Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

3.3

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was online with a Robot and they asked you questions and then you had 30 seconds to think. They gave you 2 minutes to answer each one. It was not horrible, just hard to know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a manager was asking you for specific information on a confidential project that you are working on with another manager because they need it to make an important business decision?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Visited the NY office for a super day of 4 back to back interviews. It seemed as though each interview was entirely separate because they all asked the exact same three technical questions in each interview. Almost all interviewers from alumni of NYU Stern and other undergrad business programs. So, there was a very large emphasis on technical questions with just a few behavioral questions and one brain teaser. Overall, the process was very unprofessional. There was no HR contact, just a nebulous recruiting e-mail address that ignored all of my inquiries. I had an early morning interview and requested a hotel but they nickeled and dimed me, saying that I should take a 5 am train instead. They also told me that I would hear back in 1-2 weeks. But, they took 4 weeks to reject me. Then, a week later, I received an e-mail with on boarding details. Needless to say this was a mistake on their end and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is our stock trading at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email about two and half weeks after applying . I had a three day window to complete the Hire Vue interview. I felt the questions were very fair and allowed me to express my personality and skills. I was really nervous going in, and it wasn't bad at all. Don't be nervous, prepare well, but don't be nervous. Just took the interview, so obviously haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you had to find commonality with someone different than you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied GS career website to a few positions. Got a Hackerank interview with Technology. Had a HireVue interview. Wasn't sure which position it was for since CareerPortal showed "application is under review" for all I applied to. 6 questions total.

Interview Questions

• Someone on your team stopped working. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Why was XYZ department your first choice? What do you know about ABC department.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

2 programming questions (1 easy, 1 medium) hosted on hacker rank. Time limit is 1 hour. Second question was based on dynamic programming. I did not have enough practice on dynamic programming and hence couldn’t solve the second one

Interview Questions

• StairCase Problem - count number of ways to reach the top. One can take at a time 1,2,3 steps.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Not much time to prepare. I think they want to see your thought process. Mostly situations questions. 5 situations plus 1 market. I applied to the Securities division so I got asked which asset class do you like???

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I went to their office in Scottsdale where I interviewed with the two partners there for about 30 minutes. I answered there questions and asked some of my own before leaving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First got a hacker rank challenge with 2 easy leetcode questions and then a hirevue challenge with 4 typical behavioral questions about past experiences. Still waiting to hear back from them for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• An unusual "Tell me about a time" question which I could not think of a good example for.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Goldman Sachs Engineering division. Got sent a hackerrank and a follow up hirevue. All great and intriguing questions. Would be interesting to see what more questions they have planned in further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Programming: String question and one dynamic programming   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

Internship interview is through HireVue, it is a 30 minutes process, 5 questions, 30 seconds prep time. They asked all behavioral questions and wanted a 2-minute response for each question. Haven't heard back in a week.