GoPro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.6

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter call, then half an hour phone interview on background, 1 hours code pair session, onsite interview.
    Code pair was a easy question. Practicing leetcode should help. I have cleared both the rounds but the recruiter informed the team is going ahead with other candidates. Both the interviewers I spoke with are candid, friendly and were really pumped up working for GoPro

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

There were 1 or 2 preliminary interviews (there must have been a second, but I don't recall many details about it). After that I got invited for an onsite. This review is about that. There were four interviewers:

The first, with a dev. This was pleasant, conversational, and not too challenging

The second, with a manager. He drew out an application architecture on the whiteboard and asked me how I would go about testing it. I felt like the question was too broad and I had a hard time answering it.

The third, with a test dev. She gave me typical whiteboard problems, which were fine although I was feeling a little discouraged after the previous interviewer.

The fourth, with another manager. We started making small talk / typical generic interview questions and then she asked me a question I found pretty bizarre. It was basically a series of hypothetical situations in which I gradually got more work piled on me, and the prompt "what would you do then?".

To paraphrase:

interviewer: "you have a 10 day project, how do you manage your time?"
    me: "I consult with peers, work iteratively, etc"
    interviewer: "halfway through you get another project, what now?"
    me: "i balance time between projects, etc"
    interviewer: "it's friday, you're behind, and everything's due monday. what now?"

at which point I broke out of character in this little role play. I don't remember exactly what I said,
    but it was something along the lines of "you seem to be implying that it's expected to work on the
    weekends. Is this true? How long do people work here?"

To which she responded: "it depends, but it's silicon valley, so most everyone works more than 40 hours"
    To which I respond: "not true, many companies work 40 hour weeks."

Yeah, so you get the idea, that last interviewer really didn't go well at all. She probably thinks I'm some
    communist agitator.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was Friday, you were behind, and your work was due Monday?   1 Answer

Embedded Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First had a phone interview with the team manager. Later got the invite for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a 4 hour interview split between 5 different people. The interview was purely technical.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

I have applied in the GoPro Careers website and within a day, I got an E-Mail from recruiter to schedule telephone call.
    I was interviewed by the Director of Firmware, I was asked to explain about my previous experience, tough project and tough issue faced. Though I have not included the flight control systems in my Resume, my profile matched 70% of job requirements, hope this is the reason I got a call, but the Director himself told over the call that he was looking a guy with the flight control systems background.
    Finally, I was told that they will keep my resume and if anything perfectly matches with my skills they will consider :) most of the calls end like this.

I was not sure if GoPro wanted Engineer specific to flight control systems, then why did they select a resume where they do not see it as included in the skills.

Interview Questions

• why didn't you join your previous company after your graduation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1st HR Screening asking about company culture, why you want to join GoPro.
    2nd Technical interview on the expertise required by the job description. Some basic knowledge of data structure and algorithm, your project experiences and your familiar programming languages.
    3rd Coding interview 2 algorithm questions in 45 minutes. The first is medium and the second is easy.

Interview Questions

• basic data structure like array, queue, hashmap. classic algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Applied to their career website, got email and phone call from the recruiter in a few days. After setting up a phone interview with the engineering team for about a half hour with typical interview questions and two online coding sessions. Then gave me a programming assignment, but was told they are holding on to the position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview first, then on-site interview. After that wait for about a couple day, then they gave a call and said I have already pass the interview. The process are smoothly.

IT Applications Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The process was efficient and took just over 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well and I was then invited in for onsite interviews. The recruiters coordinator requested available interview times. I gave times that would work and times when I was not available. The coordinator then went and scheduled the onsite interviews during a time that I was not available. Very confusing...the response was that it was the only time that would work. I reworked my schedule to fit. The interviewers seemed nice, genuine and for the most part, on the young side without a lot of experience. The recruiter got back to me within a couple of days.

Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward project manager questions and questions about my background.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by phone for an interview which went well and immediately asked to come in for a job for Administrative Assistant. GoPro flew me up which was great. Timing of the meeting was changed quite a few times but you do a 2 hours interview with 5 people so its understandable. The only negative was it took 2 months to hear back. I did not end up getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this job? What was past experience? Do you have a GoPro camera?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday. The next Monday I got a call interview. The following day they asked my to come in. I was notified that Thursday I got the role. Started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• Explain relative experience. What do you know about GoPro? Do you think you'll be a culture fit? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question