GlaxoSmithKline Medical Science Liaison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Medical Science Liaison Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

All behavioral based questions. Preference given to internal employees that have connections lobbying on their behalf. Does not matter so much on your abilities as who you know when it comes to competing versus an internal candidate

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, salary is fixed.

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews including with HR, 1 video conference and 1 face to face interview/presentation. At the second interview the manager for the job had changed which impacted my ability to determine if I knew about expectations of the interview. I felt like I clicked with the first interviewer /manager but not the second although she was very friendly but something was missing in our communication it seemed forced. When I was invited to the presentation part of my interview I ran into weather delays and my travel schedule was not optimal. GSK put me on a very restricted ticket which did not allow me the flexibility to recover from 6hrs delays at the airport although they did reschedule my flight. I had to leave 4 am to catch a 6am flight after being stuck in weather delays the day prior trying to get to RTP the night before. At the interview I felt rushed although I arrived early the lobby was old and the waiting area had a large group in a 70's furniture space that did not allow me to review my slides and dry off from the wet weather I had ran into flying in and arriving on site. I was picked up early for the interview (20m to present) and was cut off 17m into the interview presentation although I was being given 30m to present to wrap up. Overall I know I was tired and wet and did not feel I did great I felt the rush to get me in and out of the interview made the meeting uncomfortable. When I sat down for the invited lunch the manager kept looking at my food as if she wanted me to leave and I rushed to finish up and was dropped off at the front desk 45 min earlier than I was told I would leave. Overall I was very interested however the events compounded with the challenge in the travel to the meeting compromised impacted the end result on both sides. The face to face team at GSK seemed ingenious, and impatient and placated the meeting with patronized professionalism but altogether agree Ive had more stellar meeting and results.

Interview Questions

• STAR Question & Answer interview, Why did I want to be a MSL, Expertise working in difficult situations, R & D Background Questions   Answer Question

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

After submitting online application, was contacted by recruiter for a phone screen that lasted about an hour. This was a pre-screen and consisted of questions regarding my knowledge of the company, how I could make a difference and how I would approach the position given the current regulations.

Interview Questions

• As an MSL, how would you tailor your presentation knowing who the audience was.   Answer Question

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a short (10 min) phone screen with the recruiter to talk about my experience and motivation. Then a face to face interview with the manager (and recruiter on the phone) the same week. Mix of questions about my CV and some behavioural questions. Interview lasted less than an hour. No technical questions. Formal but conversational.

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiting manager then on-site interview with the Medical Affairs director and the hiring manager. It took about a month between the 2. They let you know via email that you're moving forward, or not. The interview on-site is about 1 hour long and I was asked behavioral questions, technical questions and general questions. The hiring manager would follow-up on your answers, which increases a little bit the difficulty of the interview. And you will have the chance to ask questions by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a bad boss.   Answer Question

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position directly through their website. The process took about a month. But I didn't get the job as I didn't have a drivers license at that time.

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2014.

Interview

Was brief and the selection process was also brief. Only had one interview but had to have a background check which I found somehow.overall it was a nice interview.Also had a refund of my air fare.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join GSK   1 Answer

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call from the HR recruiter, followed by the an interview with the hiring manager through Skype.
    The initial telephone conversation with the HR was a chance to introduce yourself. The questions included why you want to apply for this role, what your background is, why you believe with your background, experiences and skills, you will be a good fit into this role, how soon you can relocate (I was in a different country when I applied for the job).
    The interview with the hiring manager through Skype also involved the same HR recruiter. The whole process lasted about 45 minutes, and at the end, they said they will provide the date and time for the next meet if I was selected to the next stage, or feedback if I was unsuccessful.
    The questions from the hiring manage were all very specific, largely related to your CV. It started with "tell me about yourself", and then from there, the manager asked me a few questions specific related to your background which I wrote on my CV.
    The next part was regarding the role. Questions include tell me what an MSL is, why you want to become an MSL, why you want to change your career to become an MSL, tell me the difference between and MSL and MR (this was a tough question), what part of your experience is related to MSL in the therapeutic field, and where you see yourself in 5 years' time. The HR recruiter then asked you a STAR question. And finally, you got the chance to ask them any questions.
    Skype interview was very different, as due to the internet instability, we could not use video calling, limited only to audio.

Interview Questions

• What clinical experience do you have that will help you to be successful in this role?   Answer Question