GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

3.2

179 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied on their talent portal. Had a first screening with HR over the phone. Several weeks later I was invited to a face to face interview with the hiring manager. A week or two later invited for a second interview to do a presentation which they provided the information in advance, and followed up by just a couple more competency based questions. Be patient in hearing back from HR.

Interview Questions

• During the screening stage expect to be asked why the company and why the role. Face to face: Standard interview questions (walk me through your CV, etc), competency based questions according to the job spec, and then a round of questions that relate to their principles. Specially this last part requires thinking on your feet and not pre-rehearsed answers. You won't be able to anticipate which direction they'll take with your answers, so honesty will take you a long way. In doing the presentation don't leave any stones unturned and keep in mind who will be your audience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

Extensive 12-week application process, questions online, numeracy tests, video questions then 2-day assessment centre.
    The assessment centre was very intense, group of 8 people tested in various ways (including group tasks, one-on-one interviews, role play). This is a generic assessment centre for all roles, so its mostly behavioural.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brentford, England (UK)).

Interview

online application (CV and supporting cover letter), phone interview with HR , skype interview with manager, face to face with four directors. Lots of time in-between each stage - 4 months from start to finish - but great communication and clear instructions.

Interview Questions

• how do you ensure that stakeholders are engaged and bought in to a project?   1 Answer

D&I Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

CV, Online application, Two telephone Interview Sift interviews. I had connectivity problems but the
    I didn't get further than telephone Interview. I never heard back about how I did or a polite rejection. I was disappointed that I hadn't at least been told 'we had an overwhelming response from a hundred brilliant applicants, etc"

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current role? How much money do you earn?
      Why do you want to work at GSK?
      Tell me a bout a time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview

I applied online, standard online application asking 3 motivation questions.
    I was then sent online assessments which included mathematics, non verbal reasoning and verbal reasoning.
    A telephone interview followed.
    Next I went to the assessment centre at the GSK headquarter where I had an interview, two group exercises, presentation and a role play.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you didn't get on with someone at work? What did you do?   Answer Question

Finance Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with online application form asking general motivational questions and suitability. Situational Judgement Test, Numerical Reasoning Test followed, then a video interview. Video interview was fairy basic. An assessment centre soon after, then phone call regarding outcome a few days after the assessment centre. The assessment centre was with 5 other candidates, they hold 4 of these for the finance role a year i believe so theres 24 of you who make it to the assessment centre.

Future Leaders Programmer - Business and Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brentford, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application, Online tests - easy if you practice with psychometric testing. one online test is based on GSK values fit assessment to see if you fit their four core values which are at the heart of each stage, Motivational questions about programme and gsk. Video interview - competency based questions then Assessment centre (1.5 days) - 2 group assessments, 1 roleplay (simpler than it sounds), 1 presentation and 1 competency type interview with different wording.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you received feedback, how you changed it and did you go looking for it?   Answer Question

SAP Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England (UK)

Application

Interview

group exercise, then presentation, then role play as project leader dealing with some issues, then a long group discussion and an emergency situation meeting. It was quite challenging and fast paced. The case studies and presentation were not hard to understand. there was a very strong emphasis on company culture affecting decision making.

Interview Questions

• name one time you helped solve a conflict?
      explain one time you led a change?
      explain one time you led a team?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (Brighton, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

- application (CV, cover letter)
    - only tests (behavioural, mathematical, logic)
    -recorded interview
    -assessment centre (presentation on a case study receive one week in advance, group exercises, panel interview)
    I was said to be successful (first 2 stages )sometime after the test, after 4 moths of silence I received an email and I had 2 days to prepare for the recorded interview. 2 days are not enough. The assessment centre place was too far away and bad connected

IT Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online - standard application form; personal information, explain your interest in the role/GSK etc.

Invited to complete 3 assessments:
         1. Values fit test
         2. Numerical reasoning test
         3. Verbal reasoning test
    They weren't too difficult. Just practice a few online first.

Soon after, I was told I was successful and was invited to an assessment centre. (This is unusual, most companies will do a telephone interview first before assessment centre)

Assessment centre involved 3 tasks:
         1. Group task - You and 3/4 other candidates are given information about a product that isn't doing very well. You are told to look at the information (each person has a slightly different set of information) and present your ideas on how to increase sales. They are looking for you to get involved in the conversation, involve other etc.

2. Presentation - You will have been asked to prepare a 5-7 minute presentation on a recent achievement. They are looking for good communication skills in your presentation as well as an achievement relevant to the role in some way. (Doesn't have to be directly. Could show recent leadership achievement in a sport or learning a new skill)

3. Competency Interview - Standard competency interview with a lot of team work questions. Practice a lot before you go. Prepare answers for a wide variety of questions. Use STAR method.

I was asked what kind of role I was looking for.

I then received an offer for a role a few weeks later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you motivated your team mates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

May get offered more than one role.

Other than that, can't negotiate much.