Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I used the new HireVue program and really did not like the program. Phone interviews or in person are so much better and normal. Did not like speaking into a camera.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are in IMD are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds in total. 1st round phone screen interview with 3 VPs, 2nd round is superday with 10 team members, and 3rd round is an additional onsite interview with 2 VPs. Team members are very nice and easy going. The whole process is very long, I got the 1st round phone screen on 2/7 and received the final offer on 3/24...Be patient.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume
      Some simple technical Questions
      Tell me something not on your resume
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in August of 2016, got interview offer February 2017. The first interview was on HireVue (virtual) so you basically had to record your answer to a camera. Asked all behavioral questions like how do you solve a group problem, when was a time you resolved an issue, etc. Then I heard I got the 2nd on-site interview a week later. For that, I had 3 sets of 30 min interviews with two people in the division each. They asked why GS, why this division, walk me through your resume, It was intimidating as hell because I had to be escorted to this special elevator to get to the GS floor and I was so nervous. However, the actual interviewers were a little more laid back than I thought they'd be. Heard back a week later--long-story short, I blew it and they were nice enough to call me to personally call me, which I appreciated. So its all good. Plus it made doing other interviews seem much easier lol.

Just be prepared to talk about your goals and how what you've done in the past relates. Have lots of "team" related stories, and also try to relax

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person superday that consisted of 3 two on one interviews over the span of an hour and a half. Fair process. Questions were not too difficult. Interviewers were nice. I heard back the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a digital interview composed of five questions and an in person interview. The digital interview was a bit challenging since there is no person on the other side to give feedback or acknowledge your answers. Also means theres no one to make small talk with to get comfortable in the beginning. Overall I would say it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to make a decision quickly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round is coding question on Hackerrank. It gives you 45 min to solve two coding questions. You can use any language you want. The first question is to count the letters apears in a string and the second is the well-known two sum question. After 4 weeks, I get a phone screen and was asked some probability puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of pairs in an array that sums to a fixed number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were four rounds of interview conducted over the phone, this included one informaitonal chat with the team manager. This was followed by one day of on site interviews, which consisted of 6 back to back interviews spread across pre and post lunch sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

GS flew me out to New York for Superday interviews. It was three 30-minute interviews with different VPs. Essentially, we just talked in depth about my resume and why I want to work at GS