Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.3

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with Goldman Sachs a while ago as a contractor for trade management in London. I interviewed with the hiring manager and one member of the team. Overall it was a pretty difficult interview, but I think it's a good thing because it just means that they are particular about who they hire and that was apparent when I started working there. Everyone was really bright!

Interview Questions

• I also interviewed with a member of HR. The interview with the hiring manager was focused on organisational skills and general skills required for the role. HR was more focused on cultural fit.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was done using Hireview an online video interview platform. The interview was less awkward then excepted and went faster then expected. If you are applying for multiple internships they use the same video interview so be careful not to tailor your answers too much to one internship. After that was a super day with three interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was basically one phone call, then another one with the Senior HR lead. After I had finished the first two, there was a meeting in the NYC office where I had about 4-5 30min interviews with folks who will be on the team. And that was about it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First I got a call inviting me to an initial interview for the whole securities division, then an online questionnaire. Then a second with two specific divisions they thought I could fit into. Lastly a final interview to meet the team of the specific division that wanted me most. I have engineering and math background and know very little about finance but they were really good at testing me on what I did know. They liked brainteasers a lot. They were also really great with picking divisions that could use my skills which is good because I didn't know enough to know what I wanted.

Interview Questions

• If there was an infinite chess board with squares of 2cm side length and I had a coin of 1cm diameter, what is the probability that it would land perfectly inside a square if I flipped it onto the chess board.   Answer Question
    • Why Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question
    • What other companies are you applying to and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Wasn't as difficult as I expected. There were 4 interviews all about 30 minutes a piece. Interviewed at the wall street location then had to take a ferry to their NJ location. Overall good interview process.

Interview Questions

• What markets do you follow? Equities, Commodities, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

14 interviews over two days, interviewed across two cities and with several management levels. Overall, very professional and easy to manage. Very impressed by management team. Felt respected throughout the entire process beginning to end.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First was a resume screen through campus recruiting, then an on campus first round interview with an associate and a VP. Heard back within about one week for the Superday. Superday consisted of 5 interviews after which offer was given after 4 business days.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself.   Answer Question
    • what is polymorphism? what is inheritance?   1 Answer
    • The logic used to solve a problem based on the use of arrays.   Answer Question
    • coin flip and risk analysis based brain teaser.   Answer Question
    • regression analysis questions based on what I did during my course work.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Indore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Went on smoothly with 4-5 rounds both technical and HR. Panel was good and mostly included Associates & VPs. Each round lasts for about 10-15 minutes. In 1-2 rounds they might ask you puzzles or guestimates so you can be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• About me
      Why GS