Godiva Chocolatier Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Godiva Chocolatier Store Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and friendly. A very positive experience. I had 3 phone interviews and 1 personal interview. Following each interview I was explained the next steps and encouraged to ask questions. Once I was offered the position, the new hire paperwork was promptly shipped to me. Through the process the recruiting team was very supportive.

Interview Questions

• Questions were behavioral, based on my prior experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. We had a mutual agreement on the tearms of employment.

Other Interview Reviews for Godiva Chocolatier

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Interview

Interviewed with district manager over the phone first. Then interviewed with regional manager over the phone. Met with district manager at a Starbucks and received an offer quickly. Process probably took 2 weeks.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in June 2014.

Interview

Several interviews with multiple levels. Starts with a recruiter then dm, hr, rd, and 1 on 1 after that. The process was long but manageable. They asked alot of questions about interacting with team and customers. The recruiter was a big help and talked about what to expect at every level of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

You apply online and then a recruiter interviews you for approximately 30 minutes. If you pass that stage, you are moved onto the District Manager. You are than moved onto the Regional Manager and than onto the Human Resources Manager. A minimum of (4) interviews will probably be held before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1 to 10 how bad do you want to work for Godiva based on our discussion? If you don't say 9 or 10 your probably won't be hired.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier.

Interview

I received a promotion so I didn't have to do an initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good store manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. I took what they gave me.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Emeryville, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

When I interviewed, there were two store manager openings in the district. I met with the District Manager, and then had a phone interview with Human Resources. This was followed by an interview with the Regional Director. I then received the job offer from the District Manager and was informed that she was leaving the company to pursue other opportunities (red flag#1). I was surprised that both interviewers had been with the company for less than 2 years (red flag #2). I was required to submit a drug test for the first time in my 20-year career (red flag #3). The district manager was very open about issues with retaining store managers and high sales pressure from the company (red flag #4). I guess I must have been color blind throughout this process.

Interview Questions

• I have struggled to keep managers in my district. Why would this be any different with you?   1 Answer
    • This location has had major issues with employee turnaround. How would you fix this problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Very professional...

Negotiation

Know your numbers, find out if what you're asking is in their pay range. Learn what to say and how to negotiate. You have to be prepared.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier in November 2009.

Interview

Recruiter was far more interested in talking, then in finding out candidate information. And she was reluctant to discuss the district manager(your direct supervisor). It was a strange experience, and if this is how Godiva normally hires their management staff, I understand why they struggle with inconsistency and high turnover.

Interview Questions

• This store struggles with underperformance. Do you think you could change that and how?   1 Answer

Pay was below industry standard.
    Work/life balance was retail from 20 years ago.

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (Naples, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

one time interview process, background checks, questions were pretty basic as many other interviews in retail. When you gave exceptional customer service, what was the outcome. How you handled an irrate customer or customer returns. How many employees you have trained and supervised in your previous employment. How have you handled problems that have arised between employees

Interview Questions

• what you didn't like at your last employment? Don't want to over do it and sound like your whining.   1 Answer

Negotiation

short because I was happy with what they offered

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Godiva Chocolatier (San Francisco, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

3 interviews, background check, 15 reference checks!!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.