GlaxoSmithKline Senior Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GlaxoSmithKline Senior Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Overall, this was one of the most stressful interviews I've been on. Interviewers didn't like that my presentation focused on literature related to my current research and not my current research. Sorry, but I will not violate my CDA. Lunch was also a 3:1 interview. Please, give me a chance to eat and relax.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GlaxoSmithKline

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2013.

Interview

Apparently there is something going on within GSK. The interview process is very disorganized and disrespectful. It took almost 2 months to set up the initial phone screen involving 3 different HR people and 3 scientists. After finally nailed down a time and date, I was noticed one week ahead the interview will be cancelled due to time conflict and another HR or someone else will come up with a new schedule. I was OK with that. BUT, two days prior to the original scheduled date, I received a call and asked me if I have 45 minutes for interview. I was totally unprepared and shocked! The interview went horrible, of course, not only because of the unprepared part but also there was absolutely no conversion between me and the interviewer. It was obvious the interviewer did not read my resume and knew the area I was and was not interested in. She asked very broad and detailed technique question, which I put it away for a long time.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

I was originally a contract hire, so communications were conducted via a staffing firm. At the time I lived out of state, so my initial interview was over the phone. I was then asked to come for an in-person interview, during which I interviewed with my supervisors and the head of the department. I was offered the job for an 18-month contract, at the end of which I was fortunate to be offered a permanent position at the company.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Interview started with my presentation and continued with questions testing my basic knowledge on cell line development and my research expertise

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

1 interview of 3 rounds
    1st round - presentation for 10 minutes and then questions on my presentation for 30 minutes.
    2nd round - technical interview for an hour. Most questions are the nature of the job.
    3rd round - HR interview for an hour.

Interview Questions

• First two rounds were very job specific and were very technical, scientific questions.
      HR interview was a little more difficult as I had to explain scenarios (stories) for lots of different questions and sometimes I couldn't think of a different story to the one I had already given.
      Questions like - Why GSK? Scenario where you showed leadership/teamwork? Scenario where you worked through a conflict? etc etc
      1 Answer