Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I went through one on-campus interview (two interviewers) - only behavioral questions and questions related to my interest in the company & position
Second round was in the office - interviews with about 6 people, primarily behavioral questions and some questions about the markets

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2010.

Interview

applied through campus website. first round phone interview with two people. 12 rounds of interview on super-day with two people each round. so in total i met 24 people in the division on that day. some people are nice and some are not. it was for a quant position so there was no behavioral questions at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail inviting me for a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a member of the team I'd be involved with. The questions were mostly behavioral. They asked about ethical dilemmas, how you work in a team, etc. Two weeks later, I was contacted for a second round interview. They flew me out to Salt Lake City where the interview was only an hour long. I had half hour sessions with two senior members, so four people total. The questions again were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part was being asked to teach them a concept in accounting and teach them a concept in finance.   Answer Question

I had a much better offer already and I didn't feel like I would fit in well.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR 3 weeks after resume submitted online. Two interviews with HR mangers then brought in for on site interviews. 6 onsite in person interviews lasting a minimum of an hour. All 1v1 interviews.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two technical phone interviews. Started out with basic questions; talk about your resume, yourself, favorite classes etc. Followed with technical questions, mainly programming. Both interviews based on one or two "core" problems. After successfully answering them they asked for finer details on the answers, how to further optimize, confidence intervals, etc

Interview Questions

• using the basic programming methods, for, while, if, random number generator and arithmetic to calculate some sequence or mathematical constant.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was sent Immediately to "super day".... through networking.

5 interviews in Chicago office 7AM - Noon. Ranged from VPs to new hires.

Awesome facility. The experienced professionals were awesome. Younger analysts seemed awkward & overworked.

I am not a finance major, so questions were more market based/behavioral based/etc.... Nothing too complex. If you watch the news/follows the WSJ you should be fine understanding the questions.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at a company where you will have no life?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I was hired for their CRMA division. It took a month for them to get back after I submitted my application. The entire interview process took 2 months, mostly due to the availability of interviewers. I waited for exactly 2 weeks to hear back after the final interview.
    The overall interview process was very positive. Needless to say that everyone was very professional. There were 8 half-hour back-to-back interviews, all conducted over the phone. There were some typical behavioral questions including tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you had a heavy workload, tell me about a project at your latest internship... etc. You need to know your resume very well. I don't have a very strong finance background, so they didn't ask very advanced finance questions, though there were still some basic technical questions such as what is credit risk, how would you analyze a company's credit risk, what role does debt plays in credit risk analysis, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were expected. The most unexpected question was what do you think is the most important thing to GS at this point?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary is fair.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Initial communication was at a school career fair. Then applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview. There were two interviews each ~30mins with two current employees. After getting invited to final round I was invited to a meet and greet with current vice presidents on campus. Flew out and spent the night prior to all day interviews. Interviews were round robin-esque and went around to three different groups of two for ~30mins each. Then continued receiving emails from firm saying I was still being considered but hadn't been placed. Finally had a phone interview with the team I would be working with on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't difficult - all behaviorally-oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Analyst Interview

Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).