Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.3

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself.   Answer Question
  • what is polymorphism? what is inheritance?   1 Answer
  • The logic used to solve a problem based on the use of arrays.   Answer Question
  • coin flip and risk analysis based brain teaser.   Answer Question
  • regression analysis questions based on what I did during my course work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Wasn't as difficult as I expected. There were 4 interviews all about 30 minutes a piece. Interviewed at the wall street location then had to take a ferry to their NJ location. Overall good interview process.

Interview Questions

• What markets do you follow? Equities, Commodities, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I used the new HireVue program and really did not like the program. Phone interviews or in person are so much better and normal. Did not like speaking into a camera.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds in total. 1st round phone screen interview with 3 VPs, 2nd round is superday with 10 team members, and 3rd round is an additional onsite interview with 2 VPs. Team members are very nice and easy going. The whole process is very long, I got the 1st round phone screen on 2/7 and received the final offer on 3/24...Be patient.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume
      Some simple technical Questions
      Tell me something not on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in August of 2016, got interview offer February 2017. The first interview was on HireVue (virtual) so you basically had to record your answer to a camera. Asked all behavioral questions like how do you solve a group problem, when was a time you resolved an issue, etc. Then I heard I got the 2nd on-site interview a week later. For that, I had 3 sets of 30 min interviews with two people in the division each. They asked why GS, why this division, walk me through your resume, It was intimidating as hell because I had to be escorted to this special elevator to get to the GS floor and I was so nervous. However, the actual interviewers were a little more laid back than I thought they'd be. Heard back a week later--long-story short, I blew it and they were nice enough to call me to personally call me, which I appreciated. So its all good. Plus it made doing other interviews seem much easier lol.

Just be prepared to talk about your goals and how what you've done in the past relates. Have lots of "team" related stories, and also try to relax

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person superday that consisted of 3 two on one interviews over the span of an hour and a half. Fair process. Questions were not too difficult. Interviewers were nice. I heard back the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a digital interview composed of five questions and an in person interview. The digital interview was a bit challenging since there is no person on the other side to give feedback or acknowledge your answers. Also means theres no one to make small talk with to get comfortable in the beginning. Overall I would say it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to make a decision quickly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round is coding question on Hackerrank. It gives you 45 min to solve two coding questions. You can use any language you want. The first question is to count the letters apears in a string and the second is the well-known two sum question. After 4 weeks, I get a phone screen and was asked some probability puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of pairs in an array that sums to a fixed number.   Answer Question