GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Newark, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

phone interview first round screening with hiring manager
    skype interview with multiple managers
    in-person interview with panel managers

all interviews were behavioral based
    the interviewers really want you to connect your past experience with the job responsibilities

Future Leaders Program Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY).

Interview

The assessment center consisted of 2 group exercises, a 45 minute technical and 45 minute behavioral interview, a roleplay scenario, and you give a presentation on a topic they email to you a week in advance.

Interview Questions

• A mechanics of materials question about the force applied on a constrained bar if the temperature was raised 20 degrees.   Answer Question

FLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

submit application online > online assessment (refresh page after completing it, another test will probably appear. keep doing that until no additional tests appear. they won't email you to notify you that you have outstanding tests and page doesn't auto update) > Online automated video interview

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was generally positive. The recruiter asked some logistic questions then moved on to four behavioral STAR questions - asked a lot of follow up to get more detail on each one. Interview lasted about an hour, which personally was one of my longer interviews.

Bench Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a phone screening with the staffing agency. Then a couple of weeks after that, I had a phone Interview. The interviewer was really friendly and the conversation was always light and cheerful. We had a few things in common so we talked a little about the commonalities. He seemed super laid back and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Describe the cell culture technique you used in college and the steps you used when planting cells.   Answer Question
    • In what ways did you practice GMPs in your past job experiences and what does GMP mean to you?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. It started with the initial phone interview with HR followed by panel style interview with the hiring Director and their peers. It was a good conversational interview with many of the questions coming from scripted HR type documents, aside from those it was really just understanding my past work experience and my understanding of the requirements of the role.

Interview Questions

• STAR format questions, "Tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

Product Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Warren, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took about 3 week for the first HR phone interview and another 3 weeks for an onsite interview. I was interviewed with the HM, a senior scientist and a senior quality member. No hard questions, all basic questions and how my background fits the position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

There was no response to my resume via the website. Only when I sent in my resume via an employee referral a recruiter called me and did a short telephonic interview. I never heard back from them again? It would be good for them to have a feedback mechanism in place to present a more professional image for the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Briefly walk me through your profile.
      2. Why are you interested to apply for this role and what is attractive about GSK?
      3. What are your career aspirations?
      4. Briefly describe a situation where you had to work across boundaries and explain what you did.
      5. What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The process took a long time, about 4 months total. HR called me to assess my candidacy late July. He really just wanted to hear about my background and why I thought I'd be a good fit. He was happy with what I shared and decided to pass my profile to the hiring team. It took about 6 weeks before I heard back. He said I could expect an email with an interview invite, which came a week later. I was scheduled for 3 45-minute back-to-back interviews with 3 Brand Managers. Following my last interview, I met an ABM who asked me if I had any questions about what I'd be doing daily. The guy was really nice and shared his experience with me. At the end, he said "If you get the offer, you really should consider taking it. This is a great company." He was very genuine and helped me end the day on a very positive note. Overall, my interviews were case base and behavioral. While it felt a bit difficult, the interviewers' great personalities helped balance things out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a good brand (Hint: use a CPG brand)
      Tell me of a brand with a good digital strategy
      Tell me of a time when you had to leverage data to support a recommendation
      Tell me of a time when you presented data to senior leadership
      Tell me of a time when you faced conflict in a team. How did you resolve it?
      What's your brand?   Answer Question

Biologics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A front for managers and HR selecting based on cost cutting measures. Hired persons with low performance rankings, lower salary and benefit packages, minimal sales skills and standards for performance. Avoided using any objective criteria to evaluate qualified candidates. Interviewing managers rely mostly on how candidate responds to fictitious situational questions.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you?
      Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      Situational questions.   1 Answer