Glidewell Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.6

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Interview is usually with an HR Personnel who has barely any knowledge of what the job truly entails. Be prepared for a math test. All applicants need to do a timed, slightly difficult math test. It doesn't matter what post you're applying for, anyone who fails the math test can not be offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (New York, NY).

Interview

I had phone interviews. The first one was more about me and my interests, experience, etc. The second one was technical. I was asked questions about C++ mostly, since that's the primary language they use for development.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between objects and classes.   Answer Question
    • Describe the difference between public, private, and protected members.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories in December 2016.

Interview

Saw the job online and took the time to fill out the application, write cover letter, updated resume. Received a call back a few days later and spoke with someone from HR for the initial screening call. Conversation went well, was asked to send samples, so I took the time to send them. Weeks go by, and I do not hear from anyone.

I just find that extremely rude and indicative of how the company operates. If the candidate takes the time to apply and supply samples, the LEAST the company can do is have the common courtesy and professionalism to provide an update or response.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

- The HR first called me and then I had a phone interview with my team leader.

- Then there was an onsite interview. First, I had a talk with the HR and there was a short simple math test. I made a presentation and there were two people in the panel for the interview. (The engineering manager and the team leader I believe). Then I had a company tour.

- I had given my start date as Jan 2017 but I was not able to make it by then. The company understood my reason for delay and extended my joining date to March 2017 on request. Very few companies do that and I personally thank Glidewell for understanding my situation.

- The company is good, the people whom I had a chat with on campus and through LinkedIn felt good.

- Also, given the perks offered by the company, the salary is satisfactory; if not the best. If you are interested in joining a medium scale industry where learning opportunites are more; I strongly recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions on projects and my job experience.   1 Answer

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

It was pretty laid back. I originally applied for the tech writing internship but they closed it and created a job instead. I had a phone interview with HR that I passed. I then had an in house interview where I was given a technical writing test and a math test. I then had a three person interview with some members of the technical writing staff. It was a great interview and a great opportunity but I'm glad I didn't get it. A later internship showed me I wasn't read to begin technical writing as a career just yet. But I would go back and apply with them again. They have GREAT benefits.

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process comprises of 1 HR round, 1 basic Math test and an on site interview with the team members. The team consists of 3 people. But only one person asks maximum questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me something about your previous work in the field of process Development
      2) Ask more about projects, so u should have a deep understanding of your projects, dont forget to learn the most specific details and Analytics.
      3) If you have a previous work exp of even 1 month the interviewer will consider you as professional who has already learned every thing in the brief professional career span.
      2 Answers

Mechanical Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got the interview call through a recruiter. First, HR called for initial screening. Then I was told to complete a redline test - had to check engineering drawings for errors and scan and send back. Then on-site, there was a Math test, followed by one on one interview with HR, hiring manager, and the group leader. The interview process was fairly simple except the redline test- which although not tough, needs you to be aware of your GD&T.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in specialty materials like ceramics?   Answer Question

Polymer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

i am referred by a current employee so i just attend the final interview. The HR contacted me first and asked me some simple questions. Then, The boss of my group interviewed me about 1 hour and a half.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First I had a quick phone interview with a person in HR. The phone interview was to see if I would be right for the job. Then I was scheduled an in person interview. The in person interview was from the same person in HR. I answered a few questions and left after having my information reviewed. Then I had a second interview and had to speak to the department manager. After a few days, I got a call from HR saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't get along with a co-worker?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glidewell Laboratories in March 2016.

Interview

Came in and took a battery of tests on the computer. Had to stop between tests to get instruction on how to take the next. It was basic customer service, Excel, typing a letter. After you thought all the testing was complete, there was yet another test to be had, which was given in the interview room. It was a math test they said was given to everyone from the CEO on down, and it was timed. It wasn't necessarily difficult, but made me wonder if it was just another way to eliminate someone. After that, the testing was finally over.

My particular interview was a panel interview with everybody in the department. Very daunting with 7 people staring at you and asking you questions for what seemed like an eternity. I tried my best to ensure them that I could do the job, considering the incumbent -who was also part of the panel- said she did not have any experience in that particular job prior to her arrival. I tried to sound like a team player and go-getter; someone with experience to help get the job done, because with 6 people to support, they could use the help.

After the interview, I was told that the next step would be a meeting with the head of the department, and that I would know my status by the end of the week. In order to show my interest, I even followed up at the end of the week. I never heard back even to receive a rejection notice. For the recruiting department, I found that rather telling.