Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

3.3

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I used the new HireVue program and really did not like the program. Phone interviews or in person are so much better and normal. Did not like speaking into a camera.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are in IMD are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person superday that consisted of 3 two on one interviews over the span of an hour and a half. Fair process. Questions were not too difficult. Interviewers were nice. I heard back the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a digital interview composed of five questions and an in person interview. The digital interview was a bit challenging since there is no person on the other side to give feedback or acknowledge your answers. Also means theres no one to make small talk with to get comfortable in the beginning. Overall I would say it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to make a decision quickly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round is coding question on Hackerrank. It gives you 45 min to solve two coding questions. You can use any language you want. The first question is to count the letters apears in a string and the second is the well-known two sum question. After 4 weeks, I get a phone screen and was asked some probability puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of pairs in an array that sums to a fixed number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were four rounds of interview conducted over the phone, this included one informaitonal chat with the team manager. This was followed by one day of on site interviews, which consisted of 6 back to back interviews spread across pre and post lunch sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

GS flew me out to New York for Superday interviews. It was three 30-minute interviews with different VPs. Essentially, we just talked in depth about my resume and why I want to work at GS

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Not quite effective but good overall. I was applying to position in Hong Kong but did the interview in NYC. There are two rounds. First round was recording videos. The second round was face to face with two senior managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in a hotel with a single senior manager at Goldman. She was rude and seemed to have already made a decision based on my resume. Seems like they are looking for a cookie cutter college grad from top tier school with a degree in economics/finance. Not very open to alternative degrees like my biology degree. Asked questions that require fast math skills on the fly

Interview Questions

• How would you do a quick back of the envelope calculation for the current value of a big company like Apple giving it's earnings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Normal behavioral questions such as strength and weakness, but I only prepared for one of each, they will ask you to provide not only one, and want you to connect them together, such as how your strength would solve your weakness. Prepare all behavioral questions you can find, and prepare questions to ask them

Interview Questions

• why gs, strength and weakness, how do you solve conflicts, any questions for me.   Answer Question