Godiva Chocolatier District Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial interview was with an internal recruiter. This person was pleasant and provided a good experience. She, unfortunately was the last professional and appropriate person I chatted with. I say that after having a poor experience with the tenured Regional. The market had just had the loss of a long term District Manager, who was evidently not growing people or sales in the market. The Regional was more interested in showcasing what she demanded and was a rather unpleasant person. After reading many of the reviews here, I recognize that perhaps being a private company, there may not be a focus on professionalism and candidate experience. Quite sad, when one considers that candidates are often current customers or in the world of business potential future customers who might consider a negative experience as a detractor to the overall company.
After the experience, I quickly realized that this was not a company that I wanted to be associated with. Fortunate to have dodged this situation in Texas! Advice - look elsewhere - do some research on the company and the people before you make a leap into what could be a poor decision.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions - however did not do an effective job in sorting out people skills which are relevant across industries.   1 Answer