Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.3

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty average. They just asked questions about background and resume.

Advice for candidates: just relax! it is not as bad as you think it will be. just know yourself and your story.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On campus interview, then on site super day. Pretty manageable process. Wasn't too difficult although towards the end you don't hear back for a while. They contact you within a week or two of the interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Casual talk in Dallas office. Talk in the panel of three poeople. very engaging experience. Question about the grades and past experience. Also where you see yourself in the future.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was online with a Robot and they asked you questions and then you had 30 seconds to think. They gave you 2 minutes to answer each one. It was not horrible, just hard to know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a manager was asking you for specific information on a confidential project that you are working on with another manager because they need it to make an important business decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There's a online coding challenge, then hirevue, then on site. Lots of behaviorals and very easy technical coding challenge (finished it in 15 minutes out of the allotted 60).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email about two and half weeks after applying . I had a three day window to complete the Hire Vue interview. I felt the questions were very fair and allowed me to express my personality and skills. I was really nervous going in, and it wasn't bad at all. Don't be nervous, prepare well, but don't be nervous. Just took the interview, so obviously haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to find commonality with someone different than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied GS career website to a few positions. Got a Hackerank interview with Technology. Had a HireVue interview. Wasn't sure which position it was for since CareerPortal showed "application is under review" for all I applied to. 6 questions total.

Interview Questions

• Someone on your team stopped working. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Why was XYZ department your first choice? What do you know about ABC department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

2 programming questions (1 easy, 1 medium) hosted on hacker rank. Time limit is 1 hour. Second question was based on dynamic programming. I did not have enough practice on dynamic programming and hence couldn’t solve the second one

Interview Questions

• StairCase Problem - count number of ways to reach the top. One can take at a time 1,2,3 steps.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I went to their office in Scottsdale where I interviewed with the two partners there for about 30 minutes. I answered there questions and asked some of my own before leaving.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Not much time to prepare. I think they want to see your thought process. Mostly situations questions. 5 situations plus 1 market. I applied to the Securities division so I got asked which asset class do you like???