Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I used the new HireVue program and really did not like the program. Phone interviews or in person are so much better and normal. Did not like speaking into a camera.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are in IMD are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in August of 2016, got interview offer February 2017. The first interview was on HireVue (virtual) so you basically had to record your answer to a camera. Asked all behavioral questions like how do you solve a group problem, when was a time you resolved an issue, etc. Then I heard I got the 2nd on-site interview a week later. For that, I had 3 sets of 30 min interviews with two people in the division each. They asked why GS, why this division, walk me through your resume, It was intimidating as hell because I had to be escorted to this special elevator to get to the GS floor and I was so nervous. However, the actual interviewers were a little more laid back than I thought they'd be. Heard back a week later--long-story short, I blew it and they were nice enough to call me to personally call me, which I appreciated. So its all good. Plus it made doing other interviews seem much easier lol.

Just be prepared to talk about your goals and how what you've done in the past relates. Have lots of "team" related stories, and also try to relax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a digital interview composed of five questions and an in person interview. The digital interview was a bit challenging since there is no person on the other side to give feedback or acknowledge your answers. Also means theres no one to make small talk with to get comfortable in the beginning. Overall I would say it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to make a decision quickly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round is coding question on Hackerrank. It gives you 45 min to solve two coding questions. You can use any language you want. The first question is to count the letters apears in a string and the second is the well-known two sum question. After 4 weeks, I get a phone screen and was asked some probability puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of pairs in an array that sums to a fixed number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

GS flew me out to New York for Superday interviews. It was three 30-minute interviews with different VPs. Essentially, we just talked in depth about my resume and why I want to work at GS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in a hotel with a single senior manager at Goldman. She was rude and seemed to have already made a decision based on my resume. Seems like they are looking for a cookie cutter college grad from top tier school with a degree in economics/finance. Not very open to alternative degrees like my biology degree. Asked questions that require fast math skills on the fly

Interview Questions

• How would you do a quick back of the envelope calculation for the current value of a big company like Apple giving it's earnings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First 45 min phone screen with HR, which was very tough (attitude-wise, not the contents of the questions), after which I felt so depressed because nobody had ever talked to me like that. So I was very surprised when I got the onsite invitation a couple of days later because I thought the HR lady didn't like me at all. Mostly she was trying to stress me out to see if I would lose it.

It was a bad timing for my onsite interview as it was a first workday after a holiday so I was told many people were not in the office. I interviewed with two VPs and an associate. The questions were not hard (mixed of behavioral and technical questions) but I was a little intimidated and under prepared, that my knowledge was a bit rusty. But I did fine as I figured out all technical problems, some with hints.

I followed up with one of the VPs who gave me his card a week later, who didn't reply my email. But then I was emailed by HR twice the following two weeks, telling me I was still under consideration and would get back to me once she has an update for next steps. Then more than 3 weeks later after my onsite interview, I got a call telling me that my application would not be moved forward. 5 days later I saw they re-posted the position on their website...

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?
      Why Goldman?