GoPro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoPro Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Overall, I felt the interview experience with GoPro was very flexible, relaxing and interactive. It's more of a conversation atmosphere than a stressful screening process.

Applied via the company website. Got the phone call from recruiter after about 2 weeks after application and had a basic conversation: I was asked to briefly go thru my CV and the recruiter introduced the job, I was notified about the further interview processes soon after the phone call;

> Formal interview with the recruiter (around 1 hour): I personally found this round behavioral based and was meant to assess the personality, communication skills, as well as some general knowledge about electronics industry. There were a few behavioral questions, also got some detailed questions regarding my project experience in college as I was a grad applicant;

> Interview with manager and senior workers (around 1.5 hours): this round I got some technical questions related to my area of expertise;

> Interview with higher level manager of the team (around 30 minutes): this was also the final round, I introduced myself and asked some questions about the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where working within a team environment,
      How do you handle multiple tasks,
      Given a situation and asked to provide my solution,
      Describe how I dealt with specific issues when doing previous design works.
      Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

There were 1 or 2 preliminary interviews (there must have been a second, but I don't recall many details about it). After that I got invited for an onsite. This review is about that. There were four interviewers:

The first, with a dev. This was pleasant, conversational, and not too challenging

The second, with a manager. He drew out an application architecture on the whiteboard and asked me how I would go about testing it. I felt like the question was too broad and I had a hard time answering it.

The third, with a test dev. She gave me typical whiteboard problems, which were fine although I was feeling a little discouraged after the previous interviewer.

The fourth, with another manager. We started making small talk / typical generic interview questions and then she asked me a question I found pretty bizarre. It was basically a series of hypothetical situations in which I gradually got more work piled on me, and the prompt "what would you do then?".

To paraphrase:

interviewer: "you have a 10 day project, how do you manage your time?"
    me: "I consult with peers, work iteratively, etc"
    interviewer: "halfway through you get another project, what now?"
    me: "i balance time between projects, etc"
    interviewer: "it's friday, you're behind, and everything's due monday. what now?"

at which point I broke out of character in this little role play. I don't remember exactly what I said,
    but it was something along the lines of "you seem to be implying that it's expected to work on the
    weekends. Is this true? How long do people work here?"

To which she responded: "it depends, but it's silicon valley, so most everyone works more than 40 hours"
    To which I respond: "not true, many companies work 40 hour weeks."

Yeah, so you get the idea, that last interviewer really didn't go well at all. She probably thinks I'm some
    communist agitator.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if it was Friday, you were behind, and your work was due Monday?   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

I have applied in the GoPro Careers website and within a day, I got an E-Mail from recruiter to schedule telephone call.
    I was interviewed by the Director of Firmware, I was asked to explain about my previous experience, tough project and tough issue faced. Though I have not included the flight control systems in my Resume, my profile matched 70% of job requirements, hope this is the reason I got a call, but the Director himself told over the call that he was looking a guy with the flight control systems background.
    Finally, I was told that they will keep my resume and if anything perfectly matches with my skills they will consider :) most of the calls end like this.

I was not sure if GoPro wanted Engineer specific to flight control systems, then why did they select a resume where they do not see it as included in the skills.

Interview Questions

• why didn't you join your previous company after your graduation?   1 Answer

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview was with a recruiter. Quite easy, mostly about my resume and a general questions. Second one was with the hiring manager. Asks me to tell me the approach for designing test fixtures used for testing the USB port on a GoPro, number of cycles that you would test reliability for etc. Get an e-mail from the interviewer in a couple of days saying I was not selected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1st HR Screening asking about company culture, why you want to join GoPro.
    2nd Technical interview on the expertise required by the job description. Some basic knowledge of data structure and algorithm, your project experiences and your familiar programming languages.
    3rd Coding interview 2 algorithm questions in 45 minutes. The first is medium and the second is easy.

Interview Questions

• basic data structure like array, queue, hashmap. classic algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro.

Interview

Applied to their career website, got email and phone call from the recruiter in a few days. After setting up a phone interview with the engineering team for about a half hour with typical interview questions and two online coding sessions. Then gave me a programming assignment, but was told they are holding on to the position.

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

one phone interview, three rounds of in-person interviews. None of the interviews delved too deep into technical questions and leaned more heavily on 'personality' questions. Important to emphasize your enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Phone Interview first, then on-site interview. After that wait for about a couple day, then they gave a call and said I have already pass the interview. The process are smoothly.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out via email and set up an initial phone call. We then followed up with a quick video chat. Next round was an onsite interview at GoPro HQ. We took a nice tour of the campus and I met with the hiring team. Two 30 minute rounds of interviews - one was panel style, with three interviewers at once. My recruiter reached out with a follow-up call the next day to discuss next steps.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you handle fast-paced environments? 2) How have you improved efficiency in the past? 3) Lots of situational-based questions   Answer Question

IT Applications Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The process was efficient and took just over 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well and I was then invited in for onsite interviews. The recruiters coordinator requested available interview times. I gave times that would work and times when I was not available. The coordinator then went and scheduled the onsite interviews during a time that I was not available. Very confusing...the response was that it was the only time that would work. I reworked my schedule to fit. The interviewers seemed nice, genuine and for the most part, on the young side without a lot of experience. The recruiter got back to me within a couple of days.

Overall, a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward project manager questions and questions about my background.   Answer Question