GoDaddy Interview Questions in Tempe, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.5

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the role of DevOps Engineer and received an email to set up some time for an initial phone screen with the recruiter. After the phone call, I was given a take home coding test via email with a deadline of few hours. The coding challenge was simple, it required to parse through a log file and print relevant information. Within a few minutes of submitting the code, I got a standard rejection letter and upon follow up I was told to go back and read the instructions. The code worked fine, printing all the information as asked in the instructions but I think I missed one thing in the instruction manual which was not very clear. I thought of following up again but with the first email I received being so rude, I decided not to. I felt like I wasted my time working on the problem.
    This is not my first bad experience with the company. Previously I had applied for the position of Site Reliability Engineer where I had two rounds of interviews, first with the recruiter and the second with the hiring manager. The hiring manager round mostly consisted 'yes/no' type questions and questions like 'rate yourself on a scale of 10 in various tools and technologies' and finally ended the call with the question of 'what is internet'. Never heard back!!
    Quite sad and disappointing!!

Interview Questions

GoDaddy Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Director of Corporate and Technical Recruiting

Thanks for writing about your experience in being vetted for one our Site Reliability Engineer openings here at GoDaddy. For the coding portion, we do use a developed technical challenge that is used ... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

By far the best interview I've been on. My recruiter Sean Lau was awesome and made it an unforgettable experience. He was very detailed in his tour of the facility (which is beautiful) and what the job entails. Also on what to expect after the interview. You can tell he loves this company and I was more than excited to become a team member. Thank you again for this wonderful opportunity.

Interview Questions

• In the last 6 months what is something that you taught yourself and what resources did you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

GoDaddy Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to review our hiring process! I'm glad you had a great experience, and best of luck to you at GoDaddy. -Shannon Beller

Consultant - SalesSupport Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Filled out application online. Was referred by a friend, who currently loves working at this company. Then received a 15 minute phone interview. Then came in a week later for a face to face interview. The staff was great, it was very low key and relaxing. The recruiter (Sean Lau) was easy to talk to, friendly, and respectful. Went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with the location due to how far I have to drive.

Technical Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. They take you on a tour of the Tempe location and act like that is where you are going to work, but they'll stick you in Gilbert. They tell you how great life at GoDaddy is and what a great job it is. The recruiter I had was really cool.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Inbound Sales and Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I first had a 20-30 minuted phone interview wherein I was asked traditional phone interview questions, I was then brought in for a face-to-face interview wherein I was asked more traditional and also some non-traditional interview questions. Overall, the interview experience was average.

Internet Sales and Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

applied online, took test online for usage with pc, and general pc/internet knowledge, interviewed with HR, and offered the job, really basic and simple, not really that difficult, super easy. the interview with the hr person was really inpersonal, and not specific to anything critical.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website in October 2015 and received a 1 hour Hackerrank challenge. Completed the challenge within a week which had only one question. The question was to merge two already sorted arrays. Then the wait started and the opening disappeared from the website. They arguably have the WORST recruiting process. Their career site says: "Nobody like radio silence, so if you don't hear from us, email us or message us using the integrated chat on the website". But guess what...they never reply, neither to emails nor to messages.
    What a waste of time it was applying to GoDaddy. People expecting some communication for New Grad position should stop thinking about it. Total waste of time and effort.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The whole process was amazing but very long. The test was not easy but it was not difficult either. The phone interview was easy because the recruiter was very nice. The interview was also easy in my opinion but it is hard not to be nervous when you see where you might potentially be working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation at work where you had to take a risk and what happened?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

It was very professional and had several phases to it to insure a quality hire. Even though it took a couple months for them to offer me a job, it was well worth the wait.

Internet Sales and Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy but yet gives you a very good idea of what is expected from you. Computer skills screening, Phone interview followed by a on site interview and tour. If you are applying to a bilingual position they will require a additional language test.The on-boarding process was very easy and fast. They also do a full background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to relate about the company's culture.   Answer Question