GlaxoSmithKline Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at GlaxoSmithKline

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Collegeville, PA) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied in Feb. Phone interview with recruiter in April. At end said he was recommending me for next step. Heard nothing til July when hiring manager contacted recruiter did not return any correspondence. Had interview full day for multiple rounds with groups of people from 8am-2pm. Denied via email over 5 weeks after interview. Very drawn out which made it seem like they are disorganized with human resources.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

One 30-min HR phone screening. One week later received onsite interview invitation. First, a 60-min HR interview full of behavior questions with hiring manager present. Then, a 30-min technical presentation, followed by one-hour panel discussion. Lab tours, lunch. Finally, three 30-min one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• The one-hour interview with HR is full of crap: what's your motivation? How do you handle difficult people? and so on. You can nail these questions by preparing stories for these behavioral questions. Just Google it   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Interview

The process was easy. Mostly a behavioral interview with some questions regarding past experiences.

Scientist Interview

Interview

A few behavior questions and technical questions on my research. Waited for a week before getting an offer.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Got selected for phone interview about a week after the application deadline. Pretty standard stuff about describing previous research projects, detailing specific lab skills, publication record, conferences attended, etc. Only question not related to experience was why you would want to work for GSK and in this division, etc. Lasted about 30-40 mins. About 3 weeks after that I was selected for on site interview at GSK. Total process lasted about 3 hours: 1 hour with lab staff that asked technical questions and discussed the research being carried out during a lab tour; 2 x 30 min sessions with other members of the team that are more on either the clinical or business/management side of things, mostly open-ended questions that led to discussions about me and why I wanted to work there; 1 hour with group leaders with technical and competency questions (STAR technique). Interview was generally light, and allowed me to ask questions as we went, but quizzed everything on my CV, application form and from the phone interview. Received an offer about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time when you showed courage.   Answer Question
    • Why would you want to move from academia to industry, and why now in your career?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Aside from the scientific process, why are you interested in this disease area?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

the process took 3 months. After 10 days from the position's application deadline, received a phone call. after 3 weeks an interview on site. Spent half day talking with investigator, header and hr mgr.

Interview Questions

• why u rather than others? How u can contribute?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2014.

Interview

Arrived at site
    Was taken to a briefing on the day with other candidates
    Picked up by first interviewer; had 4 30 minute interviews which were mostly soft skill based
    Coffee with current employees

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2010.

Interview

I was called in for an interview at my university for a student position (1 year placement). I was interviewed by the hiring manager only. This was a general scientific interview, asking both chemistry questions and behavioural questions. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel at ease. If i was unsure of an answer to a technical question, he would help me along till i got the correct answer. The interview lasted 45 minutes and I was called the following day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• To draw specific synthetic reactions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As it was an intern position, I could not negotiate.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online at gsk.com. Was contacted several weeks later by team manager and did a phone interview. Next week I was contacted to set up a onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of 3 1on1 interviews and then a lunch with the group. Following week had a phone interview with HR. Week later same HR rep offered the job. Overall an awesome process. Everyone was so nice and made you feel that you were a true candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiated. Job offer was fair and I'm 6 months out of grad school.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Processus de sélection avec 2 entretiens de 60 min: le premier avec recruitment account manager (compétences générales) le deuxième avec le hiring manager (compétences techniques). Par ailleurs test de personnalité on line