Global Blood Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Associate Director, Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Blood Therapeutics (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

GBT was very efficient in setting up the phone interviews (with HR and Supervisor) as well as the on-site interview. I was grateful that it wasn't an 8-hour interview, which can be exhausting. It was "only" a 4-hour interview (lunch was brought in), with all interviewers getting a half-hour (which is more than enough time). Follow-up was immediate, and the salary and start date were settled quickly.

Coming over 40 miles from East Bay, I appreciated the non-commute-hours interview time, as well as the lunch. Also, good directions were given to the building/parking, as well as a PDF of the company benefits.

I first started in the industry in 1988. GBT's process is definitely the exception on all fronts, rather than the rule. And yes, i did get offered the position and I accepted, but everything started off on the right foot with the interview.

Interview Questions

• My experiences with clinical trial supply were brought up by everyone, as they should have been. GBT needed someone to come in and hit the ground running, so this was the obvious question.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Blood Therapeutics (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager reached out for an initial phone screen. We hit it off and he decided to bring me onsite. HR personnel seemed unfriendly and uninterested in my conversations with them. Also seemed to have a lack of communication, they didn't even know I had already spoken to the hiring manager. HR declined to bring me in.
    I really liked the company and their mission.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Global Blood Therapeutics (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The process was very organized, effective, and handled with professionalism. Phone interviews with HR and Hiring Manager, followed by an on-site interview. Detailed information (e.g., direction, parking, schedule) was provided in advance. Interviewers (~10, 30 minutes each), those this position would closely interact with, seemed to be very mature, professional, and passionate about what they do at GBT, dedicated to help underserved patient populations. There was this sense that collaboration was important and valued at GBT, and people loved the CEO.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about and why are you interested in GBT?
      How does your experience match with the position under discussion?
      Why are you looking?
      What can I tell you about GBT?   Answer Question

MSL Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Blood Therapeutics in August 2017.

Interview

I am writing this in hopes someone in upper management will see this. What happened to me I would consider borderline cruel. I applied to GBT a few weeks ago and I receive a decline email a few days later which is a bummer, but it happens. Few days pass and HR emails saying there was and error in the system and it was sent by accident and she would like to set up an interview. I am of course over joyed became I really admire what GBT is doing. I do not fault her or GBT on this by any means, things like this happen and I did not think twice. We email back and fourth to set up times, she then confirms a time she said she was not available. Again, mistakes like this happen no big deal and the timing is resolved. Flash forward to the day of the phone interview; I don't hear from her at our scheduled time so I wait to email her 30 min. later. Maybe she was in a meeting and it run over so I wanted to give her a little bit of time. She emails me back saying " called you at 11 and you told me you didn’t apply for this position. You were driving in your care. I am cancelling the call." That is word for word what she emailed me. I email back letting her know she may have dialed the wrong number and I can assure her that was not me because I did indeed apply and was looking forward to the interview and waiting right here in my office! Nothing! I left another email asking for the chance to speak so she can obviously hear in my voice that wasn't me. Have not heard back. I really stand by Global Blood Therapeutics value and mission which is why this is very upsetting. If you filled the position that's fine, but just say that. If you dialed the wrong number that's fine to, but just say that or don't and let's just set up a new time. Not even having the regards to resolve this is very frustrating, accountability is what makes a successful team. I hope one day I do actually get and interview with Global Blood Therapeutics.

Interview Questions

Global Blood Therapeutics Response

Jan 31, 2018 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions. Regardless of whether an interview ultimately concludes in someone joining our team or not, we want every single person to have... More