Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

14 interviews over two days, interviewed across two cities and with several management levels. Overall, very professional and easy to manage. Very impressed by management team. Felt respected throughout the entire process beginning to end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First was a resume screen through campus recruiting, then an on campus first round interview with an associate and a VP. Heard back within about one week for the Superday. Superday consisted of 5 interviews after which offer was given after 4 business days.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Indore (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Went on smoothly with 4-5 rounds both technical and HR. Panel was good and mostly included Associates & VPs. Each round lasts for about 10-15 minutes. In 1-2 rounds they might ask you puzzles or guestimates so you can be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• About me
      Why GS
      Team work experiences
      Technical knowledge questions
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Obtained 2 interviews of 30min with 2 current workers from the firm during a conference. They were welcoming and did not try to trick me. I heard back favourably from HR the week after.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioural, non technical questions:
      Why Goldman Sachs?
      What make you stand out?
      Questions about my resume
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in August of 2016, got interview offer February 2017. The first interview was on HireVue (virtual) so you basically had to record your answer to a camera. Asked all behavioral questions like how do you solve a group problem, when was a time you resolved an issue, etc. Then I heard I got the 2nd on-site interview a week later. For that, I had 3 sets of 30 min interviews with two people in the division each. They asked why GS, why this division, walk me through your resume, It was intimidating as hell because I had to be escorted to this special elevator to get to the GS floor and I was so nervous. However, the actual interviewers were a little more laid back than I thought they'd be. Heard back a week later--long-story short, I blew it and they were nice enough to call me to personally call me, which I appreciated. So its all good. Plus it made doing other interviews seem much easier lol.

Just be prepared to talk about your goals and how what you've done in the past relates. Have lots of "team" related stories, and also try to relax

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long and gruelling, includes at least 5 steps. A full-day assessment centre, multiple interviews. The interviewers were somewhat stiff but asked very perspicacious points. Response is speedy, no feedback given.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

smooth process,but have to go through multiple interviews...focous is on integrity.they will grill on certain puzzles so be prepared, puzzles will be on choclates,look for emplyees for long term....be yoursef....many defence personnel also involved with the process

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

After applying online, I had a video interview which consisted six questions. Passed the video interview and got invited to the super day where I had 3 back to back interviews with employees from the chosen department. It 50-50 with the interview questions, as it was technical and with a lot of "How would you deal with this" scenario and "Have you ever" scenario, and most obvious "Why Goldman Sachs"