GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions in King of Prussia, PA | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions in King of Prussia, PA

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview, and then had a follow up interview at the King of Prussia location. I was told I was being considered out of 4 candidates at the phone interview stage, and then I and another candidate were brought on site for a follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a situation where you didn’t know how to do something and how you went about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and your career aspirations.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had two rounds of phone interviews within a few days and then was brought in for an in person interview a few weeks later. First phone interview was with the hiring manager and second was with one of the HM's co-workers. Both were around an hour long. In person interview met one on one with a number of people before doing a technical presentation for a group.
    Presentation experience was horrible. It felt like a direct attack on certain points needlessly and had a really hard time connecting with the audience.
    Had an HR interview and then lunch with a group and a summary talk afterwards before leaving. Never ended up hearing anything back one way or another.

Interview Questions

• How would you stimulate conversation between yourself and your manager without creating conflict?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time there was conflict between yourself and your boss in a previous position you held.   Answer Question

Human Resources Future Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Three Stages

1) Online Application - resume, cover letter, online application
    2) Phone Interview - 45 minute long behavioral interview
    3) Assessment Center - visited company headquarters in King of Prussia, PA and spent the day completing Assessment Center activities (role play, behavioral interview, group work, crisis management, individual presentation)

Interview Questions

• One of the activities we had to complete was to pick a product (out of three we were given) and give an individual presentation on why we picked that certain product (i.e. its benefits) and why we picked it over the other two products (i.e. the other products' downfalls)   Answer Question

Safety Assessment Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Applied online. After two weeks, I received an email for a phone interview scheduled for the same day in the afternoon. The interview involves going through the job description and the expectation required of intern. Then specific questions were asked regarding my past experience working with animals especially rodents. There questions that try to know whether I am an animal activist and whether I will comfortable working with animals. Expecting to hear back from them

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to apply to this program/department?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. No relocation and transportation subsidies.

Computational Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Two phone interviews consisting of behavioral questions and past research projects, and one on site interview consisting of talk with in person interviews all day. Most interviewers were very nice / laid back and seemed like softball questions but then others seemed interested in playing a good cop / bad cop routine.

Interview Questions

• Questions went the full way from some more algorithmic descriptions to biological questions about study design. The length of the process and diversity of the questions rather than any specific question was a bit tiring for me but it was also the first time in my life I did it.   Answer Question

Bio-pharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

3 person individual interview then tour of facility. Asks mainly questions about personality and working with a group on activities. What role do you usually play in those activities. Very easy going and felt more comfortable than normal interview process.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

One 30-min HR phone screening. One week later received onsite interview invitation. First, a 60-min HR interview full of behavior questions with hiring manager present. Then, a 30-min technical presentation, followed by one-hour panel discussion. Lab tours, lunch. Finally, three 30-min one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• The one-hour interview with HR is full of crap: what's your motivation? How do you handle difficult people? and so on. You can nail these questions by preparing stories for these behavioral questions. Just Google it   1 Answer

DPU Heart Failure Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was extremely nice and gave complements throughout the interview. The interview was planned and over the phone. I was also politely given the time of the length that the interview was going to be, over email. Overall, I would categorize the interview as informal, but professional.

Interview Questions

• What type of reagent did you use for mmeasuring the IC50 of the bioassays you performed?   1 Answer

Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Interview with HR one month later. Invited to onsite interview two months later. Interview consisted of a meeting with hiring manager followed with me giving a presentation with Q/A session. Questions during entire interview consisted of questions regards to problems they were trying to solve and generic HR questions. Emailed hiring manager two weeks later for update with no response. Horrible communication throughout the entire process. Still have not received reimbursement for interview expenses.

Bench Scientist Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I was called in for a face to face interview and offered the position a week later. Questions were fairly basic science in the area where they are researching in. Its an entry level scientist position so not any technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of salary. The pay was already agreed upon by the temp agency. I was notified by my temp agency what the hourly salary rate was.