GoPro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoPro Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Applied to their career website, got email and phone call from the recruiter in a few days. After setting up a phone interview with the engineering team for about a half hour with typical interview questions and two online coding sessions. Then gave me a programming assignment, but was told they are holding on to the position.

IT Applications Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The process was efficient and took just over 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well and I was then invited in for onsite interviews. The recruiters coordinator requested available interview times. I gave times that would work and times when I was not available. The coordinator then went and scheduled the onsite interviews during a time that I was not available. Very confusing...the response was that it was the only time that would work. I reworked my schedule to fit. The interviewers seemed nice, genuine and for the most part, on the young side without a lot of experience. The recruiter got back to me within a couple of days.

Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward project manager questions and questions about my background.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an interview which went well and immediately asked to come in for a job for Administrative Assistant. GoPro flew me up which was great. Timing of the meeting was changed quite a few times but you do a 2 hours interview with 5 people so its understandable. The only negative was it took 2 months to hear back. I did not end up getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this job? What was past experience? Do you have a GoPro camera?   Answer Question

Vice President of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professionally managed process from the application process all the way through closure. The HR / Talent Recruiting team, to the interviewers themselves maintained schedule, asked probing and genuine questions. At the beginning of the 5 person, 3 hour interview HR mentioned they'd gather feedback and get back within in a week. --They kept their promise, and while I didn't get the job, I was impressed by their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where it makes business sense to select one technology path, but a large engineering user community prefer a different technology?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process began w/ a Skype interview with the HR manager (who was wonderful). Then moved on to the hiring manager who seemed very uninterested. Felt like I was talking to myself. I was told after 3 weeks that they decided to go a different direction and hire internally for a different position.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview had almost zero production questions. They wanted to know list of video gear I can use, and editing I've done. I was told most listed jobs weren't even hiring and actually "frozen", but they would "talk to me anyway to get an idea of my video editing background" even though that was not what I was interested in applying for.

Interview Questions

• Briefly describe what types of cameras you've used to shoot video.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very nice people... very organized. Meet a team in San Mateo...everybody very concerned about the company profitability. Since then they launched new products which I hope will affect their stock price... people seem nervous that revenues are declining as are profits...

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website. I heard back pretty quickly from a recruiter who was genuinely interested in finding the right role at the company. Spoke to a few hiring managers to gauge interest. Had an onsite scheduled within a week.

The onsite was rushed (30 mins for each conversation). One of the interviewers was very stubborn and specific about the kind of response they wanted (looked very confused half the time). The rest of the interviewers were just fine. The hiring manager then did a follow up call and then followed by another senior manager. The interview itself was good.

The company then went silent for 3 weeks. No rejection and no confirmation and very sporadic communication. Pretty horrendous given a 5-6 hour investment as a candidate.

Avoid if you can. Doesn't look like they have their act together.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are designing a website that allows customers to vote on exactly one wine that will be mass produced by the website? Write down user stories?   Answer Question
    • Take any feature that you worked on and write a user story?   Answer Question

Mobile User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied on website, spoke with recruiter couple times and had a phone call with a hiring manager. She asked me some questions about my work experience and if I have any hardware related experience. I said No. After the phone screen, recruiter asked me to complete a design exercise and submit the work. And said they will fly me to San Diego to have a onsite interview, so asked my preference on date for the following week. I gave 2 options but they said they only can do it on neither of them but another day. So I said ok. I got the onsite schedule which was around 3 hours from a coordinator. The interview would include a lunch interview with one of the interviewer and a presentation for design exercise and speaking with 3 other people. Then I got the fly confirmation from agent 3 days before interview. They didn't ask me anything about the fly until I asked back. Then finally I went to San Diego. I met the hiring manager and she asked me the same question again. There were some designers joining the design presentation, they didn't ask me any questions about the design exercise, they even never check the design which I submit before I got there. I flied there at early morning and didn't have lunch during the interview and I flied back at same day. After the interview, I asked recruiter for the result couple days later and got reply with no offer. The reason is I don't have enough UX experience, which I believe they already know from my resume that I have 4 years experience. And the other thing is I ask the coordinator for the reimbursement of my commuting and she said she sent me a email about it which I never received so I asked her to send it again. Then I follow the process to submit all the documents then got no response.

Interview Questions

• What is your design process? Do you have any hardware related experience?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an on site interview. On site provided lunch. Met with 4 people all claiming to be the manger of the small team applying for. Clearly, there are way too many managers at this company, 4 managers for a team of 12 people. Post interview rejection call contained wrong information about the process and a general lack of understanding of the role applied to.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what job I wanted to do at the company, not the one I was interviewing for but a different job, mid interview.   1 Answer