GoPro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoPro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.6

Director Image Quality Assessment Interview

Interview

Overall, I didn't like their culture. I asked a few questions regarding day to day job responsibilities and she was very vague about it. Also, I didn't feel like the interviewer like his job also. I work for a well known company.

Long Commute

Senior Postion - Marketing Interview

Interview

They are overwhelmed with interest is my guess because the recruiters are extremely rude about responsiveness. My background is a definite fit for the brand & I came highly recommended directly to them and they've lost my desire to work there (and likely many other future top talent) by how dismissive they are after promising profusely to get back in touch.

Firmware Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter emailed an inquiry about a possible phone screen window. Then had a phone interview with hiring manager for about 1 hour. The conversation went well. Went in for an on-site 5 hours interview. A few days later, got called in for a quick 2nd interview. Then HR started calling for offers. The whole process was very positive. Professional and responsive. Great people and great company to work for!

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects that went horribly wrong..   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

The day of the interview I received a generic email stating the position was filled and no follow up after that. It was really unfortunate after having worked out a time that suited us both, confirming and then being blown off by an automated message.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process was great. Recruiting team really took time and planned all phone interviews taking into account my schedule. All phone interviews were on time and professional. In person interview was 5 people 1:1. All had a very different skill set. I was sure to have questions for each of them and they all were very open and honest about the role and the needs of the company. After reading other reviews my only feedback about the negative reviews are- this company is a start-up , coming from a start-up background I totally understood that the 30 minutes each interviewer gave me was a huge sacrifice in their day. Be sure to ask your most important questions , they don't have time to chat with you. I felt like the interview schedule was great. Really gave me a great perspective of the company and the role

Interview Questions

• What do you do if something isn't working and there is no one to help you fix it   1 Answer
    • Questions were clear - no off the wall questions - many were about culture fit   Answer Question

NetSuite Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Got the phone call from recruiter, a very nice lady and very follow up. Then she passed me to have interview with Hiring manager after couple days. It was a quick turnaround. The recruiter team was very follow up the process update you the interview details and feedback.

Interview Questions

• It was all common questions, would you introduce yourself / Do you know NetSuite one world.   Answer Question

GoPro Response

Oct 13, 2015 – Talent Operations

Thank you for your comments regarding the recruitment experience. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience and that the turnaround from phone screen to onsite was quick. We are always ... More

Photo Assistant - Adventure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Two weeks later, an assignment/test. Then two weeks later told they were going to "move forward with other candidates who appear to match our requirements more closely at this time."

Interview Questions

• Where do I currently work. Do I think I could handle the job tasks. How much I currently make, and how much I'd like to make working for GoPro. If my portfolio work was compensated.   1 Answer

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy discussions with their recruiter over the course of several phone calls, a lunch and an after-interview assessment.

Their project management staff took issue with their recent restructuring. Awkward.

The interview with the department managers was discouraging and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Flip the keys & values in a hash table / dictionary / array (PHP style)   1 Answer
    • How do queues & stacks work?   1 Answer
    • How can you tell if a linked list cycles?   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent in my resume and was contacted the same day (Wednesday) for a phone interview. I was asked for availability over 3 days (Fri, Mon, Tues.). I sent back the best times and and never heard back. I emailed the recruiter Monday morning updating my times. She requested a time which ultimately would work because of an emergency meeting at my current employer. I emailed back explaining this and asking for a bit later time. Never heard back till she tried to call at the bad appointed time. She left a message asking for another time and I gave her many more times. Never heard another peep until today when I got an email saying the position had been filled. Is reading your emails too much? Perhaps recruiting isn't for you. Bad communication (none).

GoPro Response

Oct 13, 2015 – Talent Operations

Thank you for your feedback. The GoPro team is constantly looking for ways to improve our communication with candidates and ensure that everyone receives follow up from us in a timely manner. We ... More

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GoPro (Orem, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

Wanted to know if I had interest in cameras and had any knowledge of how cameras worked (very basic knowledge). Also wanted to know if I had any previous customer service experience and in what industry. Interview was with one of the call center managers and was very easy.