GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

3.1

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

The interview process was with one person, I believe the territory manager. It was par for the course in terms of interviews - usual questions about background, experience, and discussed what was expected of the position. Friendly, comfortable and felt it went well. At the end, however, I was told "it's not no forever, but it's no for right now." It was blunt but I did appreciate the forward honesty.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any background in pharma sales, or any biology undergrad work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Phila, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took a while to get call from hiring manager. When we sat down we reviewed Resume review, Behavior Questions-Integrity is a company theme. Also, Focus on Sales ability

Interview Questions

• Name how you changed a prescriber's habits and what was the process and how did the prescriber react?   1 Answer
    • When can you start? We have a drug test as well as credit check.   1 Answer

Had other offer from another pharma company

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Best to describe success stories in a star format. If you have one bring in brag book to share in the storytelling process. It was a basic interview. Make sure you close the interview and ask for the job since it is sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fair

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within in a week of applying by a GSK recruiter.
    Had a phone interview with hiring manager.
    Then flew down to ATL to interview in person with hiring manager and another same level manager.
    I didn't get the position, but the hiring manager did call me back and I asked for feedback on the interview and he provided it. In my opinion, he went above and beyond.
    It was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked in the in person interview a lot of questions like What would I do to get beyond the front office to see the doc, etc. Nothing I wasn't expecting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Akron, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview on January 24, 2014. Phone interview went well. As of February 7, 2014 still no response, my account still says considering. I spoke with the manager I had phone interview with and he assured he would be calling, had a little down time between hiring. How long can this take?

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Your typical pharma screen, assessment, & STAR-based F2F. Interviewed with DM out of St. Cloud & one of his reps. DM actually made a phone call during the interview without excusing himself from the room. When I tried to follow-up with him, I got an old school voice mail, which I can only assume was at his residence.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cleveland, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview with the hiring manager which entailed just going though my resume and other qualifications. A week later I had a 2:1 face to face panel interview with the hiring manager and another DSM

Interview Questions

• Phone was walking through resume. F2F was Typical STAR format questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then 3 face to face. All of the face to face interviews are with multiple people at once. Make sure you are fully prepared for what you want to say as well as your knowledge of the company

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview and then had three different face to face interviews with a panel of approximately 3 to 4 interviewers. Some of the questions got a bit repetitive and then just making sure that you have your answers all in line.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you to be a pharmaceutical rep with no prior experience?   Answer Question