Glu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glu (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief, and there was no test. Met with members of the team I would be working with. 3-4 hours. I felt the group was made of excellent individuals who I could trust. The project also seemed interesting.

Interview Questions

• The only important question was "What excited me about games". Every other question was pretty standard - my experiences, how I would solve problems, etc.   1 Answer

Glu Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for providing this feedback and welcome aboard!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Glu.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was given an assignment to complete in a week. The assignment was related to the job I applied for and a sample of the kind of work I would be doing at Glu.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Glu (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was thrilled with the ease and level of professionalsism of the Glu interview process. I had originally submitted my application to a different position but was kindly turned around by the recruiter to suggest a different position more aligned with my qualifications. The interviews followed a 3 step process: phone screening, on-site, and final video call. Everyone on the panel was prompt for their interviews, kind, and well versed to explain their role and the needs for his role. This positive experience and understanding of impactful work lead me to accept an offer. I'm glad I did!

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Glu.

Interview

The Glu interview was a mix of 1-on-1 meetings, group interviews, and problem solving. Discussions were friendly and enjoyable, and the overall process was very smooth. I genuinely liked everyone I met.

The problem solving portion consisted of monetization design discussions and some brief, on-the-spot analysis work.

Discussions about Glu mostly centered around the strengths of that particular studio, their history, and their outlook in the coming year.

Discussions on my experience were broad, with conversations on what I've pioneered in the past, ownership and successes, design philosophy, and data philosophy.

Interview Questions

• I was shown an exhibit related to a particular monetization feature that was in design, and I was asked to share logic on how I would progress/complete that design.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Glu (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was provided with directions to the company, an interview time and a list of interviewers. The interviewers were management and several peers who would utilize my expertise if hired. The process was comfortable and ended on time. Interviewers put me at ease and had relevant questions. I enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Specific expertise with compensation program administration and analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary.

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glu (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview. Questions about experience, skills and work. Great talk with the team and it helped me understand the company and team a lot. Very interesting and talented people.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the reason you're interested in working at Glu mobile for this role?   Answer Question

SF Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I came in and the coordinator met me up front, she was very nice to me. I was brought around the office and was able to see where each department was located. I saw a lot of the posters of the games they have published. I was offered a snack but didn't not take one because it would have been odd to eat during an interview.

I was able to meet with a few people where they all asked my background so i kept repeating the background to each. Everyone seemed very cool and had a pretty good interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Glu (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. After phone screen with HR, there's one phone interview with hiring manager and one onsite interview. In phone interview, the hiring manager asked mostly about my technical background. The onsite interview had 4 rounds. Questions are mostly about work related skills. The interviews are nice and friendly, and atmosphere is very relaxed. I had a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical background and work related skills questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu in September 2016.

Interview

- Phone Interview with HR
     - Phone Interview with the hiring manager
    - PM Test (Interpreting data and balance tasks for games made up for the test)
    - Submit Test
    - In person interviews with team and presentation of test

Interview Questions

• What new system would you add to one of the company's existing titles to increase monetization?   Answer Question

Community Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Glu (San Mateo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and got a response maybe a little more than a week later. It was weird because I applied to LinkedIn using my resume, but I was still asked to provide a resume. Anyway, after the initial phone screening, I was invited to the studio for another interview around seven people (first two, then one, then another two, and then two again) -- I don't know if it was appropriate to have that many people interview me since this was a lot of carry over, but I'm assuming they were just feeling the vibes to see if I would fit in the with the team since that's really important in the industry. I eventually got another e-mail from the recruiter saying the decision of bringing me on was unanimous.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a high-paying yet disgruntled client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Glu (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting coordinator to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that they reached out to me again, and I went for an onsite interview. The process was fairly quick. Onsite I had 4 20-30 minute interviews with 4 different team members. One of the members just spent the entire time asking me if I had any questions and asking me if I was interviewing with other companies and such.

The atmosphere onsite was a little uncomfortable. The onsite process was pretty unstructured. I waited a long time in the waiting area because the room they booked for interviews was overbooked, and there didn't seem like there was much coordinator or communication between the team members who were interviewing me.