GoDaddy Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.6

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone interview that asked a few questions about sales experience and customer service experiences. Asked about previous employment and schedule availability. I had a good experience throughout the interview process and I was really impressed with the work atmosphere. I was excited to start as soon as possible and was even offered a day shift which I have heard is not the normal. They want you to have open availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time in a sale where you had to deal with a no.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

4 plus hours of unnecessary interviews. If you are not hired you just wasted a half a day of your life. Your skills should be tested first before moving forward.

Interview Questions

• The coding question asked is something you would never do in real life ever as a person or a developer.   Answer Question

May 5, 2017 – Director of Corporate and Technical Recruiting

Thank you for taking time and giving us feedback. It sounds like there are two areas of concern: 1) pre-testing and 2) relevant interview questions. On the first item, we have all developer candidate ... More

CDC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Great one on e Discussion outlining basic job functions and a couple phone interviews followed by an invite to speak in person. A guided tour of the facility and a General Break down of Others who have succeeded at GoDaddy. Overall a pleasant experience in this day and age.

Interview Questions

• How i overcame certain objections   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your hiring process! I'm glad you had a positive experience, and best of luck to you at GoDaddy :) -Shannon B.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ).

Interview

Online application. Than online contact from recruiting deptment. Online questionnaire. Than called in for face to face interview. Once arrived had to take take for 20 minutes and complete as much as possible. Than I was interviewed by 2 people. I received an email I was hired a week later and started training the next week for 2 weeks (paid).

Interview Questions

• Standard customer service questions and questions about computer skills and knowledge.   1 Answer

Jan 24, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback about the interview process! I'm glad your experience was positive, and congratulations on the offer. Welcome to GoDaddy! - Shannon B.

Customer Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Over phone interview and then in person. Typical questions. They want you to explain the consultative sales experience you have, so be prepared to explain how you have done so in the past. The job will be much more tech based than you might expect. Go in prepared on the products GoDaddy has besides just domains.

Interview Questions

• What consultative sales experience do you have; give me an example of when you consulted a customer to establish their needs?   Answer Question

Mar 21, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview process at GoDaddy. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience, and we wish you the best of luck with your career here ... More

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the role of DevOps Engineer and received an email to set up some time for an initial phone screen with the recruiter. After the phone call, I was given a take home coding test via email with a deadline of few hours. The coding challenge was simple, it required to parse through a log file and print relevant information. Within a few minutes of submitting the code, I got a standard rejection letter and upon follow up I was told to go back and read the instructions. The code worked fine, printing all the information as asked in the instructions but I think I missed one thing in the instruction manual which was not very clear. I thought of following up again but with the first email I received being so rude, I decided not to. I felt like I wasted my time working on the problem.
    This is not my first bad experience with the company. Previously I had applied for the position of Site Reliability Engineer where I had two rounds of interviews, first with the recruiter and the second with the hiring manager. The hiring manager round mostly consisted 'yes/no' type questions and questions like 'rate yourself on a scale of 10 in various tools and technologies' and finally ended the call with the question of 'what is internet'. Never heard back!!
    Quite sad and disappointing!!

Interview Questions

GoDaddy Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Director of Corporate and Technical Recruiting

Thanks for writing about your experience in being vetted for one our Site Reliability Engineer openings here at GoDaddy. For the coding portion, we do use a developed technical challenge that is used ... More

Design Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Formal face-to-face interview with team leader of department. Minimal dress / preparation requirements. Sat down in big conference room that was actually reserved for a team that was supposed to meet there. They had to use the smaller conference room. The interviewer had a booklet of prepared notes and questions but did not seem organized/prepared for the actual interview and had to look through his notes constantly to find what to ask next. Otherwise the interviewer seemed open and receptive so it was if not orderly at least comfortable to conduct the Q/A.

Interview Questions

• When were you the leader of a particular team or project and what did you do for it? How did it turn out?   1 Answer

Feb 7, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to review your interview process! We pride ourselves in providing a comfortable and professional interview experience, so I'm glad you had a good experience overall. It ... More

PWS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person. Recruiter was great at first - then went completely dark. After second interview, could not reach him. It was a very frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

GoDaddy Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview process. We try to provide timely communication to our candidates, and I'm sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience. We take this ... More

Hosting Support and Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the portal they have. Got an email a couple days later asking me to do a phone interview. Scheduled that. During the phone interview I was asking questions like "Explain FTP." "What is DNS?" After that there were some questions asking why I chose to apply and then there was a couple minutes where I was briefed about the company and was invited in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for GoDaddy?   Answer Question
    • What happens when you type in google.com to your web browser?   Answer Question
    • I am a customer calling in after purchasing a web hosting package, try and execute the call.   Answer Question

Nov 14, 2016 – Recruiter

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recruiting and onboarding experience at GoDaddy! Feedback is a crucial way for us to continue to improve the experience for our candidates, and learn ... More

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Relaxed, easy, straight forward and short. The supervisor was wearing a sports jersey for "jersday" - a company day during football season. She was kind, funny, and the interview felt very comfortable overall.

Interview Questions

GoDaddy Response

May 9, 2017 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to review your interview process at GoDaddy! I'm glad that you had a great experience, and I wish you the best in your career :) -Shannon B.