Goldfish Swim School Swim Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldfish Swim School Swim Instructor Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldfish Swim School

1.4

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call the next day, set up an interview for the following day. Interviewed with the manager in her office, asked simple job related questions. Asked about child related experience since classes can range from 4 month olds to 7+ year olds. After the interview, the manager told me she would call me tomorrow, and she did call and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldfish Swim School

Swim Instructor Interview

Interview

After applying to the job online, I immediately got a phone call from one of the managers on duty. We scheduled an interview for the following day and I was hired on the spot. They gave a general overview of the curriculum in their swim school and tested by existing knowledge of the pool, but prior experience is not required. After determining I was a good fit for the branch, I was asked to come in the following weekend for paid, on-site training in and out of the water.

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School.

Interview

The interview was very low-key and had basic questions. If you have any type of swim experience it is very easy to get hired. I believe if you are a swim instructor you also have to be lifeguard certified, so having previous CPR or lifeguard certification would be a bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Wexford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Wexford, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent in my application online, got a call a few days later, had an interview two days after that. The interview was super short and easy. It was just me and the manager in her office. It was very casual. She asked me some basic questions, most of which were on the online application. She also asked me about hours and availability, and offered me the job right then. The manager set up my first work day (two days later) at the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with kids?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with swimming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Mount Laurel, NJ).

Interview

Did an on the phone interview , then an in person quick interview ask tell me about yourself told me about how long the company has been around and why do I want to work here

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School in January 2018.

Interview

They interviewed me over the phone and very quickly hired me. They essentially only asked questions revolving around Goldfish - Why did you choose to apply? What stuck out about Goldfish in comparison to other swim schools? - or questions about my availability. They didn't ask about my certifications and asked very briefly about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Goldfish?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Evanston, IL).

Interview

Interviews are 15 minutes long if they're interested. They'll ask you if you've worked with kids before, are you a happy person, do you like babies, and how long you've been teaching.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Washington, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Fort Washington, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Arrived and was pulled into an office where we talked about my experience with swimming, lifeguarding and working at pools. Talked about my availability (required to work at least one weekend day but you get to pick your days). Was giving a training packet with their handbook, and paperwork to fill out. Then I came in and trained for the job learning the curriculum, how teaching there works, and to see if it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with swimming or teaching swim lessons?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview by phone. Went into the office, very casual dress since the uniform is a bathing suit and spoke to the manager. Was given a tour of the place, everyone was extremely friendly

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldfish Swim School (South Jordan, UT) in February 2019.

Interview

had me come in 3 times to meet each manager and talk to them, they asked basic questions like how are you kids, what makes you good for this position, I also had an interview over the phone before meeting with them