Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.3

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was basically one phone call, then another one with the Senior HR lead. After I had finished the first two, there was a meeting in the NYC office where I had about 4-5 30min interviews with folks who will be on the team. And that was about it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were four rounds of interview conducted over the phone, this included one informaitonal chat with the team manager. This was followed by one day of on site interviews, which consisted of 6 back to back interviews spread across pre and post lunch sessions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

GS flew me out to New York for Superday interviews. It was three 30-minute interviews with different VPs. Essentially, we just talked in depth about my resume and why I want to work at GS

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Not quite effective but good overall. I was applying to position in Hong Kong but did the interview in NYC. There are two rounds. First round was recording videos. The second round was face to face with two senior managers.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

First round was done using Hireview an online video interview platform. The interview was less awkward then excepted and went faster then expected. If you are applying for multiple internships they use the same video interview so be careful not to tailor your answers too much to one internship. After that was a super day with three interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in a hotel with a single senior manager at Goldman. She was rude and seemed to have already made a decision based on my resume. Seems like they are looking for a cookie cutter college grad from top tier school with a degree in economics/finance. Not very open to alternative degrees like my biology degree. Asked questions that require fast math skills on the fly

Interview Questions

• How would you do a quick back of the envelope calculation for the current value of a big company like Apple giving it's earnings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Normal behavioral questions such as strength and weakness, but I only prepared for one of each, they will ask you to provide not only one, and want you to connect them together, such as how your strength would solve your weakness. Prepare all behavioral questions you can find, and prepare questions to ask them

Interview Questions

• why gs, strength and weakness, how do you solve conflicts, any questions for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First 45 min phone screen with HR, which was very tough (attitude-wise, not the contents of the questions), after which I felt so depressed because nobody had ever talked to me like that. So I was very surprised when I got the onsite invitation a couple of days later because I thought the HR lady didn't like me at all. Mostly she was trying to stress me out to see if I would lose it.

It was a bad timing for my onsite interview as it was a first workday after a holiday so I was told many people were not in the office. I interviewed with two VPs and an associate. The questions were not hard (mixed of behavioral and technical questions) but I was a little intimidated and under prepared, that my knowledge was a bit rusty. But I did fine as I figured out all technical problems, some with hints.

I followed up with one of the VPs who gave me his card a week later, who didn't reply my email. But then I was emailed by HR twice the following two weeks, telling me I was still under consideration and would get back to me once she has an update for next steps. Then more than 3 weeks later after my onsite interview, I got a call telling me that my application would not be moved forward. 5 days later I saw they re-posted the position on their website...

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?
      Why Goldman?
      Why wealth management?
      Stochastic calculus
      calculate integral
      some brainteasers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

You would think for being such a prestigious company, they would employ competent recruiters. After I submitted my application, I was contacted by a Recruiting Coordinator in the Experienced Hire Recruiting division and continuously received radio silence for weeks at a time, and not once did he respond or return a phone call. I finally was able to schedule two interviews with the team. I asked him for their email addresses to send thank you emails - no response. I asked what their interview process typically looks like after the first round - no response. I followed up numerous times after my final interview and it took OVER TWO MONTHS to get a response. Needless to say, I had accepted another offer in the interim. It's a shame, as the team with whom I interviewed was great. However, working with this Recruiter was by far the worst interview process I've ever experienced. If I had been kept informed along the way, I would've understood a longer process, but the lack of communication was absurd.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are some projects you've worked on this year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Great people and fair process. Super day experience involved meeting 1-1 with 2 VPs and 1 Dir. They are welcoming and offer info about the team right away. They described current opportunities within the team and asked my preferences in my next role. They are also very flexible, accommodating to candidates and able to see fit within the team right away. They are interested in the canddiates' success and also think of the candidates' long term potential and contribution to the team and to Goldman Sachs. I highly recommend applying for roles and for smart and ambitious professionals this is definitely a great place to start your career in financial services!