Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.3

238 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty average. They just asked questions about background and resume.

Advice for candidates: just relax! it is not as bad as you think it will be. just know yourself and your story.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There's a online coding challenge, then hirevue, then on site. Lots of behaviorals and very easy technical coding challenge (finished it in 15 minutes out of the allotted 60).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email about two and half weeks after applying . I had a three day window to complete the Hire Vue interview. I felt the questions were very fair and allowed me to express my personality and skills. I was really nervous going in, and it wasn't bad at all. Don't be nervous, prepare well, but don't be nervous. Just took the interview, so obviously haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to find commonality with someone different than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied GS career website to a few positions. Got a Hackerank interview with Technology. Had a HireVue interview. Wasn't sure which position it was for since CareerPortal showed "application is under review" for all I applied to. 6 questions total.

Interview Questions

• Someone on your team stopped working. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Why was XYZ department your first choice? What do you know about ABC department.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I went to their office in Scottsdale where I interviewed with the two partners there for about 30 minutes. I answered there questions and asked some of my own before leaving.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Not much time to prepare. I think they want to see your thought process. Mostly situations questions. 5 situations plus 1 market. I applied to the Securities division so I got asked which asset class do you like???

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First got a hacker rank challenge with 2 easy leetcode questions and then a hirevue challenge with 4 typical behavioral questions about past experiences. Still waiting to hear back from them for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• An unusual "Tell me about a time" question which I could not think of a good example for.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Goldman Sachs Engineering division. Got sent a hackerrank and a follow up hirevue. All great and intriguing questions. Would be interesting to see what more questions they have planned in further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Programming: String question and one dynamic programming   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

Internship interview is through HireVue, it is a 30 minutes process, 5 questions, 30 seconds prep time. They asked all behavioral questions and wanted a 2-minute response for each question. Haven't heard back in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was pretty straightforward, did the programming questions on Hackerrank which weren't too bad but worth practising beforehand. The second stage was behavioural which was online; it was wired; you answer pre-recorded questions using your webcam and the system monitors behaviour.