GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.2

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied on their talent portal. Had a first screening with HR over the phone. Several weeks later I was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager. A week or two later invited for a second interview to do a presentation which they provided the information in advance, and followed up by just a couple more competency based questions. Be patient in hearing back from HR.

Interview Questions

• During the screening stage expect to be asked why the company and why the role. Face to face: Standard interview questions (walk me through your CV, etc), competency based questions according to the job spec, and then a round of questions that relate to their principles. Specially this last part requires thinking on your feet and not pre-rehearsed answers. You won't be able to anticipate which direction they'll take with your answers, so honesty will take you a long way. In doing the presentation don't leave any stones unturned and keep in mind who will be your audience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Extensive 12-week application process, questions online, numeracy tests, video questions then 2-day assessment centre.
    The assessment centre was very intense, group of 8 people tested in various ways (including group tasks, one-on-one interviews, role play). This is a generic assessment centre for all roles, so its mostly behavioural.

D&I Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

CV, Online application, Two telephone Interview Sift interviews. I had connectivity problems but the
    I didn't get further than telephone Interview. I never heard back about how I did or a polite rejection. I was disappointed that I hadn't at least been told 'we had an overwhelming response from a hundred brilliant applicants, etc"

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current role? How much money do you earn?
      Why do you want to work at GSK?
      Tell me a bout a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online, standard online application asking 3 motivation questions.
    I was then sent online assessments which included mathematics, non verbal reasoning and verbal reasoning.
    A telephone interview followed.
    Next I went to the assessment centre at the GSK headquarter where I had an interview, two group exercises, presentation and a role play.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you didn't get on with someone at work? What did you do?   Answer Question

SAP Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brentford, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

group exercise, then presentation, then role play as project leader dealing with some issues, then a long group discussion and an emergency situation meeting. It was quite challenging and fast paced. The case studies and presentation were not hard to understand. there was a very strong emphasis on company culture affecting decision making.

Interview Questions

• name one time you helped solve a conflict?
      explain one time you led a change?
      explain one time you led a team?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brighton, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

- application (CV, cover letter)
    - only tests (behavioural, mathematical, logic)
    -recorded interview
    -assessment centre (presentation on a case study receive one week in advance, group exercises, panel interview)
    I was said to be successful (first 2 stages )sometime after the test, after 4 moths of silence I received an email and I had 2 days to prepare for the recorded interview. 2 days are not enough. The assessment centre place was too far away and bad connected

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Online application. Uploaded CV then invited to complete online verbal and non verbal reasoning questions and answer two questions about why I wanted the job. Then invited to do a video recorded interview. I did not get past this stage but the next step would of been selection centre

Future Leader Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Initially, I had to take a number of online tests such as numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and personality tests. After successfully completing these tests I was invited to answer motivational questions. Then, I was invited to complete video assessment.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell about a time when you worked in a group to plan and organise an event. What challenges did you face, and how did you overcome?   1 Answer

Esprit Finance Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

There are 3 steps for the application process. First, I submitted three essays with maximum 300 words for each. These questions are about why healthcare industry, why GSK, and trends in healthcare industry. After submission, I had online assessment which tested fit for GSK, and numerical and logical skills. Next one was video interviews. I answered 8 questions for maximum 3 minutes after 90 seconds preparation time. The last step was Assessment centre which involved an interview, a presentation, a role play and group discussions.

Interview Questions

• Why GSK, why this programme, why pharmaceutical industry, what is Finance for you   Answer Question

Business and Technology Consulting: Future Leaders Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process and but well organised:
    After the application process there were online tests.
    There were three online tests:
    -Verbal Reasoning
    -Numerical Reasoning
    -Logical Reasoning

The tests themselves were not the hardest I have done. After completing these, I was informed in a weeks time that I had progressed onto the next stage.
    This was answering motivational questions. These were focused on my desire to work for GSK and my motivation for picking the stream that I did. On completing this I was informed that I had progressed onto the video interview stage.

The Video interview was a little unnerving because when I logged into my account to do the test run, I realised that my microphone on my laptop was faulty and was giving a lot of feedback. However I was unable to log back into my account from another device to attempt the interview. After much back and forth with the customer assurance people, I was able to download the app on my ipad and answer the questions.
    Still waiting to hear back about the outcome.
    If cleared, the next stage would be the assessment centre

Interview Questions

• What do you think your role entails?   1 Answer
    • Dealing with difficult people   1 Answer