GlaxoSmithKline Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Phone call then interview,interview,second interview with good copy bad cop set up. The first interview was pleasant but the second was with two interviewers and the dynamics were completely different. It was my first interview in years so it was unfamiliar.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Valencia, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

first I had a telephone interview. after 2 months they called me and invited me for an interview with the district manager. the interview was at a hotel restaurant. the manager was on the phone for more than 30 minutes. all the process didn't seem formal. she let me talk for more then 2 (!) hours without offering a thing. not even a drink. in the middle of the interview her son called her and came to take the keys for the car. she decided that i don't have enough experience and told me that if i would come from a rental car company she would hire me. I thought to myself: this is what she'is looking for?? with no offence, the car rental salesmen are well known as the most dishonest people.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for phone screen, then interview with DM by phone and then schedule f2f interview with DM. I was a bit unusual as I applied out of state and the DM had to fly out to meet me. RVP was too tight on schedule to meet candidates so they went ahead with an offer after f2f. The interview process was respectful and expected. However gsk is extremely by the book and DM will only ask questions verbatim from the interview pages. It was a bit more difficult than others as there would be multiple questions within one, testing various aptitudes and you have to meet them all with one answer.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled persistent rejection in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Tucson, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

First went through a phone screen, then two managers interviewed me face to face, the hiring manager who was one of them then had me speak to the VP --her boss on the phone. A week later an off was made and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with a coworker and how it resolved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to change start date. My usual advice is to take the offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Denver, CO) in January 2008.

Interview

the phone interview was the usual. Just google "pharmaceutical sales phone interview" to get a handle on the questions. be sure to use the STAR format for evaluating and answering questions. If you get the multi person interveiw, each will have a different style, like good cop, bad cop. Just relax.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pen?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you were disappointed by your sales presentation,   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2016.

Interview

A few personal questions about my background, followed by standard behavioural questions STAR method used. It was an individual interview for one, followed by a secondary interview a fortnight interview with role play selling of a relevant product.No particularly hard areas, all as to be expected at a large scale pharma sector company.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you have dealt with conflict in the workplace? Was there anything you could do differently? Why GSK?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Nanjing, Jiangsu (China)).

Interview

cool without much pressure, employees are all nice people, the sales manager comes to our campus to give us an interview, which cost almost 30min, if I dont remember wrong. The whole conversation is about my own experience and the background on my CV.

Interview Questions

• why you choose us? And why you think you're fitted this position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview included commonly asked questions. The interviewers also further explained on the job roles and benefits of the job. They emphasized that the job requires a lot of travelling. All and all, it was a fun interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

1ST WRITTEN test,
    where some basic english,maths and about company questions.

2nd HR round
    where about your introduction and other questions subject

and finally last round with area sales manager,regional sales manger,zonal sales manager
    asks different type of questions.

be confident and answer with a smile.

Location not suitable

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cairo (Egypt)) in April 2010.

Interview

you must have been finished your medical background colledge or degree like phisician or physotherapy or pharmacy or veterinary or science bachlore to qualify to submit your application.
    then you should prepare your cv and some other documenta like your military cervice certificate and your bachelor,s degree certificate and a proof of residance like an electricity bill

Interview Questions

• how do you sell this pen to me   1 Answer