Gleim Publications Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gleim Publications Software Developer Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Applied online for the job though their website. A week later I was contacted through email to schedule a date for the quality assessment test. After completing their quality assessment, later that evening links for the backend and frontend programming test was administered. This is not a general programming test! It's mostly Php, Javascript and SQL then some object oriented principles. I didn't know these languages but you apply oop to figure some of them out. A week later I was then called in for an interview with hr, managers and owner. Mostly non technical questions are asked about your skillset and what you expect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. Everyone starts at the same base pay.

Other Interview Reviews for Gleim Publications

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Speak with HR on the phone. Schedule a few hours to take a quality control (detail oriented) test, general programming test, and optionally a Java test. Speak with HR. Speak with IT Manager, non-technical. They hire many students, so there's no room for negotiation. You start out with a 60 day trial period, after which time they decided to keep or dismiss you; I've heard only a few people have ever been terminated.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Took the onsite assessment
    2. In HR's office, some management people and a senior developer asked me some questions mostly related to my resume
    3. The general manager asked me few questions about the resume and the skills I used

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gleim Publications in March 2013.

Interview

apply online first, hc contacted you to take tests. one quality control test, one programming test, one java test. after you passed the test. you have a second interview with hr and your manager. then you get the offer. the programming test is basic. the java test contains basic java defination

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gleim Publications (Gainesville, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Before the actual interview I had to take their Quality Control test, a Java exam and a general programming exam. It was very basic in my opinion and anyone with understands polymorphism, encapsulation, access modifiers and (some) data structures will do just fine. Then you your have an interview with HR, Technical Support, and finally your supervisor. It was just basic questions at this point. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. Management starts you at the same rate as everyone for 3 months. IF you're lucky and they keep you you might try to renegotiate. Otherwise, wait till the end of the year and hope for a raise.