about an hour. After the interview you are taken on a tour of the plant

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

First Round - 30 minute on campus interview
    Second Round - Two day interview at site (information session, networking dinner, two one on one interviews, two group case studies)
    All one-one interviews were conducted in the STAR format

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews including with HR, 1 video conference and 1 face to face interview/presentation. At the second interview the manager for the job had changed which impacted my ability to determine if I knew about expectations of the interview. I felt like I clicked with the first interviewer /manager but not the second although she was very friendly but something was missing in our communication it seemed forced. When I was invited to the presentation part of my interview I ran into weather delays and my travel schedule was not optimal. GSK put me on a very restricted ticket which did not allow me the flexibility to recover from 6hrs delays at the airport although they did reschedule my flight. I had to leave 4 am to catch a 6am flight after being stuck in weather delays the day prior trying to get to RTP the night before. At the interview I felt rushed although I arrived early the lobby was old and the waiting area had a large group in a 70's furniture space that did not allow me to review my slides and dry off from the wet weather I had ran into flying in and arriving on site. I was picked up early for the interview (20m to present) and was cut off 17m into the interview presentation although I was being given 30m to present to wrap up. Overall I know I was tired and wet and did not feel I did great I felt the rush to get me in and out of the interview made the meeting uncomfortable. When I sat down for the invited lunch the manager kept looking at my food as if she wanted me to leave and I rushed to finish up and was dropped off at the front desk 45 min earlier than I was told I would leave. Overall I was very interested however the events compounded with the challenge in the travel to the meeting compromised impacted the end result on both sides. The face to face team at GSK seemed ingenious, and impatient and placated the meeting with patronized professionalism but altogether agree Ive had more stellar meeting and results.

Interview Questions

• STAR Question & Answer interview, Why did I want to be a MSL, Expertise working in difficult situations, R & D Background Questions   Answer Question