Global Resources Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Global Resources Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Global Resources

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Global Resources (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview (3 total). The first contact was a reply to my email submission with my resume. The first phone call was an introduction about the company and the position. The next phone interview was the interview per se.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Global Resources

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Great. The interview was great. Extremely nice and professional. They asked basic questions and pretty much extended the job offer and sent me information in the mail. I am trying to find out as much as I can about the company. So far, most of the reviews have not been good. I am just trying to find out what other people think based on the responses.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? I talked a lot about my experiences in the various fields which did really allow them to ask me a lot of questions. I asked a lot of questions to them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Resources (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone call with Business Analyst/Recruiter. He seemed fairly knowledgeable and had a lot of good insight into the position. Assured me that 70 - 80% of the owners we visit sign up after meting with a Business Analyst. Not a bad closing ratio, and I understood that the role of the Business Analyst was to show value in what the consultants do, which did not seem unreasonable. Described travel requirements, and that analysts would get a chance to work with a multitude of businesses suffering a multitude of unique problems. This job description fit me to a tee since I have been working with small businesses for quite sometime helping the owners/managers fix issues. After only making one call, and doing some deeper investigation of this company at the insistence of family (Google "John Burgess Global Resources", and be amazed at the lawsuits...), I decided that this was not for me. Global Resources requires you to pay for certain travel expenses and then get reimbursed. This is not out of the ordinary for travelling business people, but most travelling business people expect that once they get to their destination, they will be required to work. GR Business Analysts are required to sell using high pressure tactics and hard sell techniques. I genuinely wanted to be a part of a solution, and learn a lot on this journey, but after I realized that this was about to turn unto a money sink for me, I got out fast. Fortunately, I am only out hundreds of dollars rather than the thousands that I have read about other Business Analysts losing. Do not believe this company's lies!

Interview Questions

• Talk about a successful project that you are most proud   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Excellent phone interview. Good discussion on how business analyst operates. Exciting idea to see how many businesses operate. Seemed like a rewarding and satisfying experience. Only drawback is the 90% travel. But commission structure maybe worth the travel.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Global Resources (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It's not even an interview. A proper Management Consulting firm typically reviews a candidate's ability to think on the spot, think creatively, logically and analytically. Obviously there's a fit component to that whole process as well. But Global Resources just vaguely describes their business, their clients, the nature of the work, the earning potential, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a hostile client?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

After setting up the initial telephone interview, you receive literature concerning training, compensation, etc. You are expected to front all travel costs except flights and then get reimbursed only $100/ day. On its face, it is impossible to even consider the position.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to front their business expenses was shocking.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

HR representative contacted me very quickly after my online application. There were 2 phone interviews that were very thorough asking about how my background matched their needs. The follow-up emails were timely and friendly. Arrangements for travel to training were handled seamlessly. My questions were responded to very quickly. The HR representative made a point of meeting me at the training.

Interview Questions

• How will you and your family be able to manage 100% travel (Sunday out, Friday back)?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Global Resources.

Interview

I applied online through a job board. A couple of weeks passed and then I received an email from Kerri Parks and set up a telephone interview. Brian Parks conducted the telephone interview. The final step is to do the online training for five days and then fly out the following Sunday.

Interview Questions

• Could you handle conflict with a client?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Global Resources in September 2014.

Interview

I had a telephone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The interview asked me some basic questions which were answered on my resume. Most of the time was spent by me asking questons

The job is advertised as a business analyst but after researching the company and reviewing past and existing employee reports I learned that the job was actually a glorified sales job relying on high pressure sales tactics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Global Resources (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

These are some very sharp folks and if they see you have potential they will pursue your aggressively. The interview by phone lasted about an hour and was very comfortable give and take. They had a sharp "pre-interview" assessment document that laid out all the information about them, the company, the training, pay scale and travel issues regarding the potential job. They were upfront about what they expected as goes travel, training provide your own laptop etc. Almost went for it...but!

Interview Questions

• If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I went online and typed their name with the word "review" and the word "scam". Employees to customers are very, very unhappy with these folks. From slow to short pay to high pressure and little quality delivery. And I kept googling and googling look for a positive...I declined the job.   1 Answer

see above. It was a good practice run but a poor discovery in the end.