Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

3.3

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through web portal with CV and cover letter.
HR invited me for multiple rounds with a couple of 2 to 1 interviews.
Questions asked related to previous experiences, as well as personal attributes, including ethics, teamwork, and personal goals.
Interview process was well conducted and HR was always very cordial and professional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Interview

All 1 on 1 interviews

Interview Questions

• Depreciation increases by 10 how does that affect all 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had 2 half hour interviews 2-on-1 with one interviewer doing most of the questioning and the other watching intently. Very hard to tell what the silent one was thinking and very nerve racking. Most of the questions were about my past experiences and how I solved problems. The questions that threw me off were the more personal questions like who is my idol. Maybe not the hardest question but I just wasn't expecting it.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Generic questions about internships and academic experience

Interview Questions

• Rank risk customer experience and performance in order of importance   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round consist of 2 separate interviews, each 20 mins long with 2 interviewers from the operations department. The interview is more behavioral based. They want to find out more about you and see your fit with the position and how you answer their questions. Some qns include why goldman sachs, why ops, what do we do in your opinion, tell me a time where your team had some conflict and how did you resolve it....

Interview Questions

• Why do you see yourself in 3 years time in terms of your career?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: asked behavioral questions such as how you work in a team. How do you think are unqualified for the position? what makes you qualified? Explain the yield curve and how it applies directly to investors? Explain a time when you handled conflict?

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better in the last interview?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process for the post of analyst in the above company was a very well structured interview process with many rounds of interview. Questions related to personal life, leadership skills, team building and suitability to culture are prominent types. Knowledge of current affairs and about the company plays a major role too.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Long but good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough but fair.

Analyst Interview

Interview

0. A lot of discussion about my under grad college,its campus,hostel life,( even food quality !!). Then why not Phd-difference in academiic and corporate life etc etc?
    1. What is outlier? Why we are concerned about them - give a situation ? How to detect it? 2008 crisis-extreme value theory?
    2. What do you mean by lift chart?
    3. Stability of a system? Describe eigenvalues and eigenvectors?
    4. What do you mean by Factor Analysis?
    5. logistic regression? how to estimate its parameters? how to know whether it is a good model or not? Give an example of it.
    6. When is a PDE parabolic? Methods to solve PDE numerically? Explain Finite Difference Method
    7.Describe CLT?
    8. How to Estimate parameters of ARIMA model?What is ACF?

Analyst Interview

Interview

Intense. Requires careful preparation. Seek feedback through mock interviews before superday. Have conviction.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are derivatives of questions on prep guides. I was asked how to solve the European crisis, which was expected. The surprise was the detailed follow-up on nuances. It was basically a pressure session.   Answer Question