Gocompare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gocompare

3.7

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gocompare (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied directly through the website. Had an initial telephone interview which was just really HR based and was invited to a face to face. Good communication up until the face to face interview.

Face to face lasted over 3.5 hours which I felt was excessive, it was split between a CV walkthrough and a technical interview. The CV walkthrough started as far back as my degree where I was asked questions about my modules and then we progressed through every job within my 20 year IT career, including explaining any career gaps. Only the last 8 years on my CV really was relevant to the job I was being interviewed for... by the time we got to this part (2hrs in) it was very difficult not to be repetitive. Technical interview was mainly questions about automation testing and mentoring - which I had already spoken about in the 2hrs walking through my CV. Overall I do not feel this interview process favours a longer career in IT. It then took 2.5 weeks for any feedback, considering the amount of time I had given up for the interview I consider this extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest achievement?
      What was my favourite module on my degree?
      How would I go about mentoring someone?
      What could you bring to GoCompare?   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gocompare.

Interview

Super enjoyable process. George Berkowski and his assistant Josh Roles were excellent throughout the recruitment process and Tom Miller was timely co-ordinating the details of the offer.

The process consisted of telephone interviews with senior management and a case study presentation in front of the product team, followed by shorter individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Delved into product management methodologies, philosophies and toolbox. They seem to have a great culture and making sure the person is the right 'fit' was important for them.   Answer Question

Creative Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gocompare (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Interview was thorough but enjoyable and I got a good vibe from both interviewers. I was asked to design a newsletter which I submitted but I never heard anything back, despite numerous attempts to contact the internal recruiter. Even a one-liner to say I didn't get the job would have been nice. Poor form.

Interview Questions

• How would you critique a fellow designer if you didn't like their solution to a brief?   Answer Question

Recruitment Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gocompare (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by psychometric testing, a presentation and 2 hour interview. A good process that covered all areas of both me and my experience. Although I didn’t get the Job, the interview did reaffirm why I would like to work there.

Interview Questions

• What made gocompare a credible employment option for you?   Answer Question

Content Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gocompare (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Quite a straight forward process, good communication up to the interview, given a presentation task. After being told I would be contacted after the interview either with an offer or not, I had absolutely nothing. I reached out for feedback for the interview, my attempts were disregarded and communications completely stopped.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gocompare (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

I first spoke to a Recruitment Agency, and then had a phone interview with the HR Manager. This was followed by a Technical Test to do at home over a weekend but 'only spend around 2 hours on it'

Interview Questions

• Technical test, told to take around 2 hours over a weekend producing 'production ready' solution   1 Answer