GoDaddy Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.7

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with 5-6 individuals, it wasn't very organized, some awkward silences like they didn't know who should ask questions, one individual had a sour look the entire time and the other person had his arms crossed the entire time which shows a disinterest. Not to mention, when he asked questions his voice trailed off.

Interview Questions

• They asked: why this company, why would they hire an external over an internal?   Answer Question

Oct 10, 2017

Thank you for providing your recent interview expereince with GoDaddy! We strive to provide the best interview process for our candidates and your feedback is really important. We typically hold a... More

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone interview that asked a few questions about sales experience and customer service experiences. Asked about previous employment and schedule availability. I had a good experience throughout the interview process and I was really impressed with the work atmosphere. I was excited to start as soon as possible and was even offered a day shift which I have heard is not the normal. They want you to have open availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in a sale where you had to deal with a no.   1 Answer

Jun 1, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to review your interview process. I'm glad you had a great experience, and best of luck to you at GoDaddy! - Shannon B

Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First thing is a phone interview and then an in person interview, the phone interview is mainly to ask about what you think consultation is or should be as well as sales experience if you have any. The in person interview was mainly them walking you around the Tempe campus even if you don't work there telling you a little about the job and the perks of working there. As well as asking about yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe consultation?   1 Answer
    • They ask a couple of personal questions to find out things about yourself and some things about what you didn't like at your previous job.   1 Answer

Oct 16, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on us! We’re excited that you had a positive experience, and we’re even more excited that you decided to join our team. Much success in your new... More

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

4 plus hours of unnecessary interviews. If you are not hired you just wasted a half a day of your life. Your skills should be tested first before moving forward.

Interview Questions

• The coding question asked is something you would never do in real life ever as a person or a developer.   Answer Question

May 5, 2017 – Director of Corporate and Technical Recruiting

Thank you for taking time and giving us feedback. It sounds like there are two areas of concern: 1) pre-testing and 2) relevant interview questions. On the first item, we have all developer candidate... More

CDC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Great one on e Discussion outlining basic job functions and a couple phone interviews followed by an invite to speak in person. A guided tour of the facility and a General Break down of Others who have succeeded at GoDaddy. Overall a pleasant experience in this day and age.

Interview Questions

• How i overcame certain objections   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your hiring process! I'm glad you had a positive experience, and best of luck to you at GoDaddy :) -Shannon B.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

First Recruiting interview. How is your management style?
    Where they wanted to know how you are managing your team.
    It was followed 1 week later by a scheduled hiring manager interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me a recent project you have managed?   1 Answer

Jul 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time share your expereince in interviewing at GoDaddy! Great to see that our process was moving quickly. Looks like the role did not work out for you but I would encourage... More

Web Presence Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

They gauge you based on your personality and experience. The supervisors for each department are involved in the interview as well as employees on the team. The management really focus's towards building a team that gets involved with each other, and not just another body in a chair.

Aug 23, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to review our interview process! We pride ourselves in providing great experiences for our candidates, and I’m glad to hear yours was positive. Best of luck with your... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

Online application. Than online contact from recruiting deptment. Online questionnaire. Than called in for face to face interview. Once arrived had to take take for 20 minutes and complete as much as possible. Than I was interviewed by 2 people. I received an email I was hired a week later and started training the next week for 2 weeks (paid).

Interview Questions

• Standard customer service questions and questions about computer skills and knowledge.   1 Answer

Jan 24, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback about the interview process! I'm glad your experience was positive, and congratulations on the offer. Welcome to GoDaddy! - Shannon B.

Customer Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Over phone interview and then in person. Typical questions. They want you to explain the consultative sales experience you have, so be prepared to explain how you have done so in the past. The job will be much more tech based than you might expect. Go in prepared on the products GoDaddy has besides just domains.

Interview Questions

• What consultative sales experience do you have; give me an example of when you consulted a customer to establish their needs?   Answer Question

Mar 21, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview process at GoDaddy. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience, and we wish you the best of luck with your career here... More

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the role of DevOps Engineer and received an email to set up some time for an initial phone screen with the recruiter. After the phone call, I was given a take home coding test via email with a deadline of few hours. The coding challenge was simple, it required to parse through a log file and print relevant information. Within a few minutes of submitting the code, I got a standard rejection letter and upon follow up I was told to go back and read the instructions. The code worked fine, printing all the information as asked in the instructions but I think I missed one thing in the instruction manual which was not very clear. I thought of following up again but with the first email I received being so rude, I decided not to. I felt like I wasted my time working on the problem.
    This is not my first bad experience with the company. Previously I had applied for the position of Site Reliability Engineer where I had two rounds of interviews, first with the recruiter and the second with the hiring manager. The hiring manager round mostly consisted 'yes/no' type questions and questions like 'rate yourself on a scale of 10 in various tools and technologies' and finally ended the call with the question of 'what is internet'. Never heard back!!
    Quite sad and disappointing!!

Interview Questions

GoDaddy Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Director of Corporate and Technical Recruiting

Thanks for writing about your experience in being vetted for one our Site Reliability Engineer openings here at GoDaddy. For the coding portion, we do use a developed technical challenge that is used... More