Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

3.3

230 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Not much time to prepare. I think they want to see your thought process. Mostly situations questions. 5 situations plus 1 market. I applied to the Securities division so I got asked which asset class do you like???

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I went to their office in Scottsdale where I interviewed with the two partners there for about 30 minutes. I answered there questions and asked some of my own before leaving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First got a hacker rank challenge with 2 easy leetcode questions and then a hirevue challenge with 4 typical behavioral questions about past experiences. Still waiting to hear back from them for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• An unusual "Tell me about a time" question which I could not think of a good example for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Goldman Sachs Engineering division. Got sent a hackerrank and a follow up hirevue. All great and intriguing questions. Would be interesting to see what more questions they have planned in further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Programming: String question and one dynamic programming   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself.   Answer Question
    • what is polymorphism? what is inheritance?   1 Answer
    • The logic used to solve a problem based on the use of arrays.   Answer Question
    • coin flip and risk analysis based brain teaser.   Answer Question
    • regression analysis questions based on what I did during my course work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Wasn't as difficult as I expected. There were 4 interviews all about 30 minutes a piece. Interviewed at the wall street location then had to take a ferry to their NJ location. Overall good interview process.

Interview Questions

• What markets do you follow? Equities, Commodities, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. And they invited me to a Hirevue interview. I had only two days after I received the invitation to complete it. Overall, Goldman Sachs seems really intense.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds in total. 1st round phone screen interview with 3 VPs, 2nd round is superday with 10 team members, and 3rd round is an additional onsite interview with 2 VPs. Team members are very nice and easy going. The whole process is very long, I got the 1st round phone screen on 2/7 and received the final offer on 3/24...Be patient.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume
      Some simple technical Questions