Gold's Gym Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.2

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morehead City, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Morehead City, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Very simple application and overview of your current certifications. There was an area on the test to see how well you are in math without using a calculator.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with a variety of client situations (age, injury, etc)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gold's Gym

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Fitness Manager called me about a month after I applied. Went in for the interview and got hired on the spot. Overall process from when I was first called only took about two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Basic questions, interview was long only because I was interviewed by four Golds Gym employees. During first interview my resume was reviewed. Asked basic questions as to why I applied, what can I bring to Golds Gym. All four Golds Gym employees were very professional and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What are your future pans here with Golds Gym   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundalk, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Dundalk, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with head of quality control. Very nice, very easy to talk to. Asked general questions about me & my background in fitness. Discussed both the personal trainer/coach position I applied for and also a Head Personal Trainer position. He was very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Were you offered a position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Baltimore, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Inquired in person, gold's was eager to hire trainers, submitedit my resume and certifications. Was hired quickly after a few informal meetings. There need is always greater than the available trainer's at most times. Not much else to say very light and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Certifications and experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable corporate policies

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Greensboro, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked about my prior experience, certifications, and what I would do for a particular scenario. There was also a myriad of questions pertaining to how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What type of intensity would you train a client that is expecting a baby?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview covered a brief history of Gold's Gym and then he went over my resume and asked about my experience and did emphasize that it is a sales driven job.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gold's Gym.

Interview

Online submission and two interviews - there is also a background check. The date of hiring has normal in processing employee videos and briefings. This is not a 'give me' process be prepared and dressed well.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call back, and then I met with the assistant fitness manager a few days later. I will always be grateful for the opportunity that Gold's gave me when nobody else would. If it wasn't for Gold's Gym SoCal, I wouldn't have been able to get the experience necessary to become a private trainer. I learned a lot, and met a ton of like minded individuals.

Interview Questions

• What was your training background?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gold's Gym (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Brought in a clerical person to sit in on the interview and said he had to talk to the boss about approving the position. Asked questions that are off limit. One on one conversation. Then the clerical person was brought in to meet me bc the boss was busy.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? Why do you want this job? I can see you are in good shape, said while scanning my body.
      Asked if I was married.   1 Answer