GlaxoSmithKline Investigator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Investigator Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long and painful. I finally concluded that it was the admin/secretary that was the root of these issues. The whole thing was a disorganized mess. I had two phone interviews and one on-site interview in Collegeville, PA. The phone interviews were strange because I had a conference call with two hiring managers, then the HR screening call was after that. Both were purely on my past experience was had no "test-style" questions. The on site interview consisted of a 1 hr presentation, and lots of 30 min meetings. Everyone was very nice, but you could tell the position was not planned out very well. I am thankful I did not get the job cause the disorganized department would be too much to handle. To prove my point about being disorganized, I interviewed over 6 months ago and they still have not processed my re-imbursement. Not sure if I will ever get it back honestly.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have in sequencing projects? What experience do I have in cell engineering?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR person who told me a hiring manager was very interested in my application. I had a phone screening interview with the HR person the next day and was moved on to the next process- technical phone conversation with the hiring manager and the rest of his/her team 10 days after. The conversation took about an hour with very intense technical questions from each member of the team.
    I was then invited for an onsite interview 5 days after the phone interview. It took exactly a month to schedule that onsite interview due to some disorganization.
    The interview:

Greeting by hiring manager in the morning
    presentation in the morning
    lunch with the team (5 people)
    personal interviews 1on 1 30min with a lot of people

Interview took the whole day. It was rather very exhausting and intense.

Got a email 5 days after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave academia   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was a 30 min phone interview followed by an onsite interview which lasted for an entire day. The day comprised of meeting 8-9 scientists and team leaders, and also a 1 hr scientific presentation. I was predominantly asked technical questions about skills, experimental design, and problem solving as well as the STAR based questions which were mostly situational or behavioral. There were a few technically challenging questions. I was given a verbal offer within 10 days of my onsite interview and the official offer was extended almost 2 months after the onsite interview.

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Pretty short interview compared to other big pharmaceuticals I interviewed at. Gave a research talk (45 min with questions after). Besides research talk, rest of interview was not that technical. There were 5 one on one interviews. they have questions that you answer using the star method. So they ask situational questions where you dealt with a difficult teammate or implemented a process improvement, stuff like that. People were very friendly and made sure I had time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were from senior scientific managers during my talk   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Interview

Received and initial email from the hiring manager in which we agreed upon a set time for a phone interview. During the phone interview, the hiring manager was completely inappropriate. The interview started off great, and was asked where I wanted to be in 5 years. Once my answer was given the manager seemed as though they felt threatened and were completely rude the rest of the interview. I was emailed to set up an on-site interview, though I declined due to the uncomfortableness I encountered with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA).

Interview

Full day; Packed agenda - starts with HR and meet various group members; asked to give a talk; Had lunch and dinner with group members; Heard back very soon with positive news

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

several Situation Task Action Result questions with panel, very pleasant interviewers, should have asked many more technical questions, although I got an interview, I do not feel like others got a fair chance at getting the interview. There were many qualified candidates that did get an interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you most qualified for the job?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with stress as many different tasks are competing for resources?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Following online application, I had a phone interview a week after applying and was invited for an in-person interview 4 days after. The people were very friendly however, the interview process was very long and tiring. They didn't send the interview schedule and I was only made aware on the day so I wasn't prepared for the several interviews lined up. Before the interview was a tour of the labs. Then a presentation for the entire team (again, had no idea I was presenting to 15-20 people), then one on one with the PI and team member, then informal meeting with members of the team which is basically team members asking question which seemed pre-set. Then another interview with someone else, maybe hiring manager (too many people to remember their roles)? This was by far the most frustrating as the questions were open-ended and interviewer tried to steer my opinions. Finally, skype interview with a partner in the US. This was the best part as interviewer was receptive and genuinely interested in my background. By the end of the day I was completely drained. The interview process needs restructuring.

Interview Questions

• Why transition from academia to industry?   1 Answer

Investigator Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Extensive, includes wide range of area around my current work. Some approach to unmet problem. Questions relating to tool I have used. Questions relating to work environment, questions relating to the composition of team, questions relating to experience with other team members. Questions relating to conflict I came across in the team and how I come over

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very efficient and STAR based interview. Staff were very welcoming and able to put interviewee at ease. Panel or 1:1 were able to me interviewee at ease with general questions before deep dive knowledge testing / personality testing in scenario based protocols.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a failure and what lessons were learnt?
      Give me an example of a success and what lessons were learnt?
      How do you overcome adversity?   Answer Question